Airplane Mount

90 Worgen Hunter
I think it would be neat to see a multi passenger airplane mount in wow similar to the one in that quest "assault by air" although the model could be modified to accomadate vertical takeoff and hovering like something you would see in the V-22 osprey that the military uses. As for a strictly engineering mount only I think it would be a good idea instead to make it so that it takes parts from blacksmithing and leatherworking and a few other professions for example so that others can make profit off its construction ie prop blades and engine cowlings, leather seats and other miscellaneous items and then only engineers can put it all together for whatever price they ask for. As for the price of the plane itself I remember when I purchased the Mammoth mount with the two "slaves" I thought 18,000 was pretty hard to get to but it gave me something to work toward I think it should cost about 40 to 50,000 gold which for something so epic seems reasonable or you could sell it in the online store and make a killing that way. Being a bush pilot in training this would be a dream come true for me but its only my two cents in a sea of 11 million or so... we'll see what happens.

Cheers!

Reply Quote
You're confusing the realm forums for a suggestion forum.

Best off posing here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I agree! A Engineer airplane mount would be amazing! The helicopter is getting old for me and a multi-passenger plane would make me want to play more!
Reply Quote
I think you can fly a bomber at Ironforge air field,my favorite quest!
Reply Quote
P.S.it is 2 seat
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm not saying that the mount itself would be bad.
BUT...!
something you would see in the V-22 osprey

For me, personally, I'd prefer to keep the 'technology' to a minimum in this particular Fantasy Game. I mean, maybe it's just me but in the world of Elves, Orcs...and riding great Beasts for mounts...too much technology seems weird. The Choppers, Helicopters, Rockets and the little car that the Goblins get are way past enough for me.

I get that they go with the crazy gnome/goblin/engineer thing...but it just feels like we have already crossed that fine line.

Just my 2cents.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Im going to agree with Ninsianna on this.

While an airplane mount like that WOULD be amazing and useful, it diminishes the Mideval Fantasy i've always associated with this game. Knights riding on armored steeds to battle is going to feel notably less epic when a plane full of gnomes flies over and they all parachute to the ground, weapons blazing.

And like Nin said, all the engineering inventions are pushing it. I mean, i love riding around on my chopper, but this isn't a game about engineering/aviation whatever. I'd like it if inventions had been kept more of a steam-punk style, and i would like to see more future ones be that way.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
this game is about medieval fantasy, you see, *conveniently ignores all of burning crusade*

id rather argue that something like an airplane mount just wouldnt make sense for a player to have, since they're an adventurer out running around, not a travel service
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Y u bumb dead thread?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
When I refer to things like the V22 osprey what I mean is characteristics such as the ability to hover for animation purposes. So like the turbo charged flying machine which has vertical tilt engines for when you stop and then they revert horizontally when you actually go forward, for instance take the bomber from the quest "assault by air" you have something like that which can be re-skinned and made to look a little more "steampunk" or garage built instead of looking like it came off an assembly line. Then depending on how big the craft is you can have two passengers sitting in the back side by side or hell just have an animation where they are tied onto the wings while you fly. Instead of leaving the engines in their forward position when you stop they could tilt upright and the craft could hover and stall out or make sputtering sounds until you go forward and there you go. You could even scale down the plane so it's the size of the one you ride to get to the twilight highlands...

As for the medieval fantasy aspect I'd agree if the alliance didn't have a hovering flying boat with cannons and the horde didn't have their super armored blimp. Also if I'm not mistaken the references blizzard has made in the lore point to all life on azeroth coming from "alien-titan" technology so I don't see any big issues for progression in the game as far as craftable mounts go. I do agree though that any mounts in the future that are similar to this should have a steam punk garage built "I think I want to fly today" feel to their design. Which brings me to my next point to have a mecha-gnome riding in the back that you can get repairs from cause when you're bush flying it's only a matter of when you're gonna crash not if ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
People still ask me where to get the pattern for Mimirons Head -_-
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I totally agree but there should be a limit on the technological features of it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ffs stop necroing threads
Reply Quote
AN CORP

This is not a medieval fantasy game. It is Azeroth, not earth. It has it's own lore outside damsels, castles, goats and pillaging.

Don't tase me bro.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I believe Blizz is striving for a balance of Fantasy and Sci-fi rather that putting one in favor of the other. This said, though it may seem like there is a lot of technological advancement with Robots, Lasers and Rockets, there is still significantly more tangibility in terms of quests, items, lore, etc. which is fantasy-based. I wouldn't mind seeing the two become more intertwined.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]