I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

90 Troll Warrior
05/24/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Saelassa
Obsolete content is obsolete.

Eh, something being 1 tier behind isn't exactly obsolete. It still serves as a valid stepping stone for gearing up and even getting newer players used to raid mechanics. I think they can give people some help in gearing up faster, but 20% across the board nerfs is going a bit far. When you can ignore mechanics by using the "kill it before anything bad happens" method important lessons don't end up being learned.
85 Goblin Rogue
I seriously wish you people would stop using "elitist" in such a wrong context. Elitism has nothing to do with this.

...and what do you mean by "you people"?

My context for elitism is perfectly correct. T11 raider doesn't want T11 content nerfed so other people can down it.

No, your context is horridly wrong. T11 raider acknowledges that T11 will be easier/faster to obtain and does not see why content should be nerfed further when the ability to GET that gear becomes much faster/easier to obtain.

Put it this way: 3/5 pieces of Tier 11 is already easy to obtain, 2 out of that 3 that gives the added benefit of not requiring you to do any intense farming of Valor Points. If it was about "players not getting gear" he'd be arguing the fact of why they're being diminished to Justice Points, not nerfing the content. Thus, again your context is wrong.

An example of Elitism would be me saying "I don't want you in Firelands until you at least attempt Heroic Nefarian, leave Firelands to us pros, BLIZZARD DON'T ALLOW THEM CASUALS INTO FIRELANDS!".

I mean "you people" who shout ELITIST the second someone writes an opposing statement, as if they're invoking that they belong to some group of elite pros that clears stuff the week it comes out. Asking that a challenge remains a challenge isn't elitism, it's simply keeping the challenge essentially that: a challenge.

While we're at it, let's point out the elephant in the room and let it be known that in fact players probably such as yourself aren't in it for viewing the content (Blizzard's intended purpose), you're in it for the "purples" so you can stand next to someone and either claim superiority or think you're hot stuff when you're wearing gear like those guys who did it pre-nerf. You (you in the context of people who make claims like this, which may or may not include you) are an ironic example of the meaning of "elitism" in this game.
Edited by Samanosuke on 5/24/2011 3:07 PM PDT
85 Human Mage
05/24/2011 03:00 PMPosted by Samanosuke
I mean "you people" who shout ELITIST the second someone writes an opposing statement, as if they're invoking that they belong to some group of elite pros that clears stuff the week it comes out. Asking that a challenge remains a challenge isn't elitism, it's simply keeping the challenge essentially that: a challenge.

once you beat it though, is it really that much of a challenge for you after that?
100 Gnome Death Knight
It's the attitudes of people like those in this thread that kept MMOs a punishing, unfun niche subculture for nearly a decade.

It's the attitudes of people like those in this thread that make me turn off Trade chat.

It's the attitudes of people like those in this thread that drove several of my closest in-game friends to quit.

It's the attitudes of people like those in this thread that find me playing "Portal 2" and reading a lot more these days.

It won't ever change. SW:TOR won't make it better, nor will any other game. These games are designed around accentuating status differences and encouraging players to do the same. It's like if you got a title for smoking the most crack. You wouldn't want to see that casubad amateur crack *!%#! get the title either.
2 Orc Warlock
[quote="25803465114]Maybe try playing a class that takes more than one button to win? Might increase the difficulty for you and enhance your experience.[/quote].

I love you.
2 Orc Warlock
Don't care what they do to old content.

Maybe try playing a class that takes more than one button to win?

God it pisses me off when people flame Arcane when they don't even understand it.

Arcane is one button. I have an 85 mage and lock both.
85 Goblin Warlock
Dear mr bashiok,
Make an "easy" mode and nerf it as much as you please, but keep the normal and heroics the way they were. You see, instead of going from 10 to 100, you could very easily stop by 45 before going 100.
Edited by Ununseptium on 5/24/2011 3:09 PM PDT
92 Dwarf Shaman
I really am disappointed in your choice to nerf raid content. While I understand (sort of), the reason why, I think that we're going to run into the same problem where people will say that T11 is too hard, because they will have steamrolled through current content.

Look, it's not that I don't want players who want an easier experience to experience the raid content. It's just that difficulty of raid content is part of the experience. I understand that you want to cater to a lot of people, Blizzard...

But have some integrity. You could have increased the quality of life of the actual game by leaving the difficulty as is. It leaves people with things to do.

I'm not going to say that 'you've caved into the QQ' because that's derogatory and rude. But I will say that I'm sad and disappointed that you make it so easy for players, only for those players to turn around and complain about how difficult content is the next patch.

It makes me sad to see the type of community that we're in. What happened to liking the challenge in something?

The challenge can still be there.... did you ever stop to think you could set limits to your groups or make the encounter more challenging yourself? NOpe you are the typical elitist... your lazy and can't do it yourself... you expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter.

My way frees up dev's time to come up with more content.. your way basically says.. the dev's are you slaves and only your 15 dollars a month matters.
85 Goblin Rogue

once you beat it though, is it really that much of a challenge for you after that?

Not necessarily. However we had to get to that point of beating it, and that in itself is the challenge. The point of learning a fight or bettering yourself in anything though if you continously require handicaps, however, is the real question.

It's like asking for a basketball hoop to be made more wide so you can have a better chance a making a 3-point shot, it doesn't really make you good, it justs trivializes the game. Sure, after you've made a couple of shots and won a couple of games it's not so hard to play the game, but then where's the fun in it when the game gets handicapped so underskilled (I use this term lightly, because I know someone's going to shout "ELITIST!!!one1"at it) can have fun too?

In the basic essence, this is a game of competition: everybody wants shiny purples so they can stand in the middle of Orgrimmar/Stormwind and claim a false sense of superiority over the next. I'd say many of the players were in it for seeing the content if that were the case, but then who'd ever run an instance more than once if this was the case?
Edited by Samanosuke on 5/24/2011 3:15 PM PDT
17 Draenei Shaman
05/24/2011 01:51 PMPosted by Deathripper
Unfortunately, this change did cause TotalBiscuit to unsubscribe.

The guy's reached the point of reviewing content he hasn't even tried. I'm not seeing this as a great loss.
85 Troll Druid
I couldn't help myself from finally logging into the forum to post a reply to all these ignorant comments that are against the content being scaled down.

I have to say, when my server's almost dead during prime time when it was BURSTING with players in BC and Wrath, SOMETHING IS WRONG. Get it through your thick stupid skulls. Pugs happened for T4-T6 content on my server, yes, on an RP realm. Same for Wrath content.

There are absolutely ZERO PUGS for ANYTHING aside from BH now and even THAT isn't that frequent.

It's destroyed a lot of things for people who cannot balance their schedule for a SET raiding one. The whole point of the flexible raid lockout was so that you could pick up where you left off with another group so long as they where at or ahead of where you left off...

All you self entitled kiddies who 'enjoy the challenge' can go enjoy it someplace else. It's about time Blizzard actually realizes that the player base MAJORITY is unhappy. Soo sick of having guilds that where active for the past 4-6 years just end up empty, barren and dead over this 'current content' if that's what you like to call it. I'm sick of having people ragequit in raids because people aren't 'amazing' and the encounters are so finicky that if you farted wrong, you'd blow up the raid and wipe.

Maybe we should try things backwards, put all the accessable stuff first, and then near the end of the year give the hardcore kiddies their 'hard' difficulty raids, because honestly, doing it the way it's currently done is only inflating their ego and the sense of self entitlement is just becoming nasty, vulgar and truly vicious. It seems THEY... have forgotten that this is JUST A GAME and THAT is what destroys the true spirit of what WoW is.

WoW is the ONLY mmo that I know of that had been as accessable to the WHOLE of the playerbase for th emost part, and then had it all taken away with this latest expansion. I been playing since Classic and I have to say I'm really unhappy with the current expansion, it has a great theme and story but that's about it.

PvP is one of the most broken things, we're back to classic days of rogues one shotting clothies and only difference is this time they've included plate victims to their list. I'm sorry but max level is not the only group that matters, their shadow step/ambush combo NEEDS to be neutered big time.

Honestly, I could sit here and explain why I feel the way I do, but all it does is feed the preemie pubescent brats who find some sick joy in 'trolling' which I thought was a bannable offense from the forum via moderators... You can count on me reporting any senseless troll, yessir, you can count on it.
85 Night Elf Druid
While we're at it, let's point out the elephant in the room and let it be known that in fact players probably such as yourself aren't in it for viewing the content (Blizzard's intended purpose), you're in it for the "purples" so you can stand next to someone and either claim superiority or think you're hot stuff when you're wearing gear like those guys who did it pre-nerf. You (you in the context of people who make claims like this, which may or may not include you) are an ironic example of the meaning of "elitism" in this game.

Nnnnnuuuuuupe.

At least I don't see any indication is the case. Personal progression is fun. It's the reason why most people play games of this nature. It's also why there's a Tank/Healer shortage in Heroics. People want to see bigger numbers. Better gear gives them this feeling. Makes them feel more powerful.

That's why people want a bit of easier progression. It's not to feel "superior" to other people (might be a bit of projection there?), it's simply to keep the gear progression flowing for a larger part of the .subscription base. Nothing more, nothing less.

FWIW I do think the nerfs probably go a BIT too far. The mechanical nerfs are fine. But I feel the damage/health nerfs are too much, considering the easier access to gear coming in 4.2.

But not for a second do I think will it make people feel "superior" to people who've already done it. That's insane.
85 Night Elf Druid
It has not "always" been you philosophy to allow old raids to "self nerf". That was brand new in Wrath. Forced obsolescence only makes the game more limited as it allows for only one real raid at any given time.

Generally speaking that's the nature of the game anyway, even back in BC. It was next to impossible to keep a guild together leveling through the tiers, once you were outside of the leading edge.

Tried it your way. Didn't work.

What would I like to see? A mild mechanical nerf, reduce VP rewards from T11 raids, and MOST importantly, change them from a 7-day lockout to a 3/4 day lockout.
100 Blood Elf Mage
Maloriak

Health, damage, Aberation health/damage, Arcane Storm damage, Prime Subject damage, Flash Freeze/Shatter damage, and Scorching Blast damage has all been decreased by 20%.

Please do not nerf his HP. This fight is so god dam boring as it is, that you are forced to just sit there so you dont push him into P2 early. With a reduction to HP this just makes that wait even longer.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]