Alterac Valley - WoW Magazine

For Horde one of the best ways to win is to defend Galv and then turtle in that general area with the bulk of the group while having everyone else defend towers should anyone get by.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
The way to win Alterac Valley is to get Blizzard's developers to fix Alterac Valley by doing the following:

1. Remove Ivus the Forest Lord and Lokholar the Ice Lord. Why are they still there? In the rare event they're summoned, they take 10 minutes before they do anything. Why? The battle is over by then!
2. Remove harpy cave. Why is it there?
3. Remove those cave quests where you collect a bunch of crates and turn them in. Seriously, what purpose do those serve? Why are those quests still there?

I haven't yet found a strategy on how to get Blizzard to do those things. If anybody knows, I'd love to know.
Edited by Geadum on 6/7/2011 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
AV is a large BG wit h lots to do, it requires both Teamwork, and individual work.

all it takes is one person to recap a tower, steal a mine, or grab a graveyard. Change your plan up every game, trying the same thing every game is a sure way to lose, every game.

If Horde always Defend Galv, and Alliance always Rush Drek, the game will end the same way every time.

always change your gameplay, always try new plans, just because it worked last game doesnt' mean it won't work this game.
Paper will always beat rock, so why would you keep trying rock?

And yea, Starcraft 2 is what taught me this.
Edited by Felstalker on 6/7/2011 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
AV is a joke and I can't believe Blizzard is even asking this question. It's a zerg fest and until the old AV design is brought back I will never ever go back.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
WOPR - "The only winning strategy is not to play"
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
Horde - One half defend Galv, the other half kill Bal. North force pushes for towers and graveyards (never take Snowfall except if you have no other north graveyard). South force backcaps towers and defends base (just use AV trinket).

Sadly this map is a bit weird since the original quests and creature summons aren't viable anymore. This was a cool part of the original AV, and it's lost in the modern translation to make AV more like fast food. Would like to see a revision.

Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Read these!
Peeling the Onion The Frostwolf Artichoke
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Tell us how you win Alterac Valley! World of Warcraft Official Magazine is looking for player tips and tricks for achieving a victory.

If chosen your name and text could appear in a future issue of the Official World of Warcraft Magazine.
is not AV any more, theres no more use in ivus or generals or mines or any of the fun things you first implemented that are useless now.

Give us the option of joinin an OLD av battle
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
There is only one tactic.

DO NOT, cap FWGY before RH. It's gamebreaking.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm grinding this for Battlemaster....I want to tear my eyes out every time I see more than 30 people pass Galv without turning left. Insta loss basically.

Horde has to D in order to win and it takes 30 mins.
Alliance zergs to the boss 6 mins.

This used to be my favorite BG but now it's my second least favorite. (Second only to Strand of the Ancients)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Glad to see this is more important than all of the issues with PvP right now.

Take towers with a boomkin or 2 in each one, recap bunkers, gg.
Edited by Murder on 6/8/2011 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
" I Would say Rush to kill the opposing teams leader and after 3 tries of trying to get the leader i would just leave it at that and go capture bases, but it ultimately always comes down to team work as they say in my guild fight as one win as one!!
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Warrior
Old AV... Ivus...
new AV... zerg drek, or get wiped at galv...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
fix AV

make it epic again

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
The only way to win Alterac Valley is to not play Alterac Valley.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]