I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

100 Human Mage
I've noticed that those who don't favor the incoming changes are also the ones who throw around words like bad's and casuals and who are also much more aggressive and nasty in their posts.

I find it curious how the standard argument boils down to: The bads want it, they don't want to spend time and they just want to play for 20 minutes and this harms me, but they can't say how nerfing normals harms them in a meaningful way, only it does because somehow they may have to spend time with them in a heroic, which you think they would appreciate a bad who's geared so he contributes a bit more before his inevitable death, instead of a poorly geared one who provides nothing at all.

By the way, almost every nerf is met with the same vitriolic responses by the against crowd, and Blizzard has yet to change their mind because Blizzard has the actual statistics and actual information at hand to make good decisions that benefit the community as a whole and not just a very loud very nasty few.

There are few who have posted saying they want the current content to still be a challenge to their new toons and I will say this to them: Don't wear the better gear you earn, go in and do the content in only heroic level gear if it matters.
87 Troll Death Knight

Your use of "obsolete" is based entirely on your own subjective point of view.

He's right, you aren't. Two weeks after 4.2 is released 'casuals' will be crying for nerfs. Not many will be raiding 4.1 content. It is being wound down.

And how does your statement objectively show that the content is obsolete? He even contradicted himself by actually mentionig a use for the content.
85 Tauren Druid
Plenty of people like the challenge, but not everyone has the ability or maybe even desire to be in a guild capable of tackling it right from the get-go.

It's always been our intent to offer new raid tiers in Cataclysm that are difficult to provide challenge to the raiding guilds, and then gradually allow older content to self-nerf as people gear up through VP, and then eventual literal nerfs to the content. That's something we've been communicating for some time.

I have no objection to this philosophy but I was very surprised at how extreme your "literal" nerfs were. I would have thought that letting gear proliferation take care of things would have been sufficient - T11 normal mode is not terribly difficult when you are wearing full i359, and some of the fights are downright easy.
85 Goblin Rogue
I've noticed that those who don't favor the incoming changes are also the ones who throw around words like bad's and casuals and who are also much more aggressive and nasty in their posts.

I find it curious how the standard argument boils down to: The bads want it, they don't want to spend time and they just want to play for 20 minutes and this harms me, but they can't say how nerfing normals harms them in a meaningful way, only it does because somehow they may have to spend time with them in a heroic, which you think they would appreciate a bad who's geared so he contributes a bit more before his inevitable death, instead of a poorly geared one who provides nothing at all.

By the way, almost every nerf is met with the same vitriolic responses by the against crowd, and Blizzard has yet to change their mind because Blizzard has the actual statistics and actual information at hand to make good decisions that benefit the community as a whole and not just a very loud very nasty few.

There are few who have posted saying they want the current content to still be a challenge to their new toons and I will say this to them: Don't wear the better gear you earn, go in and do the content in only heroic level gear if it matters.

You don't know how to run a business then, if it were to "benefit the community" you'd still playing with the BC/Vanilla raiding concepts that really made the game as famous as it is now.
85 Tauren Warrior
05/25/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Evirus
I mean...You guys don't really think that this game was a failure before Wrath do you?

Here's the thing guy. Cata is the nostalgia of the 'golden' days of tough computer and on-line video games. That age is over, and ended with the advent of Facebook apps, as this was the most prolific extension into the pop culture market.

WoW, for many, is considered a glorified social networking program with other activities available. Wrath expanded the available activities for those players, Cata took some of those away. And, in some cases, made the old ones they had available before; boring, tedious, and just not fun.

The door's been opened, the days of BC and Classic gear gaps and hardcore playing are coming to a close. But I hear Vanguard still has it's servers up.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/25/ol-grumpys-guide-to-outdated-content-and-you/#comments

Dear people in this thread, please read.
100 Human Mage

You don't know how to run a business then, if it were to "benefit the community" you'd still playing with the BC/Vanilla raiding concepts that really made the game as famous as it is now.

And the vitriolic responses continue. Blanket statements of how others are bad and you are not. Sorry, but i'll take Blizzards word this is a benefit to the community over yours, specially since they are not going around being aggressive and nasty to people.
85 Human Mage
Blizzard Does not care about the consumers dude... they countless prove this...through not fixing there game...
90 Goblin Shaman
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

The sheer amount of logic here is overwhelming.
85 Tauren Warrior
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

We all knew this would happen sooner or later.
85 Human Paladin
It amazes me that peeps complain about Blizzard making the raid content easier while they use add-ons to make it easier... hmm
100 Human Mage
I can answer that quite easily....

It turns the game into being something other than what it was meant to be. If it was meant to be available to everyone then it would have been right from the beginning.

Hmm...

I don't understand how being available for everyone once it's no longer current content though goes against the idea of hard current content that only the "superior" players can manage. I also think that heroics should be the "unavailable content" otherwise why have them? Wasn't that the intention behind them?

Seems to me people who are against this are only against this out of some sort of misplaced sense of pride or somehow feel it harms the accomplishments they have already managed. I suggest you take pride in what you've done and not actually worry about what others have or will do 6 or months after you. Otherwise you'll always find things unfair/wrong/bad.

You asked for a valid reason...I just gave you one.

No, you gave me a valid opinion, which I don't agree with and state why.
Edited by Fairadey on 5/25/2011 5:19 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
It amazes me that peeps complain about Blizzard making the raid content easier while they use add-ons to make it easier... hmm

It amazes me that people beg Blizzard to treat them like special needs students that can't drink their juice without stabbing themselves in the eye.

It amazes me the amount of vitriol you show in one statement. Sorry, but you're another person who no longer can claim any sort of moral or high ground when you fall to this level of communication. It also invalidates most anything you say because it's obvious your "reasoning" comes not from a fair and reasonable place but one where you've already judged most people to be less then you, a very biased and poor place to pretend to give reasoned opinions and arguments from.
Edited by Fairadey on 5/25/2011 5:22 PM PDT
94 Undead Warlock
If you were meant to be an adult you would have been right from the beginning.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]