Turalyon Compendium

85 Orc Death Knight
Please post any information you have regarding hints to what we will see in the future regarding Turalyon and also any related Alleria Windrunner info. I will start.

"We have every intention of dealing with that character (High-General Turalyon) in an epic and impossibly bold way, but we're still chewing on that one. But certainly we want to leverage him in a super and mega way." - Chris Metzen

"You're going to love it though." - Alex Afrasiabi

"Damn right!" - Chris Metzen

All quotes taken from the Blizzcon 2010 Warcraft Lore Q/A Panel.

I'd like to think he's working with the Titans ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Just as long as he's not neutral. He NEEDS to be die hard Alliance.

I don't want to work with Turalyon, I want to smash his skull in with my mace.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I dont think they are going to be able to reintroduce him again and make everyone happy. If he is a central character like Thrall is at the moment he basicly has to be at least somewhat neutral. If hes diehard Allaince they have to limit his importance in the over all story simply because they need some why to include the Horde in events too.

Its sort of a no win situation.

What Id like to know is what people would prefer. Him to have a less central role in events and be allaince only or be the center of events but make him neutral?
Reply Quote
I don't want to work with Turalyon, I want to get my ass kicked by the righteous reckoning of Turalyon and like it.

Fixed that for you.
Edited by Ainhin on 5/29/2011 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Just as long as he's not neutral. He NEEDS to be die hard Alliance.

I don't want to work with Turalyon, I want to smash his skull in with my mace.

Or at least die by his hand.

I am so sick of hugs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Turalyon seems to be the kind of level-headed but patriotic guy who could go neutral, but still make a point of telling Horde players that, once this is all over, he'll give them a five second head start before he goes all Patch 3.0 Retribution on their asses, and the rest of the Horde, until they are no longer a threat.

Alleria, however, would be more inclined to slaughter a Horde character than talk to one. I can't see her going "Tirion/Thrall" neutral, but rather "barely restrain herself from killing Horde while on neutral ground, but kicks Horde ass in the field" neutral.
Reply Quote
Alleria, however, would be more inclined to slaughter a Horde character than talk to one. I can't see her going "Tirion/Thrall" neutral, but rather "barely restrain herself from killing Horde while on neutral ground, but kicks Horde ass in the field" neutral.

If they're going to appear in a neutral area at all, they both need to be flagged as hostile to Horde, like Vereesa is in Dalaran.

All quotes taken from the Blizzcon 2010 Warcraft Lore Q/A Panel.

This doesn't mean as much as it did before Cataclysm, I'm afraid.
Edited by Ainhin on 5/29/2011 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The latest issue of WoW magazine has a picture of an elf guy; who kinda looks like Arator, on the "Next Issue" page. So maybe the next issue will give us some answers. Perhaps a new quest chain involving him continuing his search for his parents or something.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
http://www.wowpedia.org/Arator_the_Redeemer

I was only an infant when my father was deployed to this wasteland. All that I have ever known of him is what others have told me. Do your dreams change, <name>? Mine do not. I have one dream: A crimson skyline envelops me as Legion, numbering beyond comprehension, battle in the distance. I kneel before the body of a man, presumably my father, and weep. As he is gasping for air, his body wholly crushed, he whispers something. Despite every effort, I am unable to hear what he is trying to tell me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/29/2011 08:09 AMPosted by Dhanik
If he goes Neutral, I will go on a killing rampage and slaughter Horde towns left and right on my server.

Even though I'm on a different server, can I join you?
Reply Quote
We shall slaughter Horde towns left and right.
Reply Quote
Dude's going to be neutral like Malfurion and his wife.
Edited by Areh on 5/29/2011 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/29/2011 08:09 AMPosted by Dhanik
If he goes Neutral, I will go on a killing rampage and slaughter Horde towns left and right on my server.

It's all so clear to me now. That's why these small towns and outposts all have 85 guards that can one-shot you. They're preparing for Turalyon's return...as a neutral.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Somehow it wouldnt surprise me.

I bet every pro-Alliance poster would either rage-quit the game altogether or prepare for the pointles mass slaughter of NPC wich will only temporarly inconvience Horde players. *sigh*
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

"We have every intention of dealing with that character (High-General Turalyon) in an epic and impossibly bold way, but we're still chewing on that one. But certainly we want to leverage him in a super and mega way." - Chris Metzen

No...
05/29/2011 12:52 AMPosted by Saggins
"We have every intention

NO...
(High-General Turalyon) in an epic and impossibly bold way,

NO...
But certainly we want to leverage him in a super and mega way." - Chris Metzen

NO...
- Chris Metzen

NO, GOD, WHY...
High-General Turalyon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

*flails about*

I seriously don't understand why people want this guy back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
But they were also making jokes about him and Alleria....

TWO YEARS AGO!

But yeah, if he ever makes a re-appearance, he'll be going neutral.

1) He's a paladin. Paladin's are always about the Greater Good. Every single big paladin we have seen have gone neutral. You have an entire organization of neutral paladins. The Silver Hand is dead. The only paladin organization that seems to remain non-neutral are the Blood Knights, but give them time, they'll go neutral in the end.

2) Alleria has an intense hatred of orcs, will be interesting to see what she thinks of Sylvanas since Valeria seems to be very okay with her current condition. Or isn't... she gets one throwaway line in NotD. But considering how much she hates the orcs, I really doubt that she is going to be asking for their help- unless it's for the Greater Good.

GREATER GOOD triumphs EVERYTHING.

So count on Turalyon being neutral. Blizz wouldn't have it any other way.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
05/29/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Dawnsrequiem
1) He's a paladin. Paladin's are always about the Greater Good. Every single big paladin we have seen have gone neutral. You have an entire organization of neutral paladins. The Silver Hand is dead. The only paladin organization that seems to remain non-neutral are the Blood Knights, but give them time, they'll go neutral in the end.
Except for the quests that tell us that the Silver Hand is still active in the Alliance.

Finally! We meet face to face, brother to <brother/sister>. I welcome you to Northshire. This will be your home for a short time while you learn the ins and outs of how things are done, but know that Stormwind is not far off, and sooner or later, your path will take you there. But until then, be patient... Knight of the Silver Hand.

And I wouldn't rage-quit if Turalyon became neutral.

I think the only thing that would cause me to rage-quit would be Danath becoming neutral, dieing and going Forsaken, or the Forsaken getting Stromgarde.
Edited by Erthad on 5/29/2011 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
Alleria's going to go neutral. Not for the greater good but because the writers of Blizz don't know how to keep a character consistent. She hated Orcs? Ya'll better get used to the idea that she doesn't anymore! :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]