delicious chocolate cake

90 Tauren Warrior
i been doing shatt and dall cooking and fishing dailies for 4 months now have every recipe and the cooking hat plus like 60 cooking awards and still no cake any suggestion it is bad that i havent gotten it yet
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's a really low drop chance. You could go four years and never get it, you could get it tomorrow. It's luck of the dice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
sorry the recipe has not yet dropped for you, of my characters some got within days, others months and at least 1 it was near a year before the rec finally dropped. The recipe drops unfortunately are totally random so it can take time, keep doing them, one day you will open you're bag and then nearly fall out of you're chair when its there like I did.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
by the time i get it u will need more for the title lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
can it drop with the org fishing dailies like it can with the dal fishing
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/26/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's a really low drop chance. You could go four years and never get it, you could get it tomorrow. It's luck of the dice.

Yes, it is really luck of the dice to loot this recipe after you turn in your cooking daily. I remember going for this particular recipe for quite some time before I got it on my character.

Hopefully though, you'll get it on your character you want to have it on and then you can make that delicious, scrumptious, Chocolate Cake! With the achievement that comes with it of course. =)

Make sure to send some cake my way though. I love cake! =)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
05/26/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Bashiok

This. I got it within my first serveral tries. Others I know have tried for years.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/26/2011 02:11 PMPosted by Junglerot

Chocolate Cake comes from the cooking dailies, not the fishing dailies, so no. You can get it from either Dalaran or Shattner cooking though.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Death Knight
05/26/2011 02:11 PMPosted by Junglerot

According to wowhead, no, and it doesn't even have a chance to be in the Dal fishing bag.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Chocolate Cake comes from the cooking dailies, not the fishing dailies, so no. You can get it from either Dalaran or Shattner cooking though.

Yes, this is correct. You can only get the "Delicious Chocolate Cake" recipe from the cooking dailies in Shattrath and Dalaran. The fishing dailies drop only rare stuff like fishing poles such as Jeweled Fishing Pole among other nice goodies. =)

Only cooking thing that really drops from fishing is a quest from Waterlogged Recipe that rewards a handful of Dalaran Cooking Award that you can turn in at the cooking vendor in Dalaran for cooking recipes.
Edited by Teloraelin on 5/26/2011 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
iu got it from fishinbg daily in dall monsterbelly apitite
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd also recommend sticking to the Crate of Meat reward from the Shattrath Daily. It has a much higher chance of dropping from that than from the Barrel of Fish reward.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
The cake is a lie!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/26/2011 02:40 PMPosted by Biral
I'd also recommend sticking to the Crate of Meat reward from the Shattrath Daily. It has a much higher chance of dropping from that than from the Barrel of Fish reward.

Yup, This is very true as well. This is how I got my recipe for this cake. The Barrel of Fish reward usually has fish in it and some other worthless junk that normally gets vendored.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Wow, I got really lucky it seems.

Not sure if ever did Shattrath cooking/fishing dailies on this toon, but I did max out cooking and am working on fishing, so I was looking to get some of the related achievements.

Went to Shattrath, very first cooking quest turn-in, I got it. I was pretty excited because during Children's Week, I saw cakes in the AH for about 100G - of course, I did not pay that, I just got the mats and sent to a friend that had the recipe already. But now I will be able to make it for friends and alts!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
When the cooking dailies first started in BC, I got mine within a few days. Then had to listen to my buddy complain every day until he got it...9 months later. At least I didn't have to hear it for four years. =P

Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
DOM
The RNG argument is true and misleading at the same time -- such are all discussions about statistics.

If something had a 99% chance to drop and you did it every day you STILL could not encounter it in 4 years. I'm personally going after a sword from Drakkisath and I've killed him over 170 times, gotten 7 Felstrikers from Rend and 0 drops of the sword. They have the same drop rate.
"RNG" is little consolation for someone who is on a streak almost as unlikely as it dropping the next time:
.98^170 = .03
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I don't understand why the cake recipe can't be obtained through the Azeroth dailies--it could easily be a really rare drop from Crate of Tasty Meat. As it is, there's not much use for the Azeroth tokens once you've got all the recipes, so I've stopped doing the Azeroth dailies for the most part.

Even if it had a really low drop chance, getting to roll the dice again can't hurt.

The only reason I can come up with is that they want to keep the rare recipes out of the hands of low level players, but... why?

(And yes, I might be a bit bitter about having to trudge out to Dalaran and Shattrath every dang day)
Edited by Tiganos on 5/26/2011 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I had been trying for it ever since it came out and finally got it last month, it all comes down to luck :)
Edited by Symbiotik on 5/26/2011 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]