demonology warlock

81 Human Warlock
sooo yea i been wondering this for some time now, probably most others too...why can't a warlock tame demons or obtain better variety of demons around the game like hunters...would make it alot better to have variety rather than 5-6 demons and only use like 2 when there is like many more out there in this game. and enslave demon spell is next to useless imo
I WOULD LIKE EVERYONES OPINION ON THIS plz :P
Edited by Teases on 5/26/2011 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Great Idea, and Demonology spec could tame a more expansive amount of demons kinda like (Beast Mastery) can with the exotic pets. I also think you should be able to name your demon what ever you wish.
Reply Quote
27 Troll Mage
A buff to Enslave Demon would be kinda cool for a Demo lock, but you already gain a demon that no other warlock spec can gain that does the most damage. So it's kindof redundant to put more work into getting something you already have now.

Also, unless you plan on enslaving a Satyr or something, there's not many demon species in the game universe that you can have full control over that aren't warlock pets already. The only one that comes to mind are those neat Gan'arg Sapper guys.

Everything else is supposedly too powerful for you to control full time, it's why Infernals used to break free and attack the enslaving warlock after a while.

TL;DR - If you want to tame pets, roll Hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Hunters tame animals from throughout the world.

Warlocks summon demons from some other world (or other plane).

Totally different concept.

Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
maybe but there is dif types of demons and assorted colours and been places with neat demons just forget where now >.<
Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
true, but still inquires that enslave demon is useless pretty much lol
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Rogue
Hunters tame animals from throughout the world.

Warlocks summon demons from some other world (or other plane).

Totally different concept.

This.

Warlocks don't tame demons from our world, they summon them once using special procedures to protect themselves, then they enslave them and send them back to the nether.

Warlocks shouldnt be able to enslave demons, but i wish they had more pets, with more specific uses, like a Shiva stuff.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
haha rolling a hunter is like rolling face on my keyboard, ill stick to my fun lock :P
Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
alright new topic then, killing demons should drop something for us to summon them from a nother realm than, which costly to do...I'm just brain storming here cause only pets people use is felguard and imp just about..and its getting rather boring seeing same demons :P i'd just love to somehow get some variety in there
Reply Quote
I think locks should be able to summon other types of demons and break them to their will, so the lock can summon them as they please.

Just seems like they should be able to do that..

I personally want one like the Wrath Guards in Hellfire. I should be able to grab one and bend it to my will with my lock. :/
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
The only demons you can't currently use as pets are high level demons like Wrath Guards, Dread Lords and Pit Lords that would be too powerful for you to command.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
05/26/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Blackriver
The only demons you can't currently use as pets are high level demons like Wrath Guards, Dread Lords and Pit Lords that would be too powerful for you to command.
i know this lol, but bliz has put little to no effort for warlocks to play their true part which is to summon massive beast from nether realms, not a silly little imp and a felguard and 15min cd on a infernal i agree is a fine cd and all cause its really strong. but come on we all agree warlocks need pet variety
Reply Quote
27 Troll Mage
05/26/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Teases
haha rolling a hunter is like rolling face on my keyboard, ill stick to my fun lock :P

This has to do with ideas on how to buff Enslave Demon... how?

Anyway, as the fine looking corpse said earlier - demons come from another plane of existence and are extremely smart, resilient and require intense concentration and willpower on the part of the warlock to keep under control.

Lore-wise, there's a reason why warlocks are feared and hated amongst the general populace. Atleast Mages can make cupcakes when Sargeras invades Azeroth, warlocks are prettymuch asking him to come visit.

As funny as it would be to see a gnome warlock join my dungeon group with an Eredar Lord chained up next to him, I don't see it ending well.
Reply Quote
If they put this in I'll be enslaving a pit lord.

/flex
Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
05/26/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Valdajin

This has to do with ideas on how to buff Enslave Demon... how?

Anyway, as the fine looking corpse said earlier - demons come from another plane of existence and are extremely smart, resilient and require intense concentration and willpower on the part of the warlock to keep under control.

Lore-wise, there's a reason why warlocks are feared and hated amongst the general populace. Atleast Mages can make cupcakes when Sargeras invades Azeroth, warlocks are prettymuch asking him to come visit.

As funny as it would be to see a gnome warlock join my dungeon group with an Eredar Lord chained up next to him, I don't see it ending well.

heh srry about the hunter comment :P just thought id throw it out there when you told me to run a hunter...lol
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warlock
The reason you don't see other pets out, is because Blizzard basically rendered them useless for anything, even pve wise, people are going to go for what pet does the most damage.
I think if blizzard by some miracle brought back the class quests, you wouldnt care so much about enslaving other demons, because the hard work you put into obtaining your own, gives you that sense of accomplishment you are looking for. But maybe not lol.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
npcs can summon nice looking demons, why cant a high level warlock that can kick their butt?
Reply Quote
81 Human Warlock
The reason you don't see other pets out, is because Blizzard basically rendered them useless for anything, even pve wise, people are going to go for what pet does the most damage.
I think if blizzard by some miracle brought back the class quests, you wouldnt care so much about enslaving other demons, because the hard work you put into obtaining your own, gives you that sense of accomplishment you are looking for. But maybe not lol.

yea i did the quest for doomguard and omg it was hard at low level lol felt great being like a only lock with it :P...that i knew of not many had :P
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warlock
It is a CRIME that Warlocks can't summon a demonic flying mount.

A CRIME, I say!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]