Fury Warrior Workshop

100 Orc Warrior
I mentioned in my Raiding 101 topic that I planned on doing class specific workshops. Obviously a fury warrior workshop is the easiest one for me to start off with.

I'll start with all the basics of a fur warrior. What your rotation, itemization, spec, etc should be. Then I will begin to talk about the specifics that help you take your dps to the next lvl. Huge numbers don't magically happen. They come from a detailed understanding of your rotation and all the possible ways for it to go together.

Fury warriors have never had a better rotation than we have right now. It is no longer just a basic 123 rotation. Instead it is very situation based, with many procs causing you to change up the game plan to milk out a little more damage.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. If you want to take some time to learn about playing a fury warrior please check out one of the workshops. Hope to see you there.

Horde: June 13th @ 5pm server
Alliance: June 20th @ 5pm server

(If you're unable to make one of those times, feel free to hit me up in game and I'll work out a time to sit down with you.)

--------------------------------------
One things I plan on doing is letting you copy the tracking system I've made for myself and using that as a way of explaining the details. Please download the following mods from wow.curse.com if you plan on coming to the Fury Workshop. You don't need to figure out how to use them, I will explain everything at the workshop.
Power Auras Classic
Watcher
Ragebar
Edited by Colosie on 6/7/2011 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
power auras sucks . . . WAY too many lua errors
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Debuff filter might be an alternative
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
You can use whatever mods you want in your stuff.

Anyone that comes to my workshop needs to bring the ones listed since those will be the materials I use to explain the different aspects of tracking and how to put them together. I won't simply list the things to track, I'll attempt to explain different ways of tracking without having to actually stare at something. Peripheral indicators, sounds, etc.

In the end there are many ways to track and yours is your preference, but for the sake of showing several people at once exactly what I'm talking about in vent, I need everyone to be looking at the same thing.

@ Gimme. Not sure if it is your comp or you're use to an old version of POWA, but I have yet to get an error in the last few months. As always, thank you for your bumpage via trolling. It saves me some trouble :)
Edited by Colosie on 6/8/2011 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
What does watcher even do, never even heard of it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
arms>fury.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
06/09/2011 05:13 AMPosted by Undignifiedd
arms>fury.

Warrior=arms+fury+prot

If you just know how to play one spec you're only playing part of your class.

Obviously though our focus is damage since that is our job. Arms does pull better numbers on some fights, but not all of them so I would argue our goal should be damage output regardless of what spec this means using.

Also, the damage potential of arms, tg, smf changes from patch to patch. With firelands likely being released soon, I'd imagine we'll see some fluctuation between the specs.

I'll admit though that this is something I'm working on. Getting back into dps I focused fury and left arms on the side. Not anymore.

Having so many specs available gives us plenty of places to run from the nerf bat.
Edited by Colosie on 6/9/2011 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
you have to much time on your hands
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
06/10/2011 12:59 AMPosted by Flyingbutter
you have to much time on your hands

Oddly enough I have very little time. I just juggle a million things at once.

Butter you should come to the workshop so I know I've got someone on the alliance side showing up lol. No but seriously I can offer some advice and tips. Like your fury spec for example should be 3/3 deep wounds and 2/3 incite. Plus tons of stuff about maxing rotations and tracking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
if im on ill go, damn your kindness
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2661296184 wrong link before sorry about anyone that loves dogs
Edited by Foaming on 6/10/2011 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Just saying.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/Valiona_&_Theralion/25N/Fury_Warrior/

This is after many many hours on the target dummies trying to fine tune all the information I plan on passing along in my workshop.

#Edit: As pointed out this is a 25 man normal fight, not a heroic. So there are other warriors out there capable of pulling more dps. If you change 25N to 25H in the link, it will show you heroic mode.
-----
We did normal mode because we're trying to push and get cho'gall and sinestra down heroic in the next couple weeks and decided not to go through the hour it would have taken us to do VT heroic without our rogues.
Edited by Colosie on 6/12/2011 6:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Just saying.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/Valiona_&_Theralion/25N/Fury_Warrior/

Dat normal mode!
Edited by Notpapz on 6/11/2011 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by linking that normal mode kill when any respectable warrior with heroic gear won't ever step foot into normal mode so they obviously can't have their numbers logged for normal mode. Well now I kind of wish my guild would do a normal 25 man V/T so I could blow that out of the water, but we, like the rest of those guilds, stick to heroic mode.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Lol wrath you make me laugh.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Okay then explain why on heroic 25 mode, a mode which takes significantly longer and more target switching (as you know), people have 2k higher than on your normal mode?

Fury burst is hard.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
No you make me laugh because of your response.

Your actions look very similar to all those transfers that attack what is being done on SH for no reason. Putting us in our rightful place lest we start to think we are good. You're better than that bro. I hope you don't go down that road.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, all flaming set aside.

I've spent alot of time on the dummies preparing for this workshop because I want to be able to hand you guys the best information possible to help you learn fury. Hope to see you there!
Edited by Colosie on 6/12/2011 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Delete
Edited by Adelora on 6/18/2011 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
If i recall, you wrongfully attacked Wrath. So you pretty much deserve anything he throws at you, sarcastic or not. Colosie-sama.

also dont say, "You're better than that bro"

"I'm sure that seems harsh but you're forgetting that none of us really have a history with you."

- Colosie-sama to WoH.

Don't be fake on forums to save face.
I'd copy/paste the whole rant but i know the post would get deleted.

Lolol. Anyway, Please continue.
Edited by Viktavious on 6/12/2011 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]