Dwarf Paladin mount

86 Dwarf Paladin
With the introduction of race specific paladin mounts for both Draenei and Tauren some in the Dwarf community questioned why we did not also get our own specific mount. The argument was that Dwarves belong to the same paladin order as humans "The knights of the silver hand" therefore they would ride the same mount as the humans.

However this misses one glaring mistake, as a dwarf i stand at around 109 to 130 cm my horse is a proper horse size in fact probably larger than your average horse as it is breed specifically for battle. Now unless i carry around a ladder everywhere i go there is no way i am going to be able to get on top of that horse by myself.So please blizz i am sure you could get the knight of the silver hand to start breeding battle ponies fit for a stout hero of the alliance such as myself
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Chargers are for the Order, not by race... regardless of whether they can reach the gas pedal. Have you looked at draenei on their mounts? Hell, the bear I ride around has a freakish cavern carved into it's back that I lurk in, because I definitely don't sit on it's giant wicker saddle, nor can I possibly reach the ground.

Almost nobody (at least Horde) has mounts that they fit properly on. Of all the ones I have, and seriously, I have a lot, I might actually fit correctly on maybe three or four. Even hawkstriders, my own racial mount, I hover slightly. Most of them I sit inside, sometimes well inside.

Actually one of the ironies is.. one of the mounts I actually sit pretty well on? Brewfest ram.
Edited by Cayse on 6/1/2011 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
With the introduction of race specific paladin mounts for both Draenei and Tauren some in the Dwarf community questioned why we did not also get our own specific mount. The argument was that Dwarves belong to the same paladin order as humans "The knights of the silver hand" therefore they would ride the same mount as the humans.

Because paladins do NOT get race specific mounts...they get ORDER SPECIFIC MOUNTS.

06/01/2011 09:01 PMPosted by Fhain
However this misses one glaring mistake, as a dwarf i stand at around 109 to 130 cm my horse is a proper horse size in fact probably larger than your average horse as it is breed specifically for battle. Now unless i carry around a ladder everywhere i go there is no way i am going to be able to get on top of that horse by myself.So please blizz i am sure you could get the knight of the silver hand to start breeding battle ponies fit for a stout hero of the alliance such as myself

1) In the middle ages knights wore several layers of mail and plate and could barely move. It was impossible for a knight to mount a horse without the aid of 3 or so squires. So by your logic not even humans should get horse mounts because neither race can mount without the aid of others.

2) You mount the horse by casting a spell and having it magically appear under you. Height has no bearing on your ability to mount.

===========

If blizzard were to give all paladins charger versions of their racial mounts they would REMOVE THE HORSES WE CURRENTLY HAVE (Dwarves and bloodelves) WITH NO OPTION TO KEEP THEM LIKE THEY DID TO SPACEGOATS. A HUGE number of dwarves and almost EVERY SINGLE BLOOD ELF PALADIN would be on this forum complaining. Its not worth it just to fix the fact that some people are unable to think outside the box.

Want a Goat charger? Ask for one to be added to the ArgTourn. Don't try to take away one of the most fun things about being a paladin: The ability to not be stuck with a stupid racial mount we dont want in the first place.

Now lets unite on something we can all agree with: A Pegasus flying charger for all paladins.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/01/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Miraani
I much prefer the current "It's an oliphaunt, Mr. Frodo"

lols
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Next time you're in Stormwind, park your ram next to a horse and see how much of a height difference there is - the ram is, in fact TALLER than the horse. You still need a ladder to get on your ram; deal with the shocking lack of reality in a completely fictional game world.

Also, mount is by Order, not by race, and Dwarves ascribe to the original Order of the Silver Hand just like the humans; ergo, we get horses. Dwarf to Dwarf, get over it. Or, if it bothers you that much to need some sort of holy looking ram, grind out the Stormpike Battle Charger (<--c wut i did thur).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just go get the stormpike battle charger. Its a charger thats a ram, and its kinda palindish... give me a break it has pink eyes.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
"Order specific mounts" is the best excuse people could come up with.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Warrior
06/01/2011 10:45 PMPosted by Airc

It would be .. if it were an excuse. It's not.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/01/2011 10:45 PMPosted by Airc

Let's hear your reasoning, then, sir?
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
06/01/2011 10:49 PMPosted by Kabouters
It would be .. if it were an excuse. It's not.

I guess I missed where Blizzard stated it was due to orders rather than races. Could I please get a link to the statement?

06/01/2011 10:49 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Let's hear your reasoning, then, sir?

Draenei look silly on Horses and they had an opportunity to create a mount for Tauren Paladins. Making a new one for Dwarves and Blood Elves wasn't needed, as both those races look fine on horses.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Draenei look silly on Horses and they had an opportunity to create a mount for Tauren Paladins. Making a new one for Dwarves and Blood Elves wasn't needed, as both those races look fine on horses.

Draenei look far sillier on Mechanostriders, but I know several that do it anyway. If a Draenei Paladin felt silly and didn't want to use the Pally horse, all they had to do was use a different mount. Looking silly on something is no reason to give them a whole new mount. You must have missed all the spacegoat QQ over the change, 'cause I know a lot of them wanted to keep their horse.

Blood Elves, too, still have their horse and not a holy hawkstrider because their order of Paladins are a fallen group of former Silver Hand Paladins that needed a new name after they fell from the Light and began siphoning M'uru of his power. Their warhorses and chargers took on a darker appearance to match the Blood Elves fall from the True Light.

Also, don't know that Blizzard's response to this question can be linked as it went the way of the old forums, but I do remember the discussion(s) that went on when the change was announced and the initial flood of QQ that Dwarves weren't getting a holy ram, and the initial QQ from the Draenei that they were having holy elekks shoved down their throats. It was explained, by a blue, that it was being done per order - and Dwarves, having learned the ways of the Paladin from the Order of the Silver Hand, would retain the horse.
Reply Quote
15 Night Elf Hunter
No need worrying about climbing up on it. The charger is summoned directly under your butt. Win-win.
Reply Quote
06/02/2011 08:22 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Also, don't know that Blizzard's response to this question can be linked as it went the way of the old forums, but I do remember the discussion(s) that went on when the change was announced and the initial flood of QQ that Dwarves weren't getting a holy ram, and the initial QQ from the Draenei that they were having holy elekks shoved down their throats. It was explained, by a blue, that it was being done per order - and Dwarves, having learned the ways of the Paladin from the Order of the Silver Hand, would retain the horse.

As one of the people who backed and still backs the spacegoats i can assure you blizz gave no response one way or another.

Their response was too lock every single thread on the matter and kill the topic entirely so it would not be discussed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
To the Draenei that lost your charger: grind the Argent Charger, silver>gold

As for the order explanation, Blizz has %*!%d WoW lore left and right already, might as well just let the dwarves have their epic ram charger thing.
Reply Quote
To the Draenei that lost your charger: grind the Argent Charger, silver>gold

As for the order explanation, Blizz has %*!%d WoW lore left and right already, might as well just let the dwarves have their epic ram charger thing.

Thats your opinion. I and ALOT of others think gold>silver. And they should not have taken the charger away they should have made the elekk part of the AT grind not the other way around.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
My own personal opinion on what would be best is minor glyphs. Make a new Dwarven Charger model and then a handful of minor glyphs that change the look of your charger, depending on which one you are using.

I'm guessing that's too much work for Blizzard, though. Still, I think it would be the best solution.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
My own personal opinion on what would be best is minor glyphs. Make a new Dwarven Charger model and then a handful of minor glyphs that change the look of your charger, depending on which one you are using.

I'm guessing that's too much work for Blizzard, though. Still, I think it would be the best solution.

This has been suggested before, and would indeed be the best solution.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
You could always just vault on top of the horse, Three Amigos style.

*sage nod*

*pets his pretty elekk*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]