Naz Haters are Missing the Point

90 Blood Elf Priest
There's been a recent upsurge in Naz-bashing, and even renewed calls for force-merging us with some other realm. I think all the haters, and probably Blizzard, too, are missing the whole point. As a long time friend/resident of Nazjatar, I'd characterize it as a small community which *likes* being a community, and doesn't particularly mind being small. Transferees who find themselves a place within the community seem to be happy here. Those who come expecting something else, or worse yet those who try to "show us how it's done," will be sadly disappointed. (And for what it's worth, I'm fairly certain that crushing this community by force merging us with another realm, or overwhelming us with sheer numbers of new imports, will cost Blizzard far more customers than it saves/gains.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
05/27/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Imbank
no you're wrong

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I disagree with you on this. I am a long time resident of Nazjatar and it has become quite desolate, especially so on the Alliance faction. Even at prime server times there is little activity and finding anyone of raiding caliber for PUG raiding is next to impossible. I used to be able to log in any night of the week and find my way into a group, but now I can’t even remember last time I saw a group looking for more for anything other than a trash run (/puke) or BH. There are lots of reasons why there are less people and less raiding, but I would welcome any kind of server consolidation / free transfers, that would breathe some life back to the game.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
As an original member of this realm, I disagree. The realm was much better at the beginning of BC. There's nothing enjoyable about a small community, with a smaller percentage of the community actually knowing how to properly play the game. A merger would be one of the greatest things that can be done to this realm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Everyone plays WoW for different reasons, I get that. Unless your reasoning to play this game lies solely on monopolizing the AH or using /trade as your personal chatroom, this server is ridiculous. I feel I speak for a majority of raiding guilds on the server when I say that finding COMPETENT players is the equivalent of finding a needle in a haystack.

It doesn't end there.... If someone wishes to find a competitive arena team, it's a headache. I believe Blizzard wanted their realms to have a balance of players to enjoy any and all aspects of the game. It's virtually impossible here. Transferring off this rock when guild transfers are available is a strong possibility. If they opened free transfers off or provided a merge to another server, I'd be the first one praising the move.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/27/2011 10:29 PMPosted by Venasha
I feel I speak for a majority of raiding guilds on the server when I say that finding COMPETENT players is the equivalent of finding a needle in a haystack.

So far it's only a few raiding guilds that have responded, and indeed you do seem to speak for all of them. The problem is, raiding guilds are only a tiny fraction of the guilds on this realm, and I'm not convinced they even constitute a majority of the actual players. (Although the way the guild perqs system has pumped up your numbers, that may be the case now.) I believe most of the people playing in Nazjatar are doing just that - playing. They're having fun, in the company of like minded people. Perhaps the reason they haven't responded is that they don't spend time in the forums - they'd rather be playing WoW. I know that was true of me until very recently when events convinced me something needed to be said.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
tl;dr
this was cool in bc, go away
Reply Quote
Not enough horde to kill!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
If raiding guilds are the only one's that are responding, perhaps that should show you that it is in fact the raiding guilds that care more for the realm than the ones that don't? A community is only a community for the one's that care. Had your theory been the case, don't you think they would be responding to this thread, or posting more on the forums? The forums are no secret.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
"If you chop at a tree enough, it'll go down."

Maybe blizz doesn't care about our server because of the lack in numbers, lack of activity, or the lack of forerunners in pvp and pve. Since that is the case, I'm sure they dont pay much attention to our server forums. That is why I propose we all take a couple seconds to post on other forums and bring attention to our cause. Also, to spread the word around our server and urge your guildies, friends, etc. to do the same. (granted this is okay in our Terms of Service agreement). If we consistently write on other forums and bring attention to us, then blizzard will eventually have to respond right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pretty sure naz has been dead since TBC, I don't think it will change any time soon lol. I was hopeful when we got the free transfers at the start of Cata, but I haven't seen much change. We hardly have any guilds on alliance side that have any progression looking at wowprogress, Horde is alittle better but yeah...Naz...lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/29/2011 11:43 AMPosted by Seantzor
If raiding guilds are the only one's that are responding, perhaps that should show you that it is in fact the raiding guilds that care more for the realm than the ones that don't? A community is only a community for the one's that care. Had your theory been the case, don't you think they would be responding to this thread, or posting more on the forums? The forums are no secret.

Actually, the people who make the effort to discuss a problem are the ones who perceive that a problem exists. Silence signifies consent. The fact that the majority of Nazjatar is silent thus suggests in fact that most residents of Nazjatar think there's nothing wrong with it. Nor am I complaining about Nazjatar: I'm complaining about a very few people, most of them leaders and officers of large raiding guilds, who do seem to think something is wrong with Nazjatar. If you feel that way, please find a new home more to your liking; don't tear down the existing one that most of us like just the way it is.
Reply Quote
As a Nazjatar OG and President of Nazjatar, I say that you should all practice arenas and raid awareness so pro pple who xfer here won't feel so superior and decide to leave after a month of playing with subpar pugs. Also, elitists on Naz should have more patience in helping the nub players get better instead of just calling them bad as this leads to the growing stigma that Nazjatar is filled with bad players.

Personally, I don't mind the small community of players on Nazjatar. However, it doesn't help if some of the people *#%##ing about Naz's low pop are players who, themselves, are incompetent in raids or pvp, which drives the competent players away from Nazjatar and hurts our overall server progression.

Also, shoutout to Wildpauline, Sean, and Vena - Nazjatar OG's
Edited by Jodizzle on 5/30/2011 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
05/30/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Wildpauline
Silence signifies consent.

Silence signifies consent with the people that are disagreeing with you, just as much as it signifies consent to your point...which is not at all.

This thread has been viewed 67 times as I write this, posted to 15 times with most of the posts disagreeing with you. All the posters have read the thread multiple times, so I would conclude that of the less than 67 people that know your argument, most disagree.

Most people that bother to read forums and websites outside the game are raiders and not your audience, so I wouldn't bother trying to come to some grand conclusion with this type of sample.

There is really nothing as players we can do to have a change like this take place, other than voicing our concerns, which is why the raiding guilds are posting to this. It is not that we "hate" Naz, quite the opposite. It is the fact that we like Naz and don't want to have to leave in order to play the game in the fashion we want, which is to say, how it once was.

I recently made a toon on a new server and the amount of raids happening and pick up going on was a real eye opener for me as to how dead our server really is. I hope they do something because it is only getting worse. Sorry for the long post. I'll get off my soap box now and get back to work...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Silence signifies consent with the people that are disagreeing with you, just as much as it signifies consent to your point...which is not at all.

This thread has been viewed 67 times as I write this, posted to 15 times with most of the posts disagreeing with you. All the posters have read the thread multiple times, so I would conclude that of the less than 67 people that know your argument, most disagree.

Most people that bother to read forums and websites outside the game are raiders and not your audience, so I wouldn't bother trying to come to some grand conclusion with this type of sample.

There is really nothing as players we can do to have a change like this take place, other than voicing our concerns, which is why the raiding guilds are posting to this. It is not that we "hate" Naz, quite the opposite. It is the fact that we like Naz and don't want to have to leave in order to play the game in the fashion we want, which is to say, how it once was.

I recently made a toon on a new server and the amount of raids happening and pick up going on was a real eye opener for me as to how dead our server really is. I hope they do something because it is only getting worse. Sorry for the long post. I'll get off my soap box now and get back to work...

Well said.

It's interesting that no one has agreed to your point Wildpauline. Perhaps being ignorant about the situation regarding this realm doesn't solve anything. As for those leaders and officers in large guilds, they're staying here, and will try to change it as much as possible so that not only will the selfish few continue to enjoy it, but the larger percentage of the realm, that also coincidentally contribute more to the community than said selfish people, can too enjoy the game without sacrificing friendships, or the money in their wallets.
Edited by Seantzor on 5/31/2011 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
As a Nazjatar OG and President of Nazjatar, I say that you should all practice arenas and raid awareness so pro pple who xfer here won't feel so superior and decide to leave after a month of playing with subpar pugs. Also, elitists on Naz should have more patience in helping the nub players get better instead of just calling them bad as this leads to the growing stigma that Nazjatar is filled with bad players.

Personally, I don't mind the small community of players on Nazjatar. However, it doesn't help if some of the people *#%##ing about Naz's low pop are players who, themselves, are incompetent in raids or pvp, which drives the competent players away from Nazjatar and hurts our overall server progression.

Also, shoutout to Wildpauline, Sean, and Vena - Nazjatar OG's

Jodizzil is the original Naz elitist.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
05/30/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Wildpauline

That is what I always say, but the law says otherwise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]