1) When you call your ram or wolf riders, *then* is the time to pop your shredders. You want the most force behind your pushes, all at once. Summon Ivus or Lok'holar to keep your enemies distracted. Only after they have drained the enemy forces should you push ahead with your Ram/Wolves and summon the shredders.
2) Don't get Captain Ryson's All Seeing Eye unless you know what you're going to do with your track humanoids buff. Get it with a purpose. A 5 man group with this buff is much better prepared to take on a tower/bunker than one without, so don't waste time if you don't have a plan.
3) Minefields - use these to LOS melee, in a sense.
4) Don't spend *too* much time picking the icecap and mining thorium, but if you have some spare time while guarding a node, it's a decent way to get your repair costs covered.
5) Harpies in the caves are great spots to farm runecloth. Again, don't spend too much time there, but every once in a while it's a nice break to help you level your first aid.
6) Snowballs and The Unstoppable Force. Both of these are great for knockbacks. You can use snowballs to knock back afk'ers out of your tunnel entrance. The Unstoppable force, for those who have exalted rep in AV, is great for knocking your enemies off the bridge near Dun Baldur. The 30 seconds it will take for your enemies to run back up the hill is as good as killing them.
7) Kite Korrak to your guards. Your team's guards are there to help you, so let them. A single warlock is enough to kite the blood rager, so let him work for his raid spot so you can claim the most strategic graveyard - snowfall.
I hope this is a very helpful list and finds its way into the WoW magazine so that new players can start learning these important strategies.