How to defeat a rogue as hunter?

13 Tauren Druid
05/26/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Aliatril

Trinket the kidney, nothing else.

Bad thing about trinketing a kidney could be a full blind, allowing a rogue to re-stealth and sap without blowing a cool down to re-stealth.
not when the hunter has a pet.... dur dur dur
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Druid
it's easy for a hunter to beat rogues, even prior to level cap. If you're aware a rogue is around, and you generally can be aware of it(bg scoreboard), always keep their presence in the back of your mind and keep a fresh flare up. Don't stop to eat unless you have traps and flares up. Make a stealth catcher macro that is...

/targetenemy
/cast scatter shot

When you suspect a rogue is nearby run around aggressively, be aggressive with flare, and mash that macro and you shouldn't have alot of trouble catching them. If you catch a rogue you can roll them easy peasy. They get near you, feign death and trap. They trinket the trap, you scatter shot, disengage, keep concussive shot up and kite all day, keep a dot on them so they come out of vanish...even easier if you have a pet stun or pet disarm. Try to keep the fight around your flare so vanish isn't even usable for anything except snare removal. Obviously when when cloak of shadows comes into the equation, and deterrence, ect, things get a little more complicated. But as a lowbie, and at level cap, a hunter can spank rogues easy peasy.
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Druid
05/26/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Rasek
I always blind pets. I'm not sure what else to do with them if they're not sapped.
uh maybe pop combat readiness lol... since it only works on melee and has no effect on the hunter itself... Combat readiness + energetic recup = no damage from pet

are you serious?
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Druid
not when the hunter has a pet.... dur dur dur

Ok so the blind thing doesn't pertain to a hunter really. Although there are ways to glitch a pet out of combat after a blind. But as my edit states, trinketing the first kidney against a good rogue is death.
well you're wrong lol. A full kidney shot is time enough for a rogue to do devastating damage to a hunter, if not completely kill them. Having a pet is reason enough to trinket the kidney shot, because the rogue cannot restealth anyway, in a 1v1 scenario atleast.

You trinket the kidney shot, then you get full blinded, and the rogue stands there like a dummy waiting on the blind as your pet gnaws him up...as the blind ticks away, wasting the rogues time and HP, its also resetting essential cooldowns for the hunter to further screw the rogue with.

Reply Quote
13 Tauren Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/rasek/talent/primary

rasek... your spec hurts my eyes. Thus far in cata I have yet to see any rogue spec so poorly. Honestly you missed ALL of the good talents and picked up the stupid ones. Your spec literally makes no sense at all.

What benefit do you think there is to picking up enveloping shadows? Lol.
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Druid
well you're wrong lol. A full kidney shot is time enough for a rogue to do devastating damage to a hunter, if not completely kill them. Having a pet is reason enough to trinket the kidney shot, because the rogue cannot restealth anyway, in a 1v1 scenario atleast.

You trinket the kidney shot, then you get full blinded, and the rogue stands there like a dummy waiting on the blind as your pet gnaws him up...as the blind ticks away, wasting the rogues time and HP, its also resetting essential cooldowns for the hunter to further screw the rogue with.

Rogue has 2 re-stealths in a 1v1 scenario (IE Vanish)
Yes but if the hunter is smart there will always be a fresh flare at his feet.... and if the rogue full blinds a hunter then runs away from the flare to vanish he just wasted 2 essential cooldowns when he should've just used one.
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Druid
05/26/2011 05:38 PMPosted by Rasek
I don't even know what enveloping shadows is.

did you close your eyes when choosing your talents?
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Druid
Yes but if the hunter is smart there will always be a fresh flare at his feet.... and if the rogue full blinds a hunter then runs away from the flare to vanish he just wasted 2 essential cooldowns when he should've just used one.

So essentially you are relying on the rogue to be bad a try to vanish in a flare? I get big red text on my screen when I am sitting in a flare. Or you are relying on the rogue to vanish/blind? Bad rogues will blow cool downs like that recklessly. Only time a rogue should be doing stuff like that is to save a death.
Nah not relying on the rogue to be bad and vanish flare. I'm just saying in a 1v1 scenario eating a blind as a hunter is nothing major. If the rogue blinds a hunter, and then runs away to get out of flare he's not doing himself any favors really... Not to mention he could've just gouged and then vanish, ect
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]