Will they reset Justice&Honor points in 4.2?

90 Orc Rogue
What about those of us that have capped JP and not enough VP to get a T11 piece?

Well someone recommended waiting until night before patch day, buying 346 gear to cover your VP conversion, then logging. Log in after patch, purchase T11, and then sell back the 346 still within your two hour refund window to turn it around and buy more T11.

I'm mixed on this as 1) don't know if it'll work or 2) don't know if blizz has thought of this as a workaround for the cap or 3) don't know if Blizz considers this an exploit

I don't want the work I've done to be lost, but understand they don't want people grabbing a 4-piece T11 on patch day. At the same time, though, the only people that would be capable of doing that are the ones that have capped VP, which are the ones that have nothing to spend them on, so they don't even need the gear to begin with. That point is moot.

Just increase the cap temporarily, allow us to purchase what we can, and be done with it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
What about those of us that have capped JP and not enough VP to get a T11 piece?

Well someone recommended waiting until night before patch day, buying 346 gear to cover your VP conversion, then logging. Log in after patch, purchase T11, and then sell back the 346 still within your two hour refund window to turn it around and buy more T11.

I'm mixed on this as 1) don't know if it'll work or 2) don't know if blizz has thought of this as a workaround for the cap or 3) don't know if Blizz considers this an exploit

I don't want the work I've done to be lost, but understand they don't want people grabbing a 4-piece T11 on patch day. At the same time, though, the only people that would be capable of doing that are the ones that have capped VP, which are the ones that have nothing to spend them on, so they don't even need the gear to begin with. That point is moot.

Just increase the cap temporarily, allow us to purchase what we can, and be done with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if all gear purchased before the patch automatically get bound to you upon logging to prevent you buying items and selling them back right away.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So... you're going to get JP over the 4k cap?

No.

Then Honor should not be allowed over the 4k cap either.
They also shouldn't receive gold for points over 4k.

Quit catering to a small part of the community!!!!!!!

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 9 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 9 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562#blog">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562#blog</a>

And one other question is 4.2 being held up due to arena?
Edited by Blackgoddess on 6/7/2011 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue

I doubt it. Your using every system as intended, but just being smart about it. It's not an exploit.

Believe me, a LOT of people are finding interesting ways to "store" points, and a lot of them are very inventive. My idea is simply to just convert to Honor the night before, as a kinda "bank" for spill-over. 4.2 hits....you spend some JP's and then convert the rest of your Honor back to JP

:)

I'd thought of the JP honor conversion, too, but there's a pretty hefty loss doing it. The other problem of the method I suggested above is that we don't know if Blizz will either 1) remove the refund timer on 346 gear on patch day or 2) lower the overall refund price of the 346 gear (i.e buy for 2200 but can only get an 1100 refund).

Eagerly awaiting this blog post. . .
Edited by Sethanas on 6/7/2011 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
If they implemented all these safeguards for one night, that would prob really send the community into an even bigger clammer than it already is, over all of this.

Is it possible? Sure. Can I really see Bliz being this strict? Ehh....not really.

This. I really hope this. But if they're allowing workarounds to the conversion, why not just increase the cap for a week like we all know they are capable of doing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

"if you're going over the cap" - i.e your VALOR points that will put you over the Justice cap will not be converted. That's not a contradiction or confusing at all, if you have excess valor, you're going to lose that valor.

Then excess conquest should be lost also. Instead they favored the arenatards and are letting them go over cap for a week. Then paying them for excess points.

Seems more like a bribe to make an unpopular option look good.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 6/7/2011 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Dear Developers,

Please reconsider this. Please allow an excess of JP for one week. Also, please unlock the shoulder/head tokens. I would like to complete 4/4 on some of my other characters.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Well if they are giving conquest that is converted to honor over the cap a gold rate, i will assume that valor converted to JP over the cap will get the same treatment and likely the same price.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

1. There is no valor cap

2. Valor can be converted into BoE boots and sold. Assuming you sell the 1650 valor boots for around 5K (reasonable) that puts the value of Valor at 2.4g per valor. If Blizzard gives gold, it's going to obviously be for far less than the market rate, so no one is actually gaining anything by holding VP

3. I'm confused how people who have run Heroics since a few weeks into Cata came out and done some amount of raiding are "a small part of the community". Quite a few casual players I know had the 3 ~ 5 pieces of Valor gear they wanted months ago, why should they be screwed over to make people who have done no work happy?

1) No there isn't a cap but the also won't be raising the justice cap.

2) Tell ya what transfer to my mains server and pay 5k for the boots you'll have many takers. They sell for 1k if your lucky.

3) the arenatards are a small part, WoW would be better off without them.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 6/7/2011 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue

If you buy a piece of gear with Valor prior to the conversion, then log in after the conversion, my belief would be that the valor gear would now refund justice points, if it is refundable at all (which seems unlikely).

My point was buying 346 gear with JP night before the patch, not buying VP gear to refund. So you get the 346 gear with a two-hour refund window, log off, log in after the patch hits, buy up 4k worth of T11 with your JP, then refund the 346 items back and buy more Tier 11
Reply Quote
06/06/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Bashiok
So... you're going to get JP over the 4k cap?

No.

So, PvP points will convert and be allowed over the 4k cap, but PvE points will only convert up to the 4k cap... how is that fair?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]