[A]<GNB> Recruiting Healer and Rogue - 8/13HM

HIGH AND IMMEDIATE DEMAND:
Rogue (might entertain a really solid ret pally or fury warrior)
H-Pally or other comparable healer

A little about Goliath National Bank:
We were created about 5 months ago, the officer core are real life friends that have been raiding and/or guild leading for the last 3 years. The officership has extensive experience in high end and hard mode raiding, including top 10 US kills. Goliath National Bank is what I like to call a "casual-hardcore" guild. What does this mean?

A casual-hardcore guild is one that doesn't necessarily have an attendance policy, though we expect you to show up as much as possible since you are joining to raid, but if real life happens we understand, just let us know if you can't make a raid. However, when we do raid, we expect exceptional performance. We want raiders that learn from mistakes and take raiding seriously. Proper gems/enchants/specs/etc are required. We also have a pretty relaxed atmosphere in raid and want players that are chill, relaxed, and can take a joke. This guild is not PG-13.

Raid Times:
Tues/Thurs/Mon 6-9:30 server time (PST)

If you're interested in joining our ranks, put up an application: gnb.guildlaunch.com or conversely you could talk to an officer in game, either myself, sheft, or fuoco. Feel free to post any questions here as well.
Edited by Irylath on 6/20/2011 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I could bring my mage over... lol
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
05/31/2011 09:59 PMPosted by Irylath
This guild is not PG-13

Is it PG? or maybe G? Apparently PG movies are allowed to contain some profanity, nudity and violence, which is news to me.

I dunno of it's just a rumor that you're allowed one f%*@% in a PG-13 movie before they have to bump up the rating, but it seems like holding a guild to that standard would be hard. how do you go weeks, months, or years without people collectively saying f%*@% more than once? And how do you decide how to use your one f%*@%, because it seems like you'd want to save it for a special occasion. If you rate your guild using the MPAA system at all, and especially if you rate it PG-13, you're probably pretty bad, so maybe the 217th wipe on [insert whatever boss bad guilds are stuck on here, can you tell i haven't played for two years?] isn't the best way to spend it. maybe to commemorate a special milestone, like when you pug the thousandth person out of trade chat to fill your raid group.

or does it work like you only get one f%*@% per ~2hrs, or what's the time period? Even then it would be pretty hard to know when the right time to use it was. I mean, granted in the 6 hours you might wait for your unreliable raid group to be online all at once on raid night, it might be easy to use up those three, but how many times an hour do you think you think the average bad realizes they spend half their life on this game and still suck at it?
Edited by Keydoglogger on 6/2/2011 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To clarify we're an R rated guild.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously.

Would you say you were rated "R - Restricted: Children Under 17 Require Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian" by the Motion Picture Association of America for one particular reason on that list, or just a combination of all of them? And what makes you so certain that you haven't earned the dreaded "NC-17 - No One 17 and Under Admitted" rating?

An NC-17 rating can be based on violence, sex, aberrational behavior, drug abuse or any other element that most parents would consider too strong and therefore off-limits for viewing by their children
Reply Quote
06/05/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Keydoglogger
And what makes you so certain that you haven't earned the dreaded "NC-17 - No One 17 and Under Admitted" rating?

I haven't posted my nudes... yet...
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
boring
Reply Quote
Recruitment closed... I think you'll get along really well with the new mage we picked up Keydog.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Letter you're looking for is "M - for Mature".

BTW, Alliance sucks.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
you can't just switch from MPAA to ESRB rating systems. there's no sensible overlap. NO SENSIBLE OVERLAP!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Isn't MPAA only for movies and stuff?
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Rogue
yes, and while ESRB is just for games, but here's a fun little tidbit from the ESRB rating for wow

"online content not rated"

so

stick that in a hole and shovel it
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
It's not just for wow, but any kind of multiplayer game can have "Experience may change during online play" - which basically reads - "Proper grammar and morals will be all but forsaken during online play. Specially if on XBL!"
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
the internet is a place for intellectual discourse
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
the internet is a place for intellectual disorders

Fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
We're recruiting again, we want to try and get people up to speed before firelands if possible, we need some really solid caliber players because you'll have some big shoes to fill. Apply online at gnb.guildlaunch.com (and yes, again we are working on a newer website, it should be live around the time firelands hits).
Reply Quote
the internet is a place for intellectual intercourse

wait what
Reply Quote
H-Omnitron down, 8/13HM now.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I think we're still looking for a healer. We're set on priests, but a shaman or paladin would be pretty cool.

So would a druid I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]