iPhone Mobile Authenticator App Update

Community Manager
Update: We're happy to report that version 1.3.1 of the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been approved for release. We've confirmed that the issues encountered in version 1.3.0 should now be resolved and that the new update will be available for download on iTunes shortly.

Thanks for your patience!

------------------------------------

Due to an issue with the latest version of the iPhone Battle.net Mobile Authenticator application (version 1.3.0), we've temporarily taken down the app from the iTunes store. Rest assured that we're already working on a new version and will be providing an update in this thread as soon as that new update is up. Please note that until the new version is made available, iPhone and iTouch users will be unable to download the app or upgrade it to the latest version.

If you use a non-iPhone version of the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator, have not upgraded to version 1.3.0, or if you upgraded an existing version via iTunes but have not retrieved a new serial number, your Mobile Authenticator should be unaffected by this issue and continue to function as normal. Regardless if you retrieved the update or not, there is no security threat or risk associated with the Authenticator's ability to continue protecting your account while attached.

As always, if you are experiencing any issues with an Authenticator or Mobile Authenticator, we encourage you to contact our customer support staff for assistance - https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

Thanks!
Edited by Lylirra on 6/8/2011 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I like how you post this now, not yesterday when I encountered this problem and had no idea what was going on.
Reply Quote
76 Human Paladin
What problem are iPhone authenticator users experiencing? I used mine last night with no issues, as far as I noticed. I tried doing a Google search to see what this issue might be, but came up empty-handed. It'd be nice to know what people are reporting, so I can keep an eye out for it on my phone.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
This is why I don't trust the authenticator App, nor Blizzard's response to the problem.

The only problem that the app can have is it not producing a valid authentication number when you try to log in.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
This is why I don't trust the authenticator App, nor Blizzard's response to the problem.

The only problem that the app can have is it not producing a valid authentication number when you try to log in.

I was running into this a few times the last day or two. (I haven't updated to the new version yet.) I hit the sync button on it, and it turns out the timer had been delayed several seconds and the authenticator thought an old code was still valid. Syncing it solved things.

I'm curious what problem prompted the authenticator to be pulled though?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
My Remote Guild Chat has not worked for 2 days.

Could this be related? Since it pulls from the mobile authenticator?
Edited by Cilos on 6/3/2011 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Lol, I bought a new iphone today. Any idea when i can download the authenticator for it so I don't have to keep my old one active just to log-in????

Or alternately, is the old version available somehow?

I think you have to keep the old one for now until they fix the new authenticator. My guess is it will be about a week or two (based on how it typically takes to fix bugs in their apps).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Lol, I bought a new iphone today. Any idea when i can download the authenticator for it so I don't have to keep my old one active just to log-in????

Or alternately, is the old version available somehow?

If you have synced to iTunes, you should be able to install your existing application to your new phone. If you haven't, you get to hang onto your old phone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have an iPhone with version 1.1.0 by what the app tells me, should i be all set to use it or should i keep my physical one till an update is pushed.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
06/03/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Dorsidhion
I have an iPhone with version 1.1.0 by what the app tells me, should i be all set to use it or should i keep my physical one till an update is pushed.

That's what I have too, it still seems to still work for me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I didn't even know there was an update, still using 1.1.0 as well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why don't we have a PC account authenticator that we can cut and paste just for easier use ?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
06/03/2011 08:31 PMPosted by Icejuice
Why don't we have a PC account authenticator that we can cut and paste just for easier use ?

That would be far too easy to be compromised by malicious software. A huge part of the authenticators security is that it's completely separate from your computer.
Reply Quote
83 Undead Mage
06/03/2011 08:31 PMPosted by Icejuice

Actually, there is one. http://code.google.com/p/winauth. Vanarela is correct in that it is never going to be as secure, since it is on the same device as your game. However, despite that, it is convenient, portable and secure as it can be.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People should just buy the actual Authenticator. Way easier
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
I tried to log in a few times today and I couldn't. Reset my password and I still couldn't get online. I'm using an iphone authenticator so I assume that this has something to do with it.

Before I started playing again, my children used my phone and deleted my authenticator. I just reinstalled it from the app store and it worked just fine. Since I couldn't log on I deleted it again and attempted to reinstall it yet again but guess what.

IT'S NOT ON THE APP STORE NOW!

Getting pissed...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I tried to log in a few times today and I couldn't. Reset my password and I still couldn't get online. I'm using an iphone authenticator so I assume that this has something to do with it.

Before I started playing again, my children used my phone and deleted my authenticator. I just reinstalled it from the app store and it worked just fine. Since I couldn't log on I deleted it again and attempted to reinstall it yet again but guess what.

IT'S NOT ON THE APP STORE NOW!

Getting pissed...

I had a similar experience. Quite frustrating.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]