Hotfix: Battleground Multi-Queuing

Blizzard Employee
We recently implemented a hotfix that removes the ability for players to retain a second Battleground queue when one pops. Previously, players were able to queue for two Battlegrounds, have one queue pop and retain their second queue while they decided if they wanted to join the one that was ready. This is no longer the case. When a Battleground queue pops you will automatically be removed from the other active queue. To queue for a different Battleground it will be necessary to queue again.
Reply Quote
Unfortunate, but I can live with it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Ok
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I liked it the way it was. But what can you do. Guess I have to live with it.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Maybe this means you will consider using the same restrictions and allow us to queue for dungeons and the raid browser at the same time as battlegrounds?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/24/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Lorinall
Maybe this means you will consider using the same restrictions and allow us to queue for dungeons and the raid browser at the same time as battlegrounds?

Makes too much sense.

Another change that no one asked for.
Reply Quote
53 Undead Priest
I am good with it, I was a lil mad that I would get a que get into the bg and have the second pop up while running for the flag . So I am actually slightly glad this happend.
---FOR THE HORDE!
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
I am good with it, I was a lil mad that I would get a que get into the bg and have the second pop up while running for the flag . So I am actually slightly glad this happend.
---FOR THE HORDE!

I was more bothered by significant portions of my team disappearing because a different queue popped. Although now that I think of it, situations such as that were the main source of "Win X battleground in under Y minutes" (Alterac Blitz) achievements, as well as Resilient Victory (Overcome a 500 resource disadvantage in a match of Arathi Basin and claim victory.)

This may make those achievements harder, but it's still probably for the best.

===
Oh hey, did you guys at Blizzard consider letting us stay in a second queue, but preventing us from accepting the queue should it pop while in a different battleground? Say I'm queued for WSG and AV, WSG pops, but the AV queue time is so long that I manage to play an entire WSG game without AV popping. I shouldn't be penalized by being removed from the AV queue, in this situation, right? But if AV pops while I'm in WSG, only then does it remove me from the queue. I think that's a better situation, but probably not hotfixable.
Edited by Lorinall on 5/24/2011 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would like this change if you removed Isle of Conquest!! lol.. should have been designed like this from the getgo. I don't want everyone leaving when we get down 1-0 in wsg. I can only see exploiting it when you don't get the BG you want, rather than if you start out losing.

But.. good change, as it was unintentional to let it happen. So really.. good fix :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
05/24/2011 11:39 AMPosted by Bashiok
We recently implemented a hotfix that removes the ability for players to retain a second Battleground queue when one pops. Previously, players were able to queue for two Battlegrounds, have one queue pop and retain their second queue while they decided if they wanted to join the one that was ready. This is no longer the case. When a Battleground queue pops you will automatically be removed from the other active queue. To queue for a different Battleground it will be necessary to queue again.

Any word on when the queue bug will get squashed? I think the Horde are getting a little restless.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
05/24/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Lorinall

Yes please for the love of all things good in the universe, make this happen. Nothing more annoying than having to pick between queueing for bg's or randoms.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pooh. Oh well, I'd rather things be functional.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I was wondering why this was happening on my alt guess I know now :)

Overall this is probably a good thing I mean if you are quing for 2 bgs specificly shouldn't you be happy if either pops up lol.
Reply Quote
4 Troll Hunter
Good plan, I like it.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warlock
05/24/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Esredarksun
I think the Horde are getting a little restless.
So? The ruined it for themselves by overpopulating their faction. It's their own fault they are having this problem, not Blizzard's.

But I guess you also think it's Blizzard's problem that DPS have long queues. It's the same deal in that situation. Don't talk about one without the other.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
This is a dumb change. I liked it before when we could queue for AB and AV at the same time. Enter AB and then leave when your AV queue popped.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
05/24/2011 11:39 AMPosted by Bashiok

When do we get a comment about the DK and Shaman nerfs that were hotfixed the other day?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/24/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Gulnak
When do we get a comment about the DK and Shaman nerfs that were hotfixed the other day?

How is that related to this topic?
Reply Quote
I wish they could hotfix the queues that never pop at all. Or the queues that pop and then disappear so you can't click Join. Or allow us to queue for battlegrounds and dungeons. Or the million other, more important problems with battleground queues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]