Beginning a guild bank

(Locked)

24 Human Hunter
How do I purchase my first guild bank tab? I went to up to the guild bank in Stormwind and I see all the purchasable tabs. All say unavailable, unlike in the personal bank where the next tab in line has a price on it.

I checked the bankers and the guild NPC's for good measure, but none of them mention the guild bank.

Any help is appreciated.
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Um... is this your guild? Or is it a guild you were invited to? If it's your own guild, you should be given the first bank tab automatically. Any more than that, you have to pay for, and that is accomplished by clicking the plus tab on the right side of the guild bank page if you're the guild leader.

If it's not your guild, then unavailable means you have not been granted permission by the guild leader/officers to view those guild tabs. That is up to them, not you.
24 Human Hunter
Yes, it is mine. Brand new. I got the charter filled, went and created the tabard, bought it, set my guild info and listed myself in the Guild Finder, then ran over to the bank.

What you say makes sense, except that it is not working. I tried to place something in what I assumed was a default tab and it said 'Cannot find item' and 'Bank tab is full' (it was a piece of wool cloth, as my first attempt was a soulbound item.)

I may try a full logout and refresh. I had an issue yesterday with a quest giver not showing up until I did that. I'll let you guys know.

**EDIT** My findings:
I figured it out. There is no default bank tab as the first one costs 100g. It is purchased, however, under Guild Controls. In the dropdown where you create new ranks and give rank permissions is one last option: BankTab Permissions. That is where you purchase the first tab.
Edited by Toretto on 5/30/2011 3:43 PM PDT
64 Tauren Death Knight
As you've listed your guild in the guild finder, i'll assume this isn't a "personal" guild bank.

Make sure that when you set ranks, the lowest rank has zero bank access.

..this is more of a security measure, just so that if someones account gets compromised, you can demote them and keep the bank contents safe without having to remove them from the guild.

Personally, I'd leave everyone on zero access until a certain level of trust is built.
(but that's just me, i read too many WoW horror stories of guild bank theft)

88 Dwarf Paladin
I ran into this problem using Bagnon addon. If you have Bagnon, disable it and then reload and you should have access to purchase the first guild tab. Any time Bagnon is enabled, it prevents you from purchasing further guild tabs.
85 Tauren Druid
I ran into this problem using Bagnon addon. If you have Bagnon, disable it and then reload and you should have access to purchase the first guild tab. Any time Bagnon is enabled, it prevents you from purchasing further guild tabs.

Considering this person encountered the problem in MAY I would assume they've fixed it by now.

And the OP's 2nd post does reflect that they figured it out.
20 Human Priest
well just a recap from good old 2014 bagon still conflicts with it, just saying.....
4 Undead Warrior
Yep, April 2014 - Bagnon still conflicts with buying new guild tabs - was going nuts trying to understand why I couldn't buy new tabs. 'Preciate the info - easy fix but annoying.
1 Human Priest
Just purchased all the bags in my personal Guild with bagnon on without any issue

Now just have to figure out permission and such for my trade mule

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. This thread was created back in 2011. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked. Thanks!
Edited by Gigargis on 4/25/2014 6:45 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]