battle.net moible authenticator - No Matches

90 Goblin Shaman
I restored my iPhone 4 last night and when I went to download a new authenticator via the moible app store, there were 'no matches' found. I found this odd, so I searched for it in iTunes and it was not available for US users only for AU users. I found this to be even more strange so I searched for it in the blizzard mobile store and the same thing happened. I don't know if this is a known issue, but I have been unable to find a blue post referring to this issue.

I sent a ticket to remove the authenticator but now I am worried about my account safety without it. Any type of blue response would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Kerosene on 5/31/2011 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hi Kerosene,

There will be a new Authenticator build shortly. Due to certain conditions that Apple requires for new build pushes, we have temporarily disabled the current retail build from the App Store while we work to get the new build ready to go. I will update this forum again when the new build is available for download.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
When is this issue expected to be fixed? We have a guildy that can't log in to raid.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Thank you for the quick reply, I guess now I have to wait for my ticket to be serviced and hope I don't get hacked >.<
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
05/31/2011 04:50 PMPosted by Bananananas
When is this issue expected to be fixed? We have a guildy that can't log in to raid.

Due to Apple build submit approval times which we cannot get around, a new build push takes several days. We unfortunately will not have an available build on the store until that time.

I assume your guildie either deleted the BMA before unattaching from their account or otherwise lost access to their BMA? If so, your guildie should still have the app on his/her iTunes if s/he has ever synced the phone with the client. If this is the case, then your guildmate can just resync the phone to reacquire the BMA. If not, then your guildmate should contact customer service to have the BMA removed from their account for the time being. Or you can slot someone else =)
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thank you for the quick reply, I guess now I have to wait for my ticket to be serviced and hope I don't get hacked >.<

If you're nervous about account security in the interim, then I would suggest using the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator service. Go to your Battle.net Account Management page ( http://us.battle.net ) and select the security services link. Choose the Dial-In service from there and you can read all about that.

To give you a brief overview, when you sign up for that [free] service, you will be asked to sign up with a specific phone number (your phone number) and to create a 4-digit pass code. From that point on, whenever you log into WoW with an IP address different from your usual address, you will be prompted one time to call a toll free number with the phone number you signed up with and to enter your 4-digit pass code. Once you do that, that IP address will be whitelisted, and you will not be prompted to enter any authenticator information ever again when logging in with that IP address. Your account will remain secure to any other IP address that has not been whitelisted by you via this process.
Edited by Liogela on 5/31/2011 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Now, with it being a new build.. will it be technicaly a different app than the old one?

IE, will people with the old app, will it show up as a 'update' to the old app for us? or is it something that we have to download as a seperate app, and associate then with our battle.net account.
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/31/2011 06:52 PMPosted by Reenela
Now, with it being a new build.. will it be technicaly a different app than the old one?

I'm kinda curious what'll be new as well, ;).

IE, will people with the old app, will it show up as a 'update' to the old app for us? or is it something that we have to download as a seperate app, and associate then with our battle.net account.

It'll just be an update, I don't see them releasing a completely different app.
Edited by Sixen on 6/1/2011 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hi Kerosene,

There will be a new Authenticator build shortly. Due to certain conditions that Apple requires for new build pushes, we have temporarily disabled the current retail build from the App Store while we work to get the new build ready to go. I will update this forum again when the new build is available for download.

Thanks!

Oh thank god, I just got my iPod Touch and was considering jailbreaking it because I couldn't get it from the Canadian or Estonian stores, lol. Good to hear it's not just me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Well, that answers my question. Got a hack scare today and was going to DL the authenticator app and iTunes kept telling me it didnt exist.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Still no update as to the timeline when this issue is going to be resolved? Just curious because i dont want to access the account for my main character without this being resolved.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Bliz, will the new 1.3.0 authenticator compatible with bold9780? (the new bold with touchpad)?

Pretty please make it work!
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Bliz, will the new 1.3.0 authenticator compatible with bold9780? (the new bold with touchpad)?

This new build is an iPhone / iPod Touch specific build, and so it does not affect the BMA's that are available for other phones unfortunately.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

This new build is an iPhone / iPod Touch specific build, and so it does not affect the BMA's that are available for other phones unfortunately.

Sadly to hear that. I think new phones are out almost every month while the authenticator updates seems to be too inert and update once in 6 month? Isnt security suppose to be top priority for the game? I knew people wouldnt mind paying more for authenticator to get it up working for their new phone. Spywares/hackers are everywhere and authenticator method is just too good. The sad thing is that when people change the phone, they cant get it work because it aint supported by their new model.

Is there anyway to make it universal? Or at least dedicate one or two staff to make it compatible quicker? We've been waiting for it to be update for months, not only blackberry users but also others too!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
do we ahve a eta yet on when it will be up again?
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/10/2011 12:05 AMPosted by Azøle
do we ahve a eta yet on when it will be up again?

Someone else had said that it's already out, try checking again.

I don't have access to an iPhone, so i'm just going off of what another user told me.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Version 1.3.1 showed up when I checked for updates today. It has a date of 6/8/11.

Was here hoping to find a blue post about it before updating.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hello Nearbye,

An update informing users of the newest available build on the iTunes store (v1.3.1) was added to the first post of this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592646070

Please download 1.3.1 and let us know what you think!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]