buyers remorse

85 Orc Death Knight
Exceptions on consoles (Good games):
All N64 games.

Let's not get hasty here
Edited by Jawsus on 5/29/2011 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Civil War. It was boring, early PlayStation 1 Graphics (and this is a PlayStation 2 game) and had no multiplayer.
Reply Quote
59 Human Death Knight
FFX-2, Hellgate: London.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition and Aion, bought both only played them for a few months ):
Reply Quote
23 Worgen Rogue
Recently Spore (thank god it was on sale for 7 bucks), Assassin's Creed II (don't ever buy this for PC, get it for PS3 or Xbox360 instead, the PC version is crap) and Portal 2, not because it was bad (it was an amazing game) but because it wasn't very long and it was 50 bucks.

Luckily I didn't get Pokemon Black/White. I figured it would disappoint me after SoulSilver / HeartGold, which were totally epic.
Edited by Surprisehugs on 5/29/2011 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Empire: Total War, Aion.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nearly every expensive game I ever get anymore, not so much that they dissapoint me but that I just cant get into them for some reason. Then there are the under 20$ games that Ive played for dozens of hours. Terraria and sanctum for example are the most recent. For the most part Ive just stopped buying expensive games because they feel like more of the same, fresh ideas come from these cheap games. For specific examples of recent games that I thought would be the !!!# and ended up being !!!#, empire total war and medieval 2 total wShogun total war 2 (Rome was the best in the series!), pokemon white, and Rift. Rift is a special case though, its not bad its just I have WoW, which is better. No point in playing two of the same game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Black Ops for the xbox. I should've gotten it for the PC. I only got it because all my friends have it on the xbox.

Other than that I got an 8GB iPod touch (as we all know, this is just a 2nd gen) 7 months before the 4G comes out. I wasn't happy. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Final Fantasy 13, The Force Unleashed 2, Dragon Age 2 (OMG so so terrible) and Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
51 Troll Warlock
I don't think I've ever regretted a purchase more than when I got Dragon Age 2.

The combat and tbh the fact that your char has a voice just ruined it for me, they turned it into a hack and slash which made me lose severe faith in BioWare.

Shame on them.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
KoR
I'm a huge fan of city building games, and i bought Cites XL from comics connection. I thought its a improved game from Simcity 4 deluxe with better graphics, game play and such. Oh god, i totally regret buying that piece of crap.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
EQ2
Alex Kid ( original Sega platform)
LotRO
Rift ( only cause a couple weeks later they popped out a free trial)
Act Raiser 2 ( First was freaking awesome)

FF Online ( the original, but at least it was fairly cheap by the time CoP was done)

As bad as SWG is now, and as much as some people dislike it, I loved it right up until the CU. After that it was like trying to enjoy drinking battery acid.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I didn't buy it (it was a gift), but SW:Force Unleashed was incredibly disappointing.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
05/30/2011 11:17 AMPosted by Jelene
I'm a huge fan of city building games, and i bought Cites XL from comics connection. I thought its a improved game from Simcity 4 deluxe with better graphics, game play and such. Oh god, i totally regret buying that piece of crap.

i agree, Cities XL was a disappointment.
Reply Quote
53 Human Warrior
The last one I can remember buying then barely playing was the Wii Goldeneye remake (I hated the controls. Granted, that may have been because I used a gamecube controller instead of the Wiimote, and it may deserve a second chance).

I take it you never played the original on the N64, man it was sooo cash. Atleast...at the time.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I'd say Spore if I hadn't purchased it to pan it in a review. But seriously, the wonder of evolution at Maxis' fingertips, and instead players were invited to dance with primordial Muppets and shake maracas — what a thoroughly squandered opportunity. Dragon Age would be another, but again, I got catharsis in a review.

I have to go all the way back to Knight Games to relive one of childhood's disenchantments. The cover art led me to expectations of chevaliers getting brained (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/knight-games/cover-art/gameCoverId,206328/), and the game delivered nothing like it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]