iPhone Mobile Authenticator App Update

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Is it possible then to be able to use both authenticators? Like I've got the actual keychain one. But I've wanted to get the other on my iPhone. That way if say I want to access the forums and converse with you fun folks while I'm at work or something, I can just use my iPhone app to generate a number instead of having to carry the keychain with me. Yes, I know it's a KEYCHAIN, but I have quite enough crap I carry with me on my keys as is. But I wasn't sure if having both would somehow cause them to interfere with each other.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Any idea how long it will be?
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Mage
06/04/2011 05:53 PMPosted by Bunnyslasher
Is it possible then to be able to use both authenticators? Like I've got the actual keychain one. But I've wanted to get the other on my iPhone. That way if say I want to access the forums and converse with you fun folks while I'm at work or something, I can just use my iPhone app to generate a number instead of having to carry the keychain with me. Yes, I know it's a KEYCHAIN, but I have quite enough crap I carry with me on my keys as is. But I wasn't sure if having both would somehow cause them to interfere with each other.

Nope - it's one or the other.

But you can switch to the iPhone app when it gets updated, and give the keychain one to a friend that plays.
Edited by Traystanna on 6/4/2011 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
NV
there was no problem for those already with the app, just new people trying to download the app couldnt find it on the store because it was removed temporarily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I tried to log in a few times today and I couldn't. Reset my password and I still couldn't get online. I'm using an iphone authenticator so I assume that this has something to do with it.

Before I started playing again, my children used my phone and deleted my authenticator. I just reinstalled it from the app store and it worked just fine. Since I couldn't log on I deleted it again and attempted to reinstall it yet again but guess what.

IT'S NOT ON THE APP STORE NOW!

Getting pissed...

This would be why you record your serial number from your authenticator, so you can take it OFF your account if you need to...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This would be why you record your serial number from your authenticator, so you can take it OFF your account if you need to...

You actually need 2 consecutive codes from the authenticator to take it off.
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
ETA on the fix?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I'de have no idea why you wouldn't trust it. I love the authenticator, although I have been hacked before so I guess that's a reason to like it. Makes me feel safe!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
When will the authenticator be back up?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Most people who know their way around a computer don't need an authenicator. Hooray for Computer Literacy.

To those who aren't as tech savvy, then yes, you should probably get one. I personally know my way well enough around that I don't need to spend the extra money, but it is always a solid backup for anyone who's not sure.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
My authenticator experiences have been this (i use an ipod touch one). If you let your ipod die and stay dead for a while, your going to have to call blizzard to change authenticators. If you break it and get a new one, you will have to call blizzard. The serial numbers on each authenticators are unique and therefore require a change. However being hacked twice, i know from experience an authenticator is worth the hassle.
Reply Quote
Makes sense now
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Good thing I have a droid huh?
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Shaman
I like how blizzard say that they took it down. Apple removed the new version of the authenticator because it did not comply with their app requirements.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
06/05/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Swiftdoom
I personally know my way well enough around that I don't need to spend the extra money, but it is always a solid backup for anyone who's not sure.

Your commenting on a page about the Iphone/Ipod authenticator app which is free. There is no 'extra money spent'.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Most people who know their way around a computer don't need an authenicator. Hooray for Computer Literacy.

To those who aren't as tech savvy, then yes, you should probably get one. I personally know my way well enough around that I don't need to spend the extra money, but it is always a solid backup for anyone who's not sure.

You are computer literate to make a password so strong it cannot be hacked? lol good luck n00b. There is nothing tech-savy about it, all passwords are hackable. Full stop.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I tried to log in a few times today and I couldn't. Reset my password and I still couldn't get online. I'm using an iphone authenticator so I assume that this has something to do with it.

Before I started playing again, my children used my phone and deleted my authenticator. I just reinstalled it from the app store and it worked just fine. Since I couldn't log on I deleted it again and attempted to reinstall it yet again but guess what.

IT'S NOT ON THE APP STORE NOW!

Getting pissed...

you know if the app gets deleted you need to remove the authenticator from your account and put a new one on because the serials have changed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/03/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Kiitos
I like how you post this now, not yesterday when I encountered this problem and had no idea what was going on.

Would you rather they never said anything at all?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/05/2011 04:40 PMPosted by Wytbait
I like how blizzard say that they took it down. Apple removed the new version of the authenticator because it did not comply with their app requirements.

If true, gotta love that corporate spin!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]