Ask The Devs #9 Coming Today at Noon, PDT.

(Locked)

Community Manager
Get ready to post questions (and vote for your favorite questions) for the WoW developers in a new thread starting today at noon.

The subject will be: Tanking.

See you then!
Do you mean the dungeon role or when you dress up like WW2 tanks and run around scaring villagers?
85 Worgen Druid
05/25/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Snooptrogg
when you dress up like WW2 tanks and run around scaring villagers?

I approve of this form of tanking
05/25/2011 10:22 AMPosted by Warlane
when you dress up like WW2 tanks and run around scaring villagers?

I approve of this form of tanking

I have no threat problems when i tank like that. People yell them out to me all the time.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Do you mean the dungeon role or when you dress up like WW2 tanks and run around scaring villagers?

I think they mean intentionally losing arenas and rated BG and tanking your rating.
85 Undead Mage
Tanking? what questions could there be for that..
According to google this could also be about the wet rendering of animal byproducts into useful materials.
85 Undead Warrior
05/25/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Minimalistix
Tanking? what questions could there be for that..

I was thinking the same thing... Prepare for 100 questions on:

Why aren't DK tanks viable in hard mode raiding and When will Prot warriors be viable in Arena/PvP
90 Night Elf Druid
There's a difference?
90 Gnome Warlock
05/25/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Solveig
Could you do me a favor and when you have one of the Story Devs getting coffee for you, can you ask when they'll get around to our CDev since like February?

Story? What's that? I thought we were supposed to make it up as we go along now.
85 Tauren Druid
One of the ... irritations I find as a bear tank is that when I use frenzied regeneration or survival instincts, I tend to become rage starved, obviously for different reasons. Is this an issue that you're looking at with bear tanking, or is this the intended result of using these?
85 Orc Shaman
I would've rather seen them go DPS > Healing > Tanking if they had to pick an order.
60 Night Elf Druid
Get ready to post questions (and vote for your favorite questions) for the WoW developers in a new thread starting today at noon.

The subject will be: Tanking.

See you then!

Probably should have mentioned a timezone in your post. Unless you're just being tricky so you have something to say when this thread gets bumped up to the first page at 6PM with people asking where the thread is. ;-)
90 Night Elf Druid
05/25/2011 10:55 AMPosted by Lorinall
Probably should have mentioned a timezone in your post.

See thread topic. PDT ^_^
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/25/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Solveig
Could you do me a favor and when you have one of the Story Devs getting coffee for you, can you ask when they'll get around to our CDev since like February?
This could be interesting.
90 Night Elf Druid
was woundring if you can bring back tree form for the driud and why you took it out i loved walking around in that thing was so awsome
85 Human Mage
There's not much to be said for tanking. You grab stuff, hold threat and survive the punches. The only thing I can think of is early in the process of leveling my paladin tank I found it a bit of a chore to manage group/aoe tanking as I constantly had to tab target and lay down a crusader strike one-by-one; this, of course, was remedied as soon as consecration came into play. I'm not to sure of the other tanks, but is there anything in the works for the extreme low level tanking (introduction to the role) to assist them with group aggro?

As a player who has played the game for some time I did not find this excessively hard, my concern is to new players who might find the role a bit tedious and possibly drop it for a different role - thus reducing the number of tanks.

Again, its not a too big of a deal, just a minor grudge.
90 Human Paladin

Hilarious.
I just have this mental picture of a bunch of people running around in big cardboard tanks someplace in rural Europe, making gun noises.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]