Mild, Medium, Spicy, Hot.

85 Human Warrior
05/24/2011 05:53 PMPosted by Bashiok
And does that mean that if it's supposed to be a stair step that we're still going to be encouraged to do the old "Stairs" beyond if we're helping with the legendary chain?

If you've completed Blackwing Descent/Bastion of Twilight then you should focus on Firelands (you're ready to step up), but if you haven't yet seen most or any of BWD/BoT we want to make sure you're able to as soon as 4.2 comes out - not spend weeks running dungeons and grabbing the new gear before you can start progressing.

The content has been out quite a while, there's no reason to make people wait and spend even more time running dungeons to grab the new gear before they can start on raid content they haven't seen yet.

So to be more direct: Will Bot/BWD still be dropping Valor Points?
Reply Quote
And tonight my guild is sad about the combination of drakes on the first boss in BoT. I very much look forward to the easier content.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/24/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Lamp
So to be more direct: Will Bot/BWD still be dropping Valor Points?

Normals will drop JP, Heroics will drop Valor.

Of course, keep in mind, the nerfs that were announced only apply to Normal.
Reply Quote
05/24/2011 06:01 PMPosted by Bashiok
Of course, keep in mind, the nerfs that were announced only apply to Normal.

Now those are nerfs I can get behind!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You know the funny thing?

Restaurants will gladly remove the spice from a dish if it means the customer buys it and is happy with the product. So, your analogy works both ways.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Like I posted in another thread,

Man I love my new lego set, but it's not fair if mom lets my kid sibling play with my old duplos I don't' even want anymore. **tantrum**

That's what people who are complaining about the nerf to regular mode 4.0 content sound like.
Reply Quote
I think the biggest issue now is that Cataclysm didn't launch with an intro raid tier. We're now following through with the stair-step method of having one hard raid and one intro raid, but it took a while to see the plan through -- which is obviously a bit jarring. So now we have a new tier, VP converts to JP, the old tier gets stepped down and the new hotness is going to be that difficult climb.

I think if we had the intro tier/hard tier available (as we will in 4.2) when the expansion first launched it would feel more natural now to see that stair step just moving forward. With the current setup it seems like we're the bad guys going in and messing with your stuff, and that view is somewhat based on not really including the new harder tier in the equation since it's not available yet. It's just not going to be an issue when the new content is available, but for now it's something to make observations and personal declarations about.

Proof that Blizzard loves Mages:

Blizzard: In order to get the new caster legendary, you will need to have completed all of the previous tier of raiding content.

Random Mage: But we are still wiping on halfus!!!

Blizzard: /nerf /nerf /nerf /nerf /nerf There you go fella!

Random Mage: Thanks buddy!
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
05/24/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Bashiok
I think if we had the intro tier/hard tier available (as we will in 4.2) when the expansion first launched it would feel more natural now to see that stair step just moving forward.

Yeah, that would have been awesome. People would have progressed through heroics, then into T11, and then into T12 at their own pace, and things would have probably been pretty gravy. Everyone would have had content for them, without WoW turning into a "grind for points" game. Imagine how much better received Cataclysm would have been.

There's a significant contrast between the above scenario and what actually happened/is happening now. Yes, it matters that many already spent months doing a handful of wildly balanced heroic dungeons, that some already spent months progressing through T11. It matters that the nerfs to T11 and the release of T12 are happening in the context of heroic spam becoming the anchor for character progression again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
could I do firelands in my current gear? I'v only done magmaw and the first bot boss, but I feel like im already all set to do heroic t11 raids as is (as in gear wise, not knowing how to do the fights wise).

I'v literally bought, grinded, and bartered my way to this point, would I qualify?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
05/24/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Bashiok
With the current setup it seems like we're the bad guys going in and messing with your stuff, and that view is somewhat based on not really including the new harder tier in the equation since it's not available yet.

You mean the tier with only 7 bosses? The one with the encounter journal that everyone thinks gives too much information and will trivialize learning the fights? That tier?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
OP has a valid point.

Current content will be old content, and imo normal modes are a joke anyway. Honestly I'm glad they're nerfing T11 when T12 comes out, the only way I could be happier is if it was being stated by blue posters that T12 is tuned around you having at least full 359's. I'm all for the previous tier being the accessible, pug friendly tier instead of the current tier.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

Man I love my new lego set, but it's not fair if mom lets my kid sibling play with my old duplos I don't' even want anymore. **tantrum**

That's what people who are complaining about the nerf to regular mode 4.0 content sound like.

Some of them. Others seem to genuinely want to complete the current content before they feel it will be trivialized, ruining it for them.

No way to know if that's merely for dramatic effect or not, though.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Paladin
Why do hardmodes exist anymore if the new direction is to have a raid come out hard then be nerfed down when the next tier comes out? The whole point of implementing hardmodes was to give bad players and good players challenges fit for them, if you have to nerf the normal mode so bad players can see the instance haven't you failed to balance the instance in the first place? if you're not going to let bad players see the content before the next tier comes out why not just make the instance have one hard difficulty and release more bosses or more instances?
Reply Quote
05/24/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Hallowman
actually i never once said casual = bad.

Here...let me show you...

05/24/2011 03:43 PMPosted by Hallowman
casuals cry that they cant have everything on the menu: "Please take the spice out of that dish!!!! It's toooooooooo HOT!!!!!!!"

This is what the bad players say not casuals. Casuals can see all the current content anyone else can.

Again, this chart is retarded.

Stop using it.

Sorry, if you are a bad player, stop calling yourself "casual" so you do not have to look in the mirror. Casual v Hardcore just means the time you devote to the game. What you do with that time makes you good or bad.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]