iPhone Mobile Authenticator App Update

81 Draenei Shaman
Hello, Im a PC. And you guys are all Apple loving FOOLS.

TAKE THAT ELITIST APPLE USERS!
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
06/05/2011 01:52 PMPosted by Totemsetter
My authenticator experiences have been this (i use an ipod touch one). If you let your ipod die and stay dead for a while, your going to have to call blizzard to change authenticators.

Have you tried hitting the sync button on the authenticator? If the iPod is out of battery life, its ability to maintain time will be compromised. Syncing it (button on the bottom of the screen) makes the authenticator's displayed code match what Blizzard tells it should be the code for the given 10 second interval, and it should last until the next time your iPod runs down on battery or is otherwise frozen up and unable to keep time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

...Before I started playing again, my children used my phone and deleted my authenticator.

sometimes, infanticide is the only option
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
yea it sucks, but by their response it should be up soon, i just got a new iphone and have to use my droid authenticator until it is back up on itunes. sucks but w/e.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
lol im a hybrid!
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Warrior
I have noticed that the mobile authenticator via my Black Berry Torch 9800 will not resync after the option is used a certain number of times.

Also, @Volty, I am an elitist Ubuntu user. So, stick that in your stew and chew it, I guess?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Is there any word on to how much longer we will have to wait?

Trying to sell my old iPhone, but I cant at the moment as its the only way to access my authenticator code.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Hahah i still have v1.1.0 :S
It's working fine for me :D
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Please Blue give an update on when it will be fixed or eta.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
06/05/2011 03:17 AMPosted by Trezesc
You actually need 2 consecutive codes from the authenticator to take it off.

To remove it yourself, yes. But having the serial of your Authenticator, and your CD keys, makes it 100 times easier to recover the account if you lost your Authenticator, had a changed serial on your iPhone Authenticator, or broke either of the two.

06/05/2011 04:40 PMPosted by Wytbait
I like how blizzard say that they took it down. Apple removed the new version of the authenticator because it did not comply with their app requirements.

Source please?
Reply Quote
Apple had nothing to do with it being pulled. Call Blizzard with the serial of your authenticator and they can remove it. If you were not smart enough to save the number fro your authenticator, either the smartphone based one, or the Key chain, then it is YOUR fault. They were very explicit about it when you set it up.

When I got a new phone it backed up all my apps, but when you restore the authenticator it gives you a fresh serial, but it took all of ten minutes to get blizzard to remove it and five more for me to re-ad it.

And this time SAVE the serial!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Blizz, any ETA of the upload would be great
Edited by Rattycakes on 6/8/2011 5:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is there a link to an old version of the Authenticator available somewhere? Please link if you find any. I restored my iPod to factory setting so I lost all the apps including the blizz authenticator...my account is in danger now...Really! Hurry up and put it back online!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I like how blizzard say that they took it down. Apple removed the new version of the authenticator because it did not comply with their app requirements.

Lol, yeah, the random level 31 troll knows all...
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
06/03/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Kiitos
I like how you post this now, not yesterday when I encountered this problem and had no idea what was going on.

Actually it was posted the day the app was released and the issue discovered, albeit in a non-stickied thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593043679

This is absolutely not true. Blizzard voluntarily removed the app from the App Store due to an issue with the new "Restore" feature that could not have been detected through testing until the app went through the App Store. We subsequently caught the issue early on in the deployment and were able to take the app down before most users had updated.

Our BMA app has always complied with, and continues to comply with, Apple's policies.
Edited by Liogela on 6/8/2011 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
Cool avatar, Liogela! I've always liked that offhand.

When you Blizzard folks get avatars, do you have a preset collection to pick from or do you talk to somebody and say, "I really like x, can you make it an avatar please?"
Reply Quote
It's back on the store and has a update available for it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/08/2011 06:17 PMPosted by Rebur
It's back on the store and has a update available for it.

Yay, it is :D Thanks for the update Rebur
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Cool avatar, Liogela! I've always liked that offhand.

When you Blizzard folks get avatars, do you have a preset collection to pick from or do you talk to somebody and say, "I really like x, can you make it an avatar please?"

Good question! We actually make requests to in-house artists who animate something based on an idea we have for our own avatars. In my case, my name is an anagram for Galileo, and so I wanted something that looked like planets orbiting each other. Voilà!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]