Comunity Platform API Feedback

100 Night Elf Hunter
in php use exists($talent['name']) becuse if they donot have duel spec the tree name or build names will not be set
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Druid
08/24/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Ulminia
in php use exists($talent['name']) becuse if they donot have duel spec the tree name or build names will not be set

No, it's not that easy: Have a look at this api data for example:

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/api/wow/character/%E7%86%94%E7%81%AB%E4%B9%8B%E5%BF%83/%E6%A5%BC%E5%85%B0%E9%A3%8E%E8%A1%8C?fields=talents&locale=en_US

As you can clearly see, build 1 is virtually empty without a "name" property. However it does have glyph data attached. Build 2 is selected and populated properly. So we can be sure that this char has dual spec activated. Therefore both, reset talent trees and talent trees that are unavailable because of non-dual spec are displayed the same way through the API. ;-)
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warlock
Checking for the achievement ID seems pretty straight-forward to me. If you're building an application that requires a level of detail such as this, then you should be able to figure out that achievements are a great indicator of some binary states.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
e: Disregard this post, could be something on my end!
Edited by Chaud on 8/24/2011 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
08/24/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Rhileu
As you can clearly see, build 1 is virtually empty without a "name" property. However it does have glyph data attached. Build 2 is selected and populated properly. So we can be sure that this char has dual spec activated. Therefore both, reset talent trees and talent trees that are unavailable because of non-dual spec are displayed the same way through the API. ;-)

well... ial have to check and make sure glyphs are empty .. cus of there no data at in in a spec i dont wana display it lol
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Druid
08/24/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Ulminia
well... ial have to check and make sure glyphs are empty .. cus of there no data at in in a spec i dont wana display it lol

Yes, that's a fine and well. My point was that it's impossible to determine if a talent spec is not available (because the character has not purchased dual spec yet) or of it's just been reset and does not contain glyphs by just looking at the talent data.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
i see your point .. a field isDuelSpec = (bool) would be awsome in Talent returns...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
There does not apear to be a dedicated thread for general Comunity Validation

The API payload is a JSON format and since there is not yet a JSON schema language approved by a standards body, validating the payload is not a given. The old armory had an XML payload and no schema attached to it (at least not to the outside world), but the hierarchy and makeup of the payload did change over time. Keeping up with those changes without schema validation was a challenge.

So I've gone an bit the bullet and started a schema

https://github.com/shimpossible/blizzard-api-schema

It's in JSONSchema, since its written in json. I looked at Orderly, but it has its own language, which means you would need your own parser. One can just as easily convert JsonSchema to Orderly if they want too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]