Arms PvP Guide - Info and Tactics (4.3)

(Locked)

1 Draenei Warrior
Hi i have a new warrior and im messing around with the different macros to swap weapons.

I have a newb question. Does Swapping weapons in combat trigger a global cooldown?

Cause when i swap from a S&S to a 2H i noticed I have to wait a GCD before i can do any attacks! I dont know if im doing it wrong.
90 Orc Warrior
FYI - updated Section VIII with Addon info to give people an idea of some common helpful addons. Feel free to make recommendations to include in the list and I will update.
90 Human Warrior
Hi i have a new warrior and im messing around with the different macros to swap weapons.

I have a newb question. Does Swapping weapons in combat trigger a global cooldown?

Cause when i swap from a S&S to a 2H i noticed I have to wait a GCD before i can do any attacks! I dont know if im doing it wrong.

yes, it does trigger the GCD
90 Orc Warrior
06/20/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Polymemnetic
yes, it does trigger the GCD

And to expand slightly, the GCD requirement forces you to have a little preemptive forethought when spell reflecting and things of that sort. It just takes some practice to get used to and handle effectively.
Edited by Squirrelnut on 6/20/2011 12:34 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
FYI -- Updated Section II to include Arms PvP Enchants (Stats, Gemming, Reforging & Enchants)
85 Blood Elf Warrior
06/20/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Ollibar
Congrats you can Copy and paste from Arenajunkies.com

Copy and paste from which part of arenajunkies (and link please)? Who are you referring to? Your statement seems rather vague.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Awesome guide, yeah I did NOT know you could move while using slam; rethinking my spec now. (I know I'm not fully PVP spec'd or fully PVE spec'd I chose to go inbetween [helps me solo WoTLK Heroics....achievements is the reason for this spec]) I knew Imp Slam was better then Incite, but my latency is pretty bad at times and I know latency has a lot to do with Slam, but since moving doesn't cancel it do you think it would be a problem?
90 Orc Warrior
06/20/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Ollibar
Congrats you can Copy and paste from Arenajunkies.com

Actually I wrote all of this thread from general class knowledge pulled out of my... lol

If there is any part of any of my posts that are similar to anything that already exists I would blame Bliz for lack of options since most good Arms PvP Warriors all gear/gem/spec/rotation are all basically the same for maximum performance.

Also I would be curious for the link to see what someone wrote that is similar enough for trolls to think I copied it lol.
85 Worgen Warrior
He's just jelly.

Good thread man.
85 Worgen Warrior
Bumpage!
85 Human Warrior
Some of the same old questions on the first page. This needs a bump so we don't see the same threads.

Sticky this, Blizzard!
90 Orc Warrior
The people making the same ol' threads asking the same ol' questions would probably still happen but at least we could just say "Read the sticky" lawl
54 Worgen Rogue
took incite off my warrior and brought slam back to my rotation and it was quite the dps boost. Very nice read, sticky requested.
90 Undead Mage
Great Guide Squirrely
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Nice guide. I think I may give Arms PvP a try.
85 Troll Warrior
Why hasn't this been stickied yet?
90 Tauren Warrior
How the hell are you supposed to get to a frost mage without charge tho? Unless Heroic Leap is up it seems kind of impossible.
85 Orc Warrior
06/24/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Kroanen
How the hell are you supposed to get to a frost mage without charge tho? Unless Heroic Leap is up it seems kind of impossible.

I honestly dont think its possible to defeat an exceptional mage 1v1.
85 Gnome Warrior
Why has this not been stickied yet? I put in my sticky request a week ago.

I guess a bump is the next best thing.

Edit to cross reference some good guides, since they have not been stickied yet. If you are also interested in having a Prot offspec to run the Flag in Rated Battlegrounds check out this guide:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089113503?page=1
Edited by Rynestyne on 6/27/2011 11:54 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]