Featured Recipe - WoW Magazine

Community Manager
Have you brought a WoW cooking recipe to life? Share you recipe with us for a chance to be featured in the Official World of Warcraft Magazine. Not a chef, but have an in-game delicacy you've always wanted to taste? Let us know.

If chosen your name and text could appear in a future issue of the Official World of Warcraft Magazine.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Captain Rumsey's Lager

... what?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I just saw this in the general forums, a recipe for Cutie Pie:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592849813?page=12

post 223 I think.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
There is one great World of Warcraft recipe, I would love to try. The recipe is called Recipe: Crocolisk Gumbo.

Just gotta get me a crocolisk to cook first. Then toss some onions, herbs, and spices onto it. Mix it all together and it should be quite delicious then. =)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I would try Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight, nothing makes a meal better than it transforming you into a ninja.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I've always been known for specialty desserts. I make treasure chest, inch-worm, spider and pizza cakes; fudge, cookies, etc.

I'd love to have a go at a Gooey Spider Cake!

A nice round chocolate cake. Scoop out the center and fill it with some chocolate pudding (the gooey part) or just have a fudge center and get the gooey when you cut into it, have some pretzel sticks covered with frosting and rolled in colored, shredded coconut - sticking out the sides for legs. Some vanilla wafers with overlaying circles of fondant (to look like spider eyes) perched on the edge. A couple of pieces of candy corn for the fangs with a red dot (candy) stick to the end of one....

Lots of possibilities! Think I know what's on the agenda this Halloween. LOL
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Would have to do something cooking related the day after my wife leaves to visit her mom for a week and a half...
She professionally trained and loves making up recipes. There's a good reason I weigh twice what I did when we met.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Beer Basted Boar Ribs!

You take some pork ribs and boil them in your favorite beer (we use dark beers, like Guinness, for more flavor, but whatever works, really). Boil it for about an hour or so until it's fully cooked. Then spread on the BBQ sauce (homemade for extra skill points) and throw them on the grill until the sauce caramelizes. Yum!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Recipe: Highland Spirits

Highland Spirits
Requires level 21

• 3 parts Pomegranate 7-Up
    1 part cranberry flavored vodka
    1 part Bacardi white rum
    1 lime wedge
    1 sprig mint

• Bruise the mint in the bottom of a glass, squeeze lime wedge into glass, add in 7-Up and liquors. Garnish with a lime wedge and mint sprig if desired.
    Edited by Fireshade on 5/28/2011 3:54 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Troll Death Knight
    Beer Basted Boar Ribs!

You take some pork ribs and boil them in your favorite beer (we use dark beers, like Guinness, for more flavor, but whatever works, really). Boil it for about an hour or so until it's fully cooked. Then spread on the BBQ sauce (homemade for extra skill points) and throw them on the grill until the sauce caramelizes. Yum!

Why not go all the way and use actual boar meat? Depending on where you live, it can be relatively easy to find, and it's absolutely delicious.

Let me put my vote towards that idea by the way.
    Reply Quote
    100 Tauren Druid
    Skewered Eel would be really, really easy to make...

Take some eel filets and sear them off over a nice hot hibachi, glaze with unagi sauce and there ya have it.
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Priest
    I'd like to see a cooking recipe that when you cook it small gnomes appear and come up to help cook it.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I have a blog where I create real life versions of some World of Warcraft recipes. As well as other online games. I have been having a blast with it.

thegamersfridge.blogspot.com
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    I just saw this in the general forums, a recipe for Cutie Pie:

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592849813?page=12">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592849813?page=12</a>

post 223 I think.

Yup, that would be mine. That's actually a reversal of the topic, a real recipe I use at home converted into WoW items. For convenience, here's a repost:

Cutie Pie

Ingredients:

2 Simple Flour
    2 Deeprock Salt
    1 Buttermilk Delight
    1 Refreshing Spring Water
    3 Tundra Berries
    2 Skethyl Berries
    2 Confectioners' Sugar
    1 Egg of Hakkar
    1 Female Gnome

Directions:

1. Preheat Basic Campfire to 425 degrees.
    2. Mix Simple Flour and 1 Deeprock Salt in bowl. Cut Buttermilk Delight into mixture until it resembles coarse meal, then add Refreshing Spring Water until the dough holds together.
    3. Frost Shock the dough 4 times and set aside.
    4. Mix Tundra Berries and Skethyl Berries in a bowl with 1 Deeprock Salt and Confectioners' Sugar.
    5. Roll out dough into two halves. Line pie plate with one half and fill with fruit mixture, then cover with other half. Brush top crust with Egg of Hakkar whites for golden color after baking.
    6. Bake over Basic Campfire for 35-45 minutes.
    7. Place female gnome on table and ask to be friends. Offer pie to sweeten deal. Serve with Ice Cold Milk.

People tend to gloss over the instructions and get the wrong idea once they see "female gnome" in the ingredients section, though.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    05/27/2011 03:30 PMPosted by Ruftvess
    Why not go all the way and use actual boar meat? Depending on where you live, it can be relatively easy to find, and it's absolutely delicious.

Nice thought. I've never actually had boar meat. Mostly, that is a recipe I've actually made before, and while we were making it my husband started laughing really hard, and when I asked what the deal was he said, "we're making beer basted boar ribs!" So, it was definitely the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    >_>

<_<
    There is more than one way to prepare this particuar item, but the one below is the one that requires the least amount of work and preptime I have yet put together.

Lamb is the best widely available substitute for Chimerok meat, based on likely marbling qualities, fat content, muscle distribution. No I won't justify that reasoning here, take it or leave it. :)
    Recipe: Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops

4 tablespoons chili powder
    1 tablespoon paprika
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
    8 1-inch-thick lamb loin chops (roughly 2 3/4 to 3 pounds total)
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 cup chopped green onion
    1 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
    2 cups cooking wine
    2 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
    4 tablespoons chilled butter. Divide into 1/2 inch sections.

• Combine 2 tablespoons chili powder, paprika, cilantro, oregano, cumin, and garlic powder in small bowl. Coat lamb chops with spice mixture. Place lamb chops in glass baking dish. (Yes it has to be glass, if you have no glass bakeware, cover your metal dish in plastic wrap) Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

• Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add green onion and garlic and sauté (Keep the mixture moving, but don't chase it. One stir every 5-10 seconds should be good) 2 minutes. Add wine, beef stock and remaining 2 tablespoons chili powder. Boil until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 30 minutes. Remove sauce from heat. Add butter 1 piece at a time, whisking until melted after each addition.

• Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Grill or broil lamb chops to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.

• Place 2 lamb chops on each of 4 plates. Spoon sauce over lamb and serve.

• I had no idea any one else was translating the recipes from in game into actual, edible creations.
    Reply Quote
    79 Human Warrior
    I could whip up some Bowels'n'Brains but there's no in-game recipe for it.
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Hunter
    I like the Cutie Pie Shark! And the Beer Basted Boar Ribs are a definite go Eluial! Fireshade, you're onto something with the Highland Spirits.....Yaay!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]