Best arena comp?

What is the best class/spec to go with frost mage for twos?
Reply Quote
Gnome!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Disc priest , Rogue, Another frost mage
Reply Quote
Can i ask how another frost mage works? because thats what im running now and wer not doin to well? suggestions?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
05/26/2011 10:52 AMPosted by Rainfalls
Can i ask how another frost mage works? because thats what im running now and wer not doin to well? suggestions?

I cant say im a glad but basically you can shutdown someone for almost the full game in 2's.
2 deep freezes, 2 ring of frosts 2 polys. What works good is Make the healer blow a trinket then catch him in a deepfreeze, then ring of frost under him if the dps isnt dead by then CS the healer and the dps should be dead between 2 frost mages @@#@!* his face. Double dps basically same thing keep 1 dps cc'd @**% the other. Cant beat 2x 50k shatters.
Reply Quote
thank you im going to try this
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Is the armory being weird or do you and your partner really not have a single gem or enchant between the two of you?

And missing glyphs, and weird specs.
Edited by Snacktray on 5/26/2011 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Frost DK.

Rogue.

If you play with another frost mage: double invis, have one open w/ sheep while the other opens with freeze and blowing their load. Drop ring of frost while they are doing it, you join in and it's GG.

That's super basic play of double frost mage. Do find videos, they help a lot!
Reply Quote
im dead broke cant afford gems, PVP isnt exactly the best source of gold.. I just started proffessions. to be honest my spec was advised by the mage Nexius, i really like it so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Looked at the spec and like all the fire yu speced into except impact. Are you actually wasting your time spamming fire blast? Also early frost seems like something you should have. Having 100% chance for ice barrier to proc at 50% health is also nice.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
05/26/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Fåsjåpåfetta
Looked at the spec and like all the fire yu speced into except impact. Are you actually wasting your time spamming fire blast? Also early frost seems like something you should have. Having 100% chance for ice barrier to proc at 50% health is also nice.

An instant stun is actually a good thing to have.
Reply Quote
yea i dont spam fireblast.. i use it for an extra stun when it procs
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
05/26/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Rainfalls
im dead broke cant afford gems, PVP isnt exactly the best source of gold.. I just started proffessions. to be honest my spec was advised by the mage Nexius, i really like it so far.

Your spec is close. But you really probably want to drop a point from enduring winter and blazing speed for 2/2 imp cs.

Being able to blanket silence a healer as you are going for a kill is more helpful then what you will get out of those two points.

It's your partner's spec that really makes me confused.
Edited by Snacktray on 5/26/2011 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
05/26/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Rainfalls

The low quality gems go for about 6g per.

You could do 2 daily quests and pick up 200 intellect. Much more then you will ever get out of leveling professions.

Most cheap versions of enchants go for not too much more.
Edited by Snacktray on 5/26/2011 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh wow really?? im a pretty big noob started towars the end of WOTLK, can you tell me where i get gems? do i need to find a player that does it?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
05/26/2011 03:08 PMPosted by Rainfalls
Oh wow really?? im a pretty big noob started towars the end of WOTLK, can you tell me where i get gems? do i need to find a player that does it?

Just check the AH for low quality cut gems (30 intellect on the cheap ones I want to say). They don't go for much at all.

Also take a look for enchants. They have the cheap scrolls on the ah you might be able to pick up.
Reply Quote
Thank you for your help :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
05/26/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Fåsjåpåfetta

Reactive Barrier is absolutely awful, since it goes off the Ice Barrier CD anyways.

Also, take a look at my spec. I feel like Shattered Barrier just isn't worth taking since it shares a DR with Imp. Cone of Cold now. Controlled roots > random roots, imo.
Edited by Sana on 5/26/2011 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/26/2011 03:14 PMPosted by Snacktray

Just check the AH for low quality cut gems (30 intellect on the cheap ones I want to say). They don't go for much at all.

Also take a look for enchants. They have the cheap scrolls on the ah you might be able to pick up.

you should be able to find some +35 intellect (chance on cut to be perfect. normal =30, perfect=35) Can't say how much they'll sell for though.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
05/26/2011 04:02 PMPosted by Sana

Reactive Barrier is absolutely awful, since it goes off the Ice Barrier CD anyways.

Also, take a look at my spec. I feel like Shattered Barrier just isn't worth taking since it shares a DR with Imp. Cone of Cold now. Controlled roots > random roots, imo.

That spec is good.. i would switch the CoC glyph out for FFB. A timely 15% on say 20k when going for a kill is still > 25% on short CD 5k. plus you get a 12 sec dot which has its uses. Either / or i suppose..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]