Armor Sets - WoW Magazine

85 Troll Priest
T6 priesty :) still need two badges.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Warrior, rogue, warlock, shaman, hunter and priest tier 6. Re-hire / put the designers behind those sets back into action for t13 and on.

Grats t12 people, you can put fire on gear now give me something that looks good without the fire as well. Also, whoever thought lets make s4/t9 look alike for armor sets should be fired immediately.

Follow up question, where is my Moose?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Druid Tier 1, but with Tier 2 headpiece.

Took me a while to earn it all and this was back when having Tier items made you look accomplished and unique. Back when you would inspect a character just to see what they're wearing.

Tier 2 headpiece because it dropped off Ragnaros... it was the finisher in accomplishment in MC before BWL came out.

Tier 1 and tier 2 really matched the theme of the classes in general too. You could tell from a far someone in full tier gear is a Druid or a Paladin or a Shaman, etc. Tier 12, to continue the Druid example... just doesn't look like something a Druid would wear. Concepts for the headpieces were much more simple (and therefore better looking) with the earlier tiers. Tier 2 Druid helm was large, but the concept was simple... Fantasy or not, what is that on the head of Tier 12 Druid and why would it be balanced there?

I also really liked the Tier 10 Shaman set. Though it didn't really fit the class, the animated animals on the shoulders topped it off nicely (animals are a druid thing - shaman should have had fire elementals or something); the animations were frequent enough to be noticeable... infrequent and transparent enough to not be distracting. Good set.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
My three favorite sets were the Hunter's T2 (Dragonstalker), T6 (Gronnstalker), and T11 (Lightning-Charged Battle Gear).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Mage tier 3 (Frostfire) was definitely my favorite set. It was always the set that I could never have. My guild didn't get into Naxxaramas in time for the expansion into Outland, and we never looked back. I still want it to this day on my mage, but I can't even go back to get it like you can with any other tier because the level sixty version of Naxxaramas is no longer.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
The original frostfire was easily the best eye candy, props to the art guys on that one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Warlock t8. Putress is my hero!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]