dw lave spine, 2h either ashkandi or wormbreaker

lava spine has crit..isn't that bad
90 Gnome Warlock
Akirus the Worm-Breaker
lava spine
Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood

or something else?

Depends on if you're 2H or DW.

Crit isn't a good secondary for either, but mastery and expertise on the worm-breaker makes for a lot of wiggle room with reforging. Soul Blade is the best pre-heroic raid BiS for DW, but lava spine isn't too far off from it.

Ashkandi, well, if you're asking what's better between it and the worm breaker there's a good chance that you're not farming Nefarion in either form, but Ashkandi's better high end damage range is superior to Akirus' even if the secondaries aren't as good over all.
85 Tauren Death Knight
Akirus the Worm-Breaker
lava spine
Reclaimed Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood

or something else?

Depends on if you're 2H or DW.

Crit isn't a good secondary for either, but mastery and expertise on the worm-breaker makes for a lot of wiggle room with reforging. Soul Blade is the best pre-heroic raid BiS for DW, but lava spine isn't too far off from it.

Ashkandi, well, if you're asking what's better between it and the worm breaker there's a good chance that you're not farming Nefarion in either form, but Ashkandi's better high end damage range is superior to Akirus' even if the secondaries aren't as good over all.

so assume..i can get any of the 3 and have flexibility choosing dw or 2H frost DPS......which one would you recommand?
85 Goblin Death Knight
Ashkandi
Or
Zin'rokh

Tried DW for a while and just found myself to perform better with 2H. I have less wasted GCD's due to MotFW. I'm the only DK out of 4 frosts in my guild who does 2H still and consistently outdps the others. The ilvl discrepancy is about 1-2 but the dps gaps are larger than they should be if we l had 2H.

Now I haven't done constant testing by having myself switch specs back and forth this is just a comparison between the DKs in my guild. In addition this is not to say they are bad, they are not. It is however my personal experience, Preference and comparison.

Hope this helps!
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/29/2011 06:26 PMPosted by Hawkz

Stormwake, the Tempest's Reach of the Faultline is a good call for a Main Hand.
85 Orc Death Knight
@ Yujiao

l2 reforge.

Stormwake, the Tempest's Reach of the Faultline is a good call for a Main Hand.

this is true, but in all our kills, not one has dropped :<

our loot so far is as follows
in 8 weeks of nef hm, no 2h
in 11 weeks of magmaw no 1h about 20 2hs (had 3 1hs drop about 12 weeks ago)
never had the str 1h drop from tfw ; / reg or heroic
Edited by Hawkz on 5/30/2011 3:50 AM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
Soul Blade is BiS pre-heroic for DW, but if you can get a Lava Spine before you get a Soul Blade it is fine. A little reforging makes it even better in the interim. For 2H Akirus is more than capable seeing as to how the better weapons are going to be more difficult to come by.
85 Tauren Death Knight
Ashkandi
Or
Zin'rokh

Tried DW for a while and just found myself to perform better with 2H. I have less wasted GCD's due to MotFW. I'm the only DK out of 4 frosts in my guild who does 2H still and consistently outdps the others. The ilvl discrepancy is about 1-2 but the dps gaps are larger than they should be if we l had 2H.

Now I haven't done constant testing by having myself switch specs back and forth this is just a comparison between the DKs in my guild. In addition this is not to say they are bad, they are not. It is however my personal experience, Preference and comparison.

Hope this helps!

thank you so much! then i will go with ashkandi i think.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I dual-wield a Lava Spine in my MH and a Soul Blade in my OH. Very good pair, IMO.
90 Human Death Knight
You already have DW Soul Blade, why would ya wanna change? The are clearly the superior weapon (provided you go on its graphical appearance). :)
85 Orc Death Knight
Ashkandi
Or
Zin'rokh

Hope this helps!

thank you so much! then i will go with ashkandi i think.

by the time you kill nef, firelands will be out and ashkandi will be outdated ; /
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm sorry I got here too late and wasn't able to stop every above response...
If you have DW Soul Blades then you're fine. If you want 2H out of preference, which is what I use personally, then Ashkandi MORE than beats everything else, there's no choice to make.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]