Ask The Devs #9 Coming Today at Noon, PDT.

(Locked)

60 Night Elf Druid
05/25/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Aluri
Probably should have mentioned a timezone in your post.

See thread topic. PDT ^_^

pffft who reads topics?

this thread is a discussion about the dance studio, right?
60 Night Elf Druid
05/25/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Heka
was woundring if you can bring back tree form for the driud and why you took it out i loved walking around in that thing was so awsome

prepare for 10 pages of questions like that
100 Night Elf Rogue
05/25/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Sonoluma
I would've rather seen them go DPS > Healing > Tanking if they had to pick an order.

Tanking is bound to be a more interesting topic than DPSing. I would say put healing first, but they're probably going to get a lot of "healing is hard!" posts that they hope to avoid by having a good example up there.
85 Undead Warrior
05/25/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Azreluna
I would've rather seen them go DPS > Healing > Tanking if they had to pick an order.

Tanking is bound to be a more interesting topic than DPSing. I would say put healing first, but they're probably going to get a lot of "healing is hard!" posts that they hope to avoid by having a good example up there.

I think the Devs are going to ask for Role Questions based on thier likelyhood of devolving into Massive PvP QQ threads, they wanted to start with the lowest first so they are going to go Tank<Healer<DPS
85 Human Priest
I have a serious question about tanking.
What do the developers see as the ideal tank in regards to behavior? Do you see them as people who know the dungeon and can guide others through it like a troop leader? Or do you see them simply as mindless killing machines?

90 Human Warrior
05/25/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Zapwidget
Tanking? what questions could there be for that..
Don't tank much, do you? Unlike DPSing, where the most common question asked is "Why shouldn't I stand in fire?" Tanking is actually a ripe and hopefully, unlike many of the previous "Ask a Dev" segments, fruitful topic for discussion.
I'm new to tanking. I've played mostly healers since my day 1, which was 12/05/2005.

Hmmmm - maybe my question would be along the lines of what else can I do to keep aggro - I usually charge/stomp/cleave - when mobs are peeled off me by BoA clad alts.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/25/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Maccoinnick
Don't tank much, do you? Unlike DPSing, where the most common question asked is "Why shouldn't I stand in fire?" Tanking is actually a ripe and hopefully, unlike many of the previous "Ask a Dev" segments, fruitful topic for discussion.
I'm new to tanking. I've played mostly healers since my day 1, which was 12/05/2005.

Hmmmm - maybe my question would be along the lines of what else can I do to keep aggro - I usually charge/stomp/cleave - when mobs are peeled off me by BoA clad alts.

There's an entire section of the wow forums to help you if you're interested.

Class Roles -> Tanking

And to answer I think the start of your rotation should include rend/tclap to spread it around, with the correct talent.
90 Tauren Paladin
When will we be able to do guild server transfers? ahem and also tanking.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
^^This
100 Night Elf Rogue
It's noon! Where the thread be?
100 Tauren Druid
Noon, post?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its up in the tanking forums

J/K
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wait....that would actually make sense

Can't have that, lol
90 Human Warrior
05/25/2011 11:54 AMPosted by Relesa
And to answer I think the start of your rotation should include rend/tclap to spread it around, with the correct talent.
Check... check... and check. I'm thinking tanks are really not needed for a lot of sub lvl 70 content.

I'll look in on the session and take some notes ... I'm not in a hurry to level this alt and have capped his XP until I've done all the dungeons available to him. Practice, as it were.
85 Draenei Shaman
Didn't this happen with the last Ask The Devs? Posted it would be up at 1 pm PDT, posted at 6 something pm PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]