Will they reset Justice&Honor points in 4.2?

100 Tauren Druid
I don´t get why people are upset about the JP cap staying a 4000. There really is no reason not to just buy the VP boots now and sell them while they still have some value. They are going for 4 or 5k now.... if you convert all your VP to JP and then buy the boots after 4.2, there is NO WAY they will be worth that much later. Same thing with ore, herbs and enchanting stuff... nothing you will buy with JP after 4.2 will come close to what you can get for the valor boots now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

So, PvP points will convert and be allowed over the 4k cap, but PvE points will only convert up to the 4k cap... how is that fair?

Not to mention they will be buying excess honor at 35s per point a week after the conversion.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
06/07/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Contingency

No.

So, PvP points will convert and be allowed over the 4k cap, but PvE points will only convert up to the 4k cap... how is that fair?

Pvp players need more hand holding otherwise their tears would drown out the world.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
06/07/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Adrena
I don´t get why people are upset about the JP cap staying a 4000. There really is no reason not to just buy the VP boots now and sell them while they still have some value. They are going for 4 or 5k now.... if you convert all your VP to JP and then buy the boots after 4.2, there is NO WAY they will be worth that much later. Same thing with ore, herbs and enchanting stuff... nothing you will buy with JP after 4.2 will come close to what you can get for the valor boots now.

Your statement assumes that people have nothing to buy with their valor points apart from things to sell. There's still quite a lot of folks that aren't in T11, and were saving both VP and JP to that end. People are upset because if they have capped JP and not enough VP to purchase something, they will have to either burn through their JP on useless junk that could otherwise be spent on T11 *the next day* or go through a method of converting the currency. They might not want to buy the boots.

The easiest solution is to simply increase the cap like they did when they converted to this system to begin with. Each content release, allow a cap increase for a week as a transitional period. So those of us that are in the middle somewhere aren't taking a loss on our work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/07/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Adrena
They are going for 4 or 5k now....

On your server maybe.

My server I see 5 or 6 people spamming trade trying to sell them for <2k every night. No one buys them because everyone has a ton of Valor.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
06/07/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Blackgoddess
They are going for 4 or 5k now....

On your server maybe.

My server I see 5 or 6 people spamming trade trying to sell them for <2k every night. No one buys them because everyone has a ton of Valor.

Yeah, i had the option to buya pair a few nights ago for 1k gold.

I passed, my alts don't need the boots, they need epic flying more.
Reply Quote

Not to mention they will be buying excess honor at 35s per point a week after the conversion.

I didnt see anything about this, happen to have a link handy?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
06/07/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Sethanas
People are upset because if they have capped JP and not enough VP to purchase something, they will have to either burn through their JP on useless junk that could otherwise be spent on T11 *the next day* or go through a method of converting the currency. They might not want to buy the boots.

Yeah pretty much this. Alts, or really casual players, are quite likely in the situation where they are capped on JP but only have 1000 or so VP, due to having run a few daily Heroics here and there but not raided. They don't have a "buy boots" option, their only choices are start playing a whole lot more than they have been to try to earn a t11 item with VP before 4.2, or else accept that they have to waste what for them is the primary currency on some junk like enchanting mats or lose it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

I didnt see anything about this, happen to have a link handy?

It's on the front page of the blog ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562#blog ). Relevant bits are:

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap
... snip ...
At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.

It's silly that PvE and PvP points are being handled differently, given that they're built to be so similar.
Edited by Tiganos on 6/7/2011 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It still says nothing in patch notes about Conquest or Honor points. Im not realy sure where ppl are getting info that Conquest are being converted to Honer
Reply Quote
99 Orc Warrior
OMFG, I GOT RESPONDED BY A GM!
This made my week!

I can put a check on my 'things that need to happen in my life' list.

Thanks! :D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
06/06/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Bashiok
So... you're going to get JP over the 4k cap?

No.

Too bad, but understand ...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/07/2011 03:14 PMPosted by Plott
It still says nothing in patch notes about Conquest or Honor points. Im not realy sure where ppl are getting info that Conquest are being converted to Honer

Another fine example of the type who think arena is good.

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562#blog

This link has been posted at least twice in this thread.

Reply Quote
Pretty nice how that isnt in the patch notes, but in another place all together since i uslay just BG and dont arena i would have never looked at thta thread TY. So i am assuming that new pvp gear will be comming out soon ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/07/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Plott
Pretty nice how that isnt in the patch notes, but in another place all together since i uslay just BG and dont arena i would have never looked at thta thread TY. So i am assuming that new pvp gear will be comming out soon ?

From the 4.2 patch notes.
All existing Valor Points in the Currency tab have been converted to Justice Points. Any points above the Justice Point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 47 silver per point and mailed to characters.

Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
No, Justice isn't removed. You'd want to spend Valor before 4.2 hits if you're going to convert over the 4k cap.

We have a blog post planned that goes into it a bit more we'll be posting this week.

So how about that blog post....coming on the weekend?
Edited by Snooptrogg on 6/10/2011 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
My bad for even mentioning a time frame. We decided to delay the blog because we feared people would expect that the patch would be coming next Tuesday if we posted it before then, rushing to spend their points unnecessarily, etc. etc.
Edited by Bashiok on 6/10/2011 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]