Will they reset Justice&Honor points in 4.2?

90 Orc Warrior
Hello Forums,
I haven't seen any information towards the reset on justice and honor points in the next patch, only about the transfer of conquest points to honor points and valor to justice.

So should I spend all of my honor&justice points?

Thanks, Skullstriker.
Reply Quote
They will not be reset. Valor gets converted to justice points, and justice points have nothing happen to them.

What happens to justice points post conversion that would fall above the 4k hardcap is uncertain at this time. So it may be worthwhile to spend any points that will put you over the 4k cap depending on what happens to points over the cap, but at this time since we don't know whats going to happen we can't really give anything other than educated guesses.
Edited by Snooptrogg on 6/6/2011 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They will not be reset. Valor gets converted to justice points, and justice points have nothing happen to them.

What happens to justice points post conversion that would fall above the 4k hardcap is uncertain at this time.

if it's anything like previous conversions, you'd get a limited time frame to spend the over-cap amount.

After that point, the amount over cap would be lost.
Reply Quote
15 Tauren Paladin
Same thing applies with Conquest points converting to honor...
Reply Quote

What happens to justice points post conversion that would fall above the 4k hardcap is uncertain at this time.

if it's anything like previous conversions, you'd get a limited time frame to spend the over-cap amount.

After that point, the amount over cap would be lost.

Could be, but there has never been a confirmation that there will be a softcap once again. Someone in the past linked a blue post that seemed to indicate the softcap over 4k was a one time thing and were using that to suggest that it was unlikely to happen again. But that was more educated guessing,

All we know is there could either be a softcap for a short duration, a conversion over cap to gold, or points will be lost. But for all we know blizzard could decide to covert all Jp over the 4k cap into Scroll of Spirit II. we have no idea as they have not confirmed one way or the other.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Will current Valor Point gear be available for justice points? And what will be benefit of running Heroics?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
06/06/2011 03:39 PMPosted by Shottgun
Will current Valor Point gear be available for justice points? And what will be benefit of running Heroics?
Current Valor gear will indeed be availlable for Justice Points when 4.2 drops.

There, there's your benefit for running Heroics. Points with which you can purchase epic gear.
Reply Quote
06/06/2011 03:39 PMPosted by Shottgun

Run heroics, buy t-12 gear with valor.
use JP to buy remaining t-11 items.
send 359 boe boots to alt who just hit 85.
Reply Quote
Are Conquest being converted to Honor ??
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/06/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Plott
Are Conquest being converted to Honor ??

Yes.

So, spend conquest and valor now if you want, save honor and justice points for after the patch.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
No, Justice isn't removed. You'd want to spend Valor before 4.2 hits if you're going to convert over the 4k cap.

We have a blog post planned that goes into it a bit more we'll be posting this week.
Reply Quote
Lo and behold, finally a blue post about this.

Although it is absolutely confusing.

How is anything about what he said confusing?

-Spend your valor if you're going to go over the 4k cap.

-There's a blog coming out later.

If you find that confusing, god help you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
How will Justice Points that exceed the 4k limit be handled? Previous discussions included excess points turning into gold or simply not being able to gain anymore Justice Points unless you drop below 4k limit, or will you simply lose anything that exceeds beyond the 4k limit?
Edited by Ovan on 6/6/2011 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus

06/06/2011 04:20 PMPosted by Nermel
How is anything about what he said confusing?

"Justice is not removed". OK so we are not losing justice, " if you're going to go over the 4k cap." so in fact once the valor is converted to justice it is being removed.

Not confusing at all....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lo and behold, finally a blue post about this.

Although it is absolutely confusing.

Yep, answered my biggest questions.

3000JP plus 2000VP equals 4000JP Since VP now buys the same gear as JP after 4.2.. you might as well spend that 2000 VP now.

My big fear was that they would convert current JP to gold.. which would suck since I am trying to get all 9 of my alts to 4000JP before the patch hits.

Also, expect to see a flood of VP boots on the AH when this is announced...
Edited by Adrena on 6/6/2011 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Sweet, so glad to finally know I'm boned for having 15k conquest points to do nothing with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]