I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

90 Human Mage
05/25/2011 06:15 PMPosted by Samanosuke
I'm one of the biggest anti-nerd advocates, and I don't have any problems with making old content easier. Key word is old.

I wonder if Fariadey would have something to say about this.

I would ask them what they consider old and why what they consider old should be the correct definition for Blizzard.

I mean after all, what isn't new is old, isn't it?
85 Goblin Rogue
05/25/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Fairadey

I wonder if Fariadey would have something to say about this.

I would ask them what they consider old and why what they consider old should be the correct definition for Blizzard.

I mean after all, what isn't new is old, isn't it?

I meant the underlying insult, I don't think he uses nerd as a term of endearment :D
85 Human Priest
It was a typo. I meant nerf. Keys are right next to each other and all.
85 Draenei Paladin
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

And then the bads will whine for Blizzard to nerf the Firelands because it's "too hard."

Why is the Firelands too hard for them? Because Blizzard nerfed the previous raiding tier to the point where it was an easy faceroll that taught them NOTHING!!
Either that, or they just farmed the T11 through the 5-man heroics that are, and will be once again, nerfed to the point of being facerolls that taught them NOTHING!!

If the bar is lowered every time someone fails to get over it then all progression is lost, and we are left with a playerbase that can't do anything without their hands being held and a pacifier in their mouths.

Why do you care what people are "learning"? This isn't work or school or a responsibility - it is a hobby/game. I am pretty certain Blizzard's intent is for people to have fun, not to feel like they've somehow educated the public..
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why do you care what people are "learning"? This isn't work or school or a responsibility - it is a hobby/game. I am pretty certain Blizzard's intent is for people to have fun, not to feel like they've somehow educated the public..

..........I FEEL THE STUPIDITY OVERTAKING ME, IT IS A GOOD PAIN.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Subscribers dictate where the game goes. They started speaking when leaving in droves at the beginning of Cataclysm. Anyone who loves playing this game should welcome this change as recognition by Blizzard that the Cataclysm raiding model isn't the right model. There are only so many groups of 600,000 players that can be lost before the game becomes unprofitable and dies.
85 Night Elf Priest
There is no shortage of ridiculously difficult content. Until one has cleared at least once all the cata raids, whining about nerfs seems silly.
85 Draenei Paladin

I'd care because it's an MMO and these may be my potential playmates. I like basketball team or a police team I'd want the people I work with to probably be at least decent enough to shoot hoops or bust a cap. I dunno what type of people you like to play games/sports with but I'd prefer my player-base to not be bottom-feeders.

Except they wouldn't be your playmates, because you would want completely different things out of the game. If you've cleared T11, then you'll be busy having fun in T12 when this comes in to effect, while the "scrubs" will be enjoying T11. Everybody wins.
90 Human Paladin
05/25/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Samanosuke
I'd care because it's an MMO and these may be my potential playmates. I like basketball team or a police team I'd want the people I work with to probably be at least decent enough to shoot hoops or bust a cap. I dunno what type of people you like to play games/sports with but I'd prefer my player-base to not be bottom-feeders.

These people are raiding a full tier below you, and if they're going to be potential playmates, you should be doing your due diligence with recruitment in the first place. If they're of any decent raid material, they're going to be teachable regardless of what they've raided.
85 Goblin Rogue

Except they wouldn't be your playmates, because you would want completely different things out of the game. If you've cleared T11, then you'll be busy having fun in T12 when this comes in to effect, while the "scrubs" will be enjoying T11. Everybody wins.

I like to give people the benefit of saying that maybe they aren't bad and that time does not permit them to play currently, and maybe when 4.2 rolls around they'll be doing great. Everybody deserves at least a chance, I may have cleared T11 but that doesn't mean that there are some unpolished gems out there :D

That's why I differentiate between someone being bad. People who are bad by my definition are the people who are being held back in content. It's those who do not care to improve.

I want what everybody wants. Gear, and the ability to see content and enjoy the game. If someone plays this for reasons other than this, then I'd find them pretty weird for playing a game outside of enjoyment :D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]