7-day reactivation?

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi, recently my friend received a 7-day free reactivation trial for his WoW account. I haven't played WoW in about 5 months and was wondering how long it takes for one to be sent to me. Thanks!
Support Forum Agent
06/05/2011 03:59 PMPosted by Zelara
Hi, recently my friend received a 7-day free reactivation trial for his WoW account. I haven't played WoW in about 5 months and was wondering how long it takes for one to be sent to me. Thanks!

I'm afraid we really don't have a list of what the conditions would be, Zelara, but I believe the account must be inactive for 90 days as one of them. If you are referring to this account it looks like the subscription ran out April 1st so you are still under 90 days at the moment.

Once it exceeds 90 days and those invites are sent out you may receive one. They aren't sent out regularly so no telling when they may be. You can always check your Account Management page to see if there is an option to activate it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay, awesome thanks. One more thing, my old account was banned previously (On January 14th.) and while I continue to send in appeals for the banning, I am never answered. Any idea why?
Support Forum Agent
06/05/2011 04:07 PMPosted by Zelara
Okay, awesome thanks. One more thing, my old account was banned previously (On January 14th.) and while I continue to send in appeals for the banning, I am never answered. Any idea why?

You never received a response from your appeal or you stopped receiving responses? We have specific processes in place for accounts who wish to appeal a suspension or closure, as errors do occur from time to time. When an appeal is made our Account Administration reps look into the actions that were taken and they work to verify that the evidence supports the actions taken. If they are unable to, the action is likely to be overturned. If all evidence indicates that a violation of our policies did occur though, that action is upheld. A single case may be looked into a few times but at a certain point, when no other evidence can be found to indicate that an error was made, they may stop responding.

An e-mail is usually sent with a statement like that though.

Otherwise, you may want to check your spam filter/junk folder and make sure none of the e-mails are getting sent there. Sending the e-mail from the registered address on the account is important too.
14 Blood Elf Priest
06/05/2011 04:07 PMPosted by Zelara
Any idea why?

Likely because they have already told you that the account action will not be removed. Typically, you also receive a response indicating that they will no longer be responding to your e-mails.

Depending on your situation however, you may also not be receiving a response if you are not sending the request to Account Admin from the registered e-mail address.

Edit: Beat by 16 seconds!
Edited by Perl on 6/5/2011 4:18 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I completely stopped receiving responses, they said in a previous e-mail that they would do an investigation that would take a couple of weeks, but it has now been months.
92 Human Death Knight
You might have missed the email that stated that after they re-investigated they found that their initial findings would be upheld and that no further communication on the matter will occur. I do not have the exact wording, but there is usually one final email and then they stop responding.
Support Forum Agent
06/05/2011 04:23 PMPosted by Zelara
I completely stopped receiving responses, they said in a previous e-mail that they would do an investigation that would take a couple of weeks, but it has now been months.

Can you give me the name and realm of a character on that account? I may not be able to give much information but I'll take a look.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Zelphda, Alliance, Korgath
Support Forum Agent
06/05/2011 04:37 PMPosted by Zelara
Zelphda, Alliance, Korgath

From what I can see, Zelara, you used the Account Recovery form around the 21st of February. The e-mail you received seems to be a follow up to that regarding the possible compromise of your account. Unfortunately, since no compromise was found nothing more could be done.

The final review e-mail would have been received on the 26th of January. I'm sorry.
Seems relevant here as well but looks to be a new attempt at hijacking accounts.

I received a 7 day reactivate email as well, yeah active account already. Already forwarded it to the hacks@blizzard.com
86 Goblin Warlock
Seems relevant here as well but looks to be a new attempt at hijacking accounts.

I received a 7 day reactivate email as well, yeah active account already. Already forwarded it to the hacks@blizzard.com

You do understand Blizzard does indeed send out emails offering 7 days to come back right?

Did you verify if the email was sent by Blizzard? Submitting an email as spam that was sent by Blizzard only confuses matters.
Support Forum Agent
06/05/2011 06:32 PMPosted by Lafial

Those who are looking to scam people out of their account information often attempt to mimic any promotions that we have done. Including ones that may be current.

If you receive such an e-mail you should check the headers on it.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/25133

Many e-mails spoof the link so it looks like you are visiting the account management or another official page. You can usually check the links in the e-mail by hovering your cursor over them, that will help to make sure that they are going to where they say they are. Often, it is best to just type in the address yourself. :)

You do understand Blizzard does indeed send out emails offering 7 days to come back right?

Did you verify if the email was sent by Blizzard? Submitting an email as spam that was sent by Blizzard only confuses matters.

You must have missed the part where i said I already have an active account. And i checked the header not from blizzard.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage

One landed in my spam email so I looked at the headers as well.

Cleverly they've managed to forge more headers then the usual gold seller email. No faking of the Reply-to fields and there were no X-Originating fields either.

Thing is tho it had that bit about a mail server not designating an IP as a recognized sender. Run that IP and it come up as a Malaysian one.

Being paranoid doesn't mean there isn't someone out to get you :)

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
is this reactivation real or fake the website i got was:
[Removed]
Edited by Vrakthris on 6/9/2011 5:59 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
That is FAKE, and please remove it from here so someone doesnt accidently go to it.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
http://FAKE URL HERE/wow2.htm?ref=https://www.blizzard.com/support/index.xml

Please remove that malicious URL.

The only valid Blizzard URL would be http://*.battle.net/* The first * might be US (North American accounts), EU (European), SEA (Southeast Asia), etc. The second * must be after the /. If there's variations on the URL before the /, it's fake.
86 Dwarf Warrior
Any love for a stinky dwarf?
Community Manager
Please don't bump old threads. If you have an issue you require assistance with, please feel free to make your own thread and provide, in detail, what you are experiencing. Thanks!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]