(H) Heresiarch recruiting thread

90 Troll Priest
06/15/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Guldurdir
PS: I went over your guild applications. You guys are completely mad. And here I thought Guinthel was the King of the Mad Hill. He's just part of the crowd.

Helps the apps know what they are getting into beforehand.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Helps the apps know what they are getting into beforehand.

Wrong.

the only thing that matters is ones post count.

Says the guy that can't even make front page.

Edit: Ohshi gunthers on the front page, WHO LET THIS HAPPEN. Brb making post about it.
Edited by Hesher on 6/18/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Gnome Priest
.....and ready for Firelands.

Give me a few days ........
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Also damn your app process is harsh. I was only going to app for a 'possible' raid spot (considering I don't know how my available times will change over the next month) and ofc guild perks, but I may just hold off until my timings are clear. And until I have a good WoL report (I died on my last Ultra to failure at Deterrence pushing >.<)

Our vetting process is fairly thorough, but the actual raids tend to be fairly laid back. When we were 25s (aka 15s while carrying 10) I did a number of performance reviews for individual people to go over rotations, CD management, positioning, etc. Haven't had to do that in a while, though I'll still offer advice if anyone asks.

Most of the stuff I call out in Vent/Mumble is related to boss abilities - calling out kill targets, CD adjustments for big hits, etc. I'm not the yelling type and I wouldn't say "Hey you only got off 40 explosive shots when you could have gotten 45" right after a kill. I do tend to pay attention to hunters more since that's the class I'm most familiar with nowadays and there's a direct comparison available if I'm in the raid.

But really the most important thing I like to see in apps is a willingness to improve, if you can mash buttons decently and stay out of fire it's fairly simple to get ~80% out of your gear. Even if you're not a WoL/Simcraft expert we can provide you with the tools and knowledge to get that extra +10% (We don't expect people to hit 100%, we're not going for world firsts here. Though if you're curious I can point out what's keeping you from getting there).

As every raiding guild on this server knows (especially Horde side) it's rare to come across a really polished player, so I always expect there to be some room for improvement. Most people can learn things about their class just from our application process, so I use it as a barometer to gauge how much they know, how quickly they pick up certain concepts, how they handle criticism, etc.

It's a decent time commitment on my end (I generally spend an hour or two going over the logs for each app) so if the app can reciprocate with some effort and handle the ribbing that's generally a good sign. Saying things like "I'd do better if I had more gear" (we can gear anyone, doesn't mean you're getting the most out of your toon) or "I had really bad RNG that attempt" (RNG doesn't account for you doing 10k less DPS than you should, man up and figure out where you can improve) is generally a bad sign.

06/15/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Guldurdir
PS: I went over your guild applications. You guys are completely mad. And here I thought Guinthel was the King of the Mad Hill. He's just part of the crowd.

You should see our Member Chat, we have some pretty interesting conversations. I'd say our personality is our greatest attribute, actual game-related stuff like half-decent progression and stability is kind of an afterthought.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I appreciate the long response. Honestly, considering that the guild I was running heroics with (not my own) has replaced me with a guildie, I'm out of raiding spots entirely and would have already applied for one if it wasn't for the fact that I may have a new job in another city in 2 weeks, which would mean that I cannot commit times of any kind for a while.

Aside from that, would you guys really be interested in another hunter? I'm levelling one because I find them really fun (hehe ISS with serpent spread at level 60. PULL THE WHOLE INSTANCE!) but like you said, you already have yourself, and we'd be competing for tokens and providing overlapping buffs.

This is my horde hunter btw: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drenden/garrous/advanced . He's missing one trink because I got bored with outlands and started levelling a pally.

(I should also figure out WoL sometime, never did learn how to use the damn thing)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/24/2012 04:27 AMPosted by Guldurdir
I appreciate the long response. Honestly, considering that the guild I was running heroics with (not my own) has replaced me with a guildie, I'm out of raiding spots entirely and would have already applied for one if it wasn't for the fact that I may have a new job in another city in 2 weeks, which would mean that I cannot commit times of any kind for a while.

I appreciate you not calling it a long-winded response. There aren't that many weeks of raiding left (I'm hoping 5.0 hits ~early August) so we're primarily recruiting for MoP, no particular rush.

Aside from that, would you guys really be interested in another hunter? I'm levelling one because I find them really fun (hehe ISS with serpent spread at level 60. PULL THE WHOLE INSTANCE!) but like you said, you already have yourself, and we'd be competing for tokens and providing overlapping buffs.

As long as you can pull similar numbers I don't really care. Think we're covered for all the MoP buffs/debuffs with our current roster, and it already took me 25 kills to get an Ultraxion chest anyway (I passed on the first chest to our warrior - who promptly went rogue - and another protector token didn't drop for 5 months).
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
nuuuu Gul don't leave us!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
06/27/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Mairin
nuuuu Gul don't leave us!

They're horde so unless I faction change I wouldn't be raiding with em on this toon >_>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Need moar deepz!

Updated
Edited by Wrathblood on 11/27/2012 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
What type of range DPS are you needing? I know you said any exceptional range DPS should apply, but what are you really needing/wanting?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Should have started a fresh thread IMO.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
New threads are boring. I want to be a goblin :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Its funny, I got into a very minor kerfuffle with Requiem over titling recruiting threads. I genuinely was trying to be helpful but I guess I was a bit too... enthusiastic over it.

Which is why I gave this one a nice generic name. I mean, sure, I could start a new one, but why lose all this glorious history? The thread title and the OP would be pretty much the same. Reduce, reuse, recycle, am I right? Plus, goblins are great. I was really hoping they'd let us make Goblin Paladins. I'd have race changed in a heart beat.

Gunther, that was Sobie. He's still trying to keep you off the front page.

Kassabela, what kind of dps are we looking for? Um, ranged dps. Ideally someone who can step in and be ready to contribute to TES normal/MSV heroic kinda level. If you're looking for a dps threshhold I don't know if I can help you with specifics. Fights this tier are pretty mechanics-intensive and even in the same fight different jobs can affect your dps.

What would be spiffy would be to check out a Simulationcraft or other sim tool to see what you *should* be doing in your current gear and then test that out against a boss that kinda stands there (Galleon? Will as long as you're not multi-dotting?) and see how close you are.

Sobie's claiming that we could probably take another melee dps if they had a strong tanking off-spec, but that doesn't sound like a move that would help my job security so it sounds fishy to me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Might need a healer as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
11/29/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Windowsxp
New threads are boring. I want to be a goblin :(

You gimme your trinket and I'll see what I can do about turning you GOBO.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You know what they say, "Once you go gob-o, you never go back-o"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/11/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Genthel
Goblins are disgusting slime. Almost as bad as gnomes, night elfs, dorfs, humans, space cows and walking talking dogs.

Obv you aren't cool enough to hang.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]