I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

85 Goblin Rogue

I read them. I posted in this thread many times, therefore you are including me in your little rant. Until you have an actual reply with valid evidence, please refrain from posting Mr. Hurricane Trinket.

If you took that as an insult then I'm sorry, but I guess the I hit the hammer on the nail with that post. And nowhere did I say "EVERYTHING", I was referring to what was relevant to the example you quoted.

As for the assumption part, pot calling the kettle black? You do know you're assuming things by saying "I guess", right?

Don't assume, it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

Want a better example, here, I'll break down your post and apply it to real life:

Title: You get titles in real life. Doctor/Mister/Judge(Your Honor) ring a bell? How about President, or Boss? Aren't those like in-game titles?

Challenges in game: Much like challenges in life, right? In order to reap the benefits of anything you have put forth effort to achieve it, otherwise you wouldn't go to school or work up a corporate ladder, right?

Think for a second. I'd ask how old are you but I really don't want to offend you without showing/giving you valid information.

I don't buy gold in order to buy myself a better trinket. I also don't get carried in raids like you. Nice try though.

See? I can assume too, and I know it makes you mad, and that you do care because you keep responding like you matter. You, my friend, are a big part of the problem with the game's crappy community.

You can't even speak a sentence without putting someone down to feel superior. This is a game, not real life. You need to learn to separate the two because that's pretty bad you can't tell the difference, or seemingly can't.. rather.

Oh really? Guess what? This game is an example of real life, don't expect things to be handed to you, you have to work for what you earn. If this is me sounding superior well I'm the king of the world right now by stating that one little fact. You keep responding as if you matter as well, when in fact both of us do. You're funny :D.

I wish I was being carried in raids. Then again I wouldn't have participated in the Realm First nor ranked on WoL, or topped the dps meter all while not standing in stuff and dying to stupid things. I guess this does make me superior, so thank you for calling me your superior. :D
Edited by Samanosuke on 5/24/2011 4:33 PM PDT
66 Gnome Warrior
Think for a second. I'd ask how old are you but I really don't want to offend you without showing giving you valid information.

Really? You are now wanting to know how old I am? *sigh* More insults.

I'll just exit this terrible thread and give you the "iwin da internetz" title to sport with your epic gear.

Damn you take everything as an insult, wow. /facepalm

You must be a troll, since you ignored everything else in that post. Take care, don't let the door hit you on the way out![/quote]

For your information, I did read your post. I'm not trolling. I see you have a good case there but your superior attitude and between the lines insults (as with pretty much every post you have answered) is very offputting.

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wait a second...
85 Goblin Rogue

Really? You are now wanting to know how old I am? *sigh* More insults.

I'll just exit this terrible thread and give you the "iwin da internetz" title to sport with your epic gear.

Damn you take everything as an insult, wow. /facepalm

You must be a troll, since you ignored everything else in that post. Take care, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

For your information, I did read your post. I'm not trolling. I see you have a good case there but your superior attitude and between the lines insults (as with pretty much every post you have answered) is very offputting.[/quote]

Well, it'd be true as I was taught that "fiction" example in 8th grade English so if by me thinking about asking your age offended you then again I must be hitting the hammer on the nail.

You didn't even take the chance to read the examples I posted but I'll be damned if you weren't looking for demons where they don't exist. (Or in better terms, looking for insults where there aren't any).

I hope I didn't offend you by breaking down that idiom. Then again, like you said, I don't know you so what should I care. At least stick to the topic instead of making this about you feeling insulted.
Edited by Samanosuke on 5/24/2011 4:38 PM PDT
90 Human Mage
05/24/2011 11:42 AMPosted by Staccato
But have some integrity. You could have increased the quality of life of the actual game by leaving the difficulty as is. It leaves people with things to do.

Have you ever tried to maintain or even advance a guild stuck in the rut of being a tier or 2 behind? Even with 10 man content and guild perks, guilds stuck a tier or two behind for any length of time will churn through people they help to gear up, since those people will get the idea they deserve to see high content quicker and will find a higher end guild willing to take them in.

This helps ensure that guilds that are a bit behind can catch up relatively quickly.

I'm not sure why nerfing out of date content bothers people so much. Why does anyone care that someone else gets a chance to complete content, gain titles, gear or mounts after they have already done all those things?

I don't recall Neil Armstrong getting upset that other people got to walk on the moon after him and in some cases it was easier due to technology upgrades and experience.
90 Human Paladin
05/24/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Bashiok
You will very likely see this same happen for Firelands when the raid tier above it is released.

now when you say "raid tier above firelands" which raid is that exactly?
:)
63 Goblin Warlock
Bring back progression. Why do you nerf content? Why don't you just make it a part of progression? You have to do the first raid, then the second, then the third. And you wonder why people complain about there not being enough content. It's because you're making it obsolete. Nobody does the past tier raids when the new ones are out because there's no incentive to. You can just get everything from the vendors (a terrible idea). How about you get rid of the vendors that provide everything from just running heroics and make people raid for their gear?

In BC, people did Kara all the way up until the end of the expansion. Was that something terrible to be avoided? Of course not.
Edited by Maleficum on 5/24/2011 4:38 PM PDT
85 Goblin Mage
05/24/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Spy
I thought cata was suppose to hard and epics were suppose to be epic? That sure died pretty fast.

You had to know it was coming. After being spoiled in Wrath it would be a cold day in hell before some people actually went out and did anything. It has to be handed to them for it to be "fun".

Wrath screwed so much up in this game. Millions of people were pretty content with the game and then Wrath hit. Now, if you can't half sleep your way to epics and aren't allowed to clear content with half a$$ed raid groups its suddenly unfair.

I guess. Personally I don't really care, I was just pointing out their hypocrisy. But this will lower the skill of the playerbase even further because they can continue to stand in the fire because it doesn't do damage anymore.
85 Troll Druid

I don't buy gold in order to buy myself a better trinket. I also don't get carried in raids like you. Nice try though.

See? I can assume too, and I know it makes you mad, and that you do care because you keep responding like you matter. You, my friend, are a big part of the problem with the game's crappy community.

You can't even speak a sentence without putting someone down to feel superior. This is a game, not real life. You need to learn to separate the two because that's pretty bad you can't tell the difference, or seemingly can't.. rather.

Oh really? Guess what? This game is an example of real life, don't expect things to be handed to you, you have to work for what you earn. If this is me sounding superior well I'm the king of the world right now by stating that one little fact. You keep responding as if you matter as well, when in fact both of us do. You're funny :D.

I wish I was being carried in raids. Then again I wouldn't have participated in the Realm First nor ranked on WoL, or topped the dps meter all while not standing in stuff and dying to stupid things. I guess this does make me superior, so thank you for calling me your superior. :D

Actually I've spent more time farming materials to help people make their pre-raid gear then I have raiding because the server is dead. It's only been recent that I've even found a group that's remotely interested in dedicating time towards accomplishing anything.

Good for you for realm first, I think achievements like that have put a huge rift amongst players, but that's my own opinion.

This character also isn't my main either, but it's a close second lately since I've always had a weakness to returning to my druids. I have more than one, I have 7 85's all in similar ilvl of gear because I like to offer what the group needs to succeed. Do you? Or do you just stick to that one character for everything.

Factors vary widely.

I talk to you the way I do because you presented yourself as a total snob and you may very well be a good person behind that facade.

After 6 months of trying to resurrect this server and trying to keep the few guilds I run with at a healthy level, I've reached burn out status.

The nerfing to things will be greatly welcomed because I hope it will bring life back to my guilds and my realm and produce more pugs to begin forming and people to actually start interacting with each other outside of their small guilds to re-establish a sense of community. If you don't like that, that's your prerogative. I'll be happy if pugs begin again, and I can raid a Tuesday.. and finish on Thursday, or if I can't make it Tuesday one week, I can make it a Friday and Saturday and have FUN just messin around with the small community we have left on my realm.

Maybe you've never experienced something like that before... I don't know, but it makes me wonder.

Edit: Typed 8 instead of 7. Hate when fingers don't move right ><
Edited by Krikek on 5/24/2011 4:43 PM PDT
85 Troll Priest
Im happy to see them nerf the early raids but I wish they did it in a manner similar to ICC where the nerf could be turned off. I would have liked to be able to experiance the raids at their proper difficulty but I just havent had time to raid so far this expac. Makes me a bit disappointed that Ill have to run the lite version.

Having said that I see no problem in making older content easier for people with less skill/gear. Its not like it would have been drasticly effecting my playing experiance if I had been raiding up to this point.
Yeah I know....It's not that I don't think people should see content...it's just that....
I'm sick and tired of playing the game that people that apparently play for 20 minutes a week designed...Not the one that Blizzard made.

I give it 3 days before people are here crying to have Firelands nerfed.

You---I don't----- Why do you even post?

05/24/2011 12:04 PMPosted by Everlyne
I will never understand this mentality of obsolete content. All the nerfs do is turn them into mind numbing, old style NES Gauntlet hack and slash. Blizzard destroys content and progression.

*Obvious* If you are really hardcore, you don't give a shyte what is happening in old content. You are out there swinging your sword in current heroic raids. Wearing the new hotness.

This always ends up being about special snowflakes. "I had to down nef when blah blah blah it was really hard, now when -you- do it, you just have to throw your face at the keyboard blah blah blah."
85 Human Paladin
05/24/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Bashiok
You will very likely see this same happen for Firelands when the raid tier above it is released.

So what does that mean for Titles and Mounts tied to normal modes? Are you still going to allow players to get them after neutering the content? What message do you think that sends to players who completed it before the intentional nerf?
82 Blood Elf Paladin
05/24/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Pølka
I thought cata was suppose to hard and epics were suppose to be epic? That sure died pretty fast.

Well, as far as epics being epic is concerned, it's not necessary to make content incredibly difficult. Blizzard just needs to remove this prominent "grind for points" game and make sure WoW is always a "do content and kill bosses" game.

When did it become written in stone that raids are supposed to become obsolete, and heroic spam is supposed to be the anchor for character progression?
1 Orc Warlock
05/24/2011 04:36 PMPosted by Jacanos

now when you say "raid tier above firelands" which raid is that exactly?
:)

AQ25

you heard it here first.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]