Will they reset Justice&Honor points in 4.2?

06/10/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
My bad for even mentioning a time frame. We decided to delay the blog because we feared people would expect that the patch would be coming next Tuesday if we posted it before then, rushing to spend their points unnecessarily, etc. etc.

What, you think people would read something incorrectly and overreact in the game and rage about on the forums?

Like that has ever happened...

o_O

OK, maybe a few times its happened...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
No, Justice isn't removed. You'd want to spend Valor before 4.2 hits if you're going to convert over the 4k cap.

We have a blog post planned that goes into it a bit more we'll be posting this week.

I have ~6k valor points and nothing to spend them on; I'm fully geared and as soon as I start advertising BoEs for sale, someone else shouts for 500g less because there's a lot of us in the same boat. Is there going to be any way to convert valor -> heirlooms/mats/justice prior to the 4.2 conversion? I'd really hate to be forced to shard relics to avoid the overflow when I'd much prefer heirlooms.
Edited by Aboroth on 6/10/2011 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
06/10/2011 06:14 PMPosted by Aboroth
I have ~6k valor points and nothing to spend them on; I'm fully geared and as soon as I start advertising BoEs for sale, someone else shouts for 500g less because there's a lot of us in the same boat. Is there going to be any way to convert valor -> heirlooms/mats/justice prior to the 4.2 conversion? I'd really hate to be forced to shard relics to avoid the overflow when I'd much prefer heirlooms.

While I see some shouting for 2k in trade for Valor Boots, I still have luck selling a random pair on the AH for 4-5k. Another thing I've been doing with my points is converting them to Conquest and buying the 365 PVP gear.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
nWc
My bad for even mentioning a time frame. We decided to delay the blog because we feared people would expect that the patch would be coming next Tuesday if we posted it before then, rushing to spend their points unnecessarily, etc. etc.

Just insert "tentative" before dates, time frames, etc. That's what my old code professor used to do on his syllabus. LOL

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
nWc
Here you go:

"No, Justice isn't removed. You'd want to spend Valor before 4.2 hits if you're going to convert over the 4k cap.

We have a blog post planned that goes into it a bit more we'll be posting this week (tentatively)."

Edited by Dolus on 6/10/2011 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
OMFG, I GOT RESPONDED BY A GM!
This made my week!

I can put a check on my 'things that need to happen in my life' list.

Thanks! :D

u might wanna rethink that

I hate to break the bad news but u didnt get responded by a GM. The Blues here are nothing more than CM's. Not GM's

And why do people get excited by that? Do people get excited when a customer service manager answers the phone when your satellite radio breaks?

I dont understand why people feel like they talked to someone famous when a blue responds. lol. It's no different than calling for help in ANY business.

Am I missing something that other WoW fans find fascinating?

Just be happy you got help.

Maybe they feel it's special because they look up to the people who help manage and create the games they love?
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
patch coming next Tuesday, etc.

YAY

Srs now

So you're holding out so people will assume it is coming the 21st...? Hmm.
Edited by Chrishánsen on 6/12/2011 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Err what about the conquest/honor points?

It's on the front page of the blog ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562#blog ). Relevant bits are:

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap
... snip ...
At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.

Edited by Bitterhope on 6/12/2011 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
So not point in getting justice heirlooms now if t-12 is gonna be in JP right?
Reply Quote
I have a request for Blizz - please leave us 980 VP when you do the conversion.

Here's my reasoning:
On the day before the patch you can run 7 ZA/ZG for 980 VP.
On the day of the patch you can run 7 ZA/ZG for 980 VP.

I understand the reason for the conversion is to slow down initial acquisition of the new VP gear, but in this case taking away the last 980 VP only delays people by 4-5 hours and adds to the aggravation people are already feeling over losing their hard-earned VP.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Are JP points going to be Reset on level 84 and below?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Will the hardcap for honor be raised? At the moment im honor cap and im saving my conquest points so they can roll over onto my honor. Will Conquest points reset or be pushed onto the honor is sorta what im asking here. :]
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/23/2011 08:59 AMPosted by Visìon
Will the hardcap for honor be raised? At the moment im honor cap and im saving my conquest points so they can roll over onto my honor. Will Conquest points reset or be pushed onto the honor is sorta what im asking here. :]

They'll be added to your honor. But it will not go over the cap and any additional honor will be converted to gold.

For instance, if you have 3000 CP and 3000 Honor when 4.2 hits all your CP will be turned into HP meaning you'll have 6000 Honor. But since the cap is 4000, 2000 of your honor will then be converted into gold and you'll end up with 4000 honor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]