New Headset making my very sad panda.

85 Human Paladin
So basically, iv'e tried everything trying to get my headset to work so i can play wow with it and arena but nothing will work :(, let me explain.

So obviously i'm using a mac and it says this headset is mac compatible and the name of the headset is the SteelSeries Siberia v/2 and my mac just doesn't want to detect it no matter what i do iv'e tried using the Virtual Surround 7.1 USB adapater and without it tried using jack extentions and without it.. tried plugging in jacks red->red and green->green and vice/versa.

no matter what i do no matter what i try i just doesn't want to show up in my output/input devices list mic or sound or anything IT JUST DOESN"T SHOW!!!!!!!!

Oh and finally i have also tried going to steelseries website they don't offer mac support also tried downloading their drivers there not mac-compatible and finally tried everything on google nothing nothing nothing.

:(
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
What O/S do you have ?

My google-fu has got the flu right now so I can't seem to find anything concrete about it.

What is the make and model of headset of SteelSeries Siberia v/2 you got ? I understand there's several versions including a USB one.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
if it's not a USB mic it's not gonna work, macs don't use standard headphone audio ports, they have no amplification., they are meant for pro audio sources only that have external power for signals, any headset plugged into a jack on a mac will get zilch. USB is the only option. i can't try to find some articles on it but it's late.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
05/29/2011 12:15 AMPosted by Omegal
if it's not a USB mic it's not gonna work, macs don't use standard headphone audio ports, they have no amplification., they are meant for pro audio sources only that have external power for signals, any headset plugged into a jack on a mac will get zilch. USB is the only option. i can't try to find some articles on it but it's late.

To clarify this, the audio INPUT is line input. The headphone jack still provides power to run your headphones.

However, this is a headset specifically made to use a USB -> audio adapter. Taken from the Steelseries site:

Other fine SteelSeries products that are plug and play USB devices will certainly work on a Mac provided that advanced driver supports isn't required. At this time, we do not offer driver support for the Mac.

However, they do claim on their store that the USB stick works on a Mac, so I don't see why this shouldn't work.

What have you done so far? It should at least show up in System Profiler under USB devices. Do you see it at all in Audio MIDI Setup? Does it show up at all in the Sound System Preferences as anything at all? Have you tried it in Windows to make sure the thing actually works? Does it recognize the USB audio adapter at all?

Furthermore, what Mac model and OS version are you running?
Edited by Josephcurwen on 5/29/2011 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah confirmation, my brand new Siberia does not work with my new macbook 2.7 GHZ in intel I7, 8GB 1600 mHz DDR3, os 10.8.2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]