Ask The Devs #9 - Tanking (Answers)

100 Draenei Warrior
06/08/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Úrt
Why doesn't ur tank actually tank the adds?
Try reading the first bit of the question.

Also:
Well, I did a little poking around because I'm like that:
http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/2592639835 is the original Q&A for Latin America.

http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/2592639835#5 is the question he asked:
Por que no hacen que los taunts (todos) no puedan missear como hicieron con los interrupts. No va a generar ningun desbalance y todos van a ser mas felices.

Which translate as, according to google translate because I don't speak a word of Spanish:
Why not make the taunts (all) can not missa as they did with the interrupts. It will not create any imbalance and everyone will be happier.

In which case, yes it is a poorly worded question and I can see how it was mistranslated because it's certainly not clear there he's referring especially to RD.

-----
Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please just let someone ask a question without the super players jumping all over them. Hard to believe but some people just starting playing this game and are curious, unlike all you wow snobs out there. it is a game and people wanna learn so ease up a bit your highness's.
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm disapointed in the posting. I don't think I really learned anything from it.
85 Tauren Paladin

i do, vanilla too

You missed a key word here "many"

There were what, 3, 4? 4 tank fights in Vanilla?

Let's see, for progression-type fights....

Molten Core

1) Lucifron -- 3 tanks
2) Magmadar -- 2 tanks
3) Gehennas -- 3 tanks
4) Garr -- 9 tanks
5) Shazzrah - 1 tank
6) Baron Geddon - 1 tank
7) Golemagg -- 3 tanks
8) Majordomo -- 5 tanks, 4 magi

Blackwing Lair

1) Razorgore - 5 tanks
2) Vael - 2-5 tanks, depending on how bad your DPS was
3) Broodlord - 3-4 tanks, again depending on DPS.
4) Firemaw - 3 tanks
5) Ebonroc - 3 tanks
6) Flamegor 3 tanks
7) Chromaggus - 1 tank
8) Nefarian - 5 tanks

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj

1) Prophet Skeram - 5 tanks
2) Battleguard Sartura - 4 tanks
3) Fankriss - 4 tanks
4) Viscidus - 2 tanks
5) Huhuran - 2 tanks, sometimes 3
6) Twin Emps - 3 tanks
7) Bug Trio - 3 tanks
8) Ouro - 2 tanks

Naxx - 40

Anub-Rekhan - 5 tanks (4 adds starting)
Grand Widow - 5-6 tanks
Maexxna - 1 tank

Noth - 4 tanks
Heigan - 1 tank
Loatheb - 2 tanks

Razuvious - 4 tanks
Gothik - 5 tanks
Four Horseman - 8 tanks

Patchwerk - 4 tanks
Grobbulus - 1 tank
Gluth - 4 tanks
Thaddius - 2 tanks

Sapphiron - 1 tank
Kel'Thuzad 4 tanks

TBC:

T4
Magtheridon's Lair - 5 tanks (1 dps plate tank)
High King - 5 tanks (1-2 DPS tanks)
Gruul - 2 tanks

T5

SSC

Hydross: 4 tanks
Lurker: 2 tanks (1 DPS tank)
Leotheras: 2 tanks (1 Lock)
Fathom-Lord Karathress: 4 tanks
Tidewalker: 3 tanks
Lady Vashj: 3 tanks (1 tank to kite the strider)

TK: The Eye

Void Reaver: 3 tanks
Al'ar: 4 tanks
Solarian: 2 tanks
Kael'thas: Up to 6 tanks

T6:

Black Temple:
Naj'entus: 1 tank
Supremus: 2 tanks
Akama: 3 tanks
Gorefiend: 1 tank
Bloodboil: 3 tanks
Reliquary of Souls: 1 tank
Mother Shahraz: 3 tanks
Council: 4 tanks (1 dps tank)
Illidan: 3 tanks

Mount Hyjal:

Winterchill: 1 tank
Anetheron: 2 tanks
Kaz'rogal: 1 tank
Azgalor: 3 tanks
Archimonde: 1 tank

T 6.5:

SWP (aka SPLAT):

Kalecgos: 3 tanks
Brutallus: 2 tanks
Felmust: 2 tanks
Twins: 3 tanks (1 dps tank, p2)
M'uru: 4 tanks
Kil'jaeden: 2 tanks
Edited by Ashrial on 6/8/2011 9:56 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Among the interesting results of this round of Ask The Devs -

The question about Righteous Defense turned into an investigation of the code around Righteous Defense, and it was found to be bugged.

It was unintended for Righteous Defense to miss, so the bug was tracked down. It is being fixed immediately.

So let me get this straight.

A stupid question (The way it was worded) was stupidly answered (Because it had no business being answered in this Q&A) revealed some stupidity that needed to be fixed?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....no, no I'm sure of it, I'm going to laugh XD
90 Orc Death Knight
Well, I did a little poking around because I'm like that:
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/2592639835">http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/2592639835</a> is the original Q&A for Latin America.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/2592639835#5">http://us.battle.net/wow/es/forum/topic/2592639835#5</a> is the question he asked:

Por que no hacen que los taunts (todos) no puedan missear como hicieron con los interrupts. No va a generar ningun desbalance y todos van a ser mas felices.

Which translate as, according to google translate because I don't speak a word of Spanish:

Why not make the taunts (all) can not missa as they did with the interrupts. It will not create any imbalance and everyone will be happier.

In which case, yes it is a poorly worded question and I can see how it was mistranslated because it's certainly not clear there he's referring especially to RD.

There was really only 8 posts in the Q&A thread?? Its not even white from being voted up...
Edited by Deathsaint on 6/8/2011 10:43 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
How did something that isn't even "Highly Rated" get selected as an answer...?
85 Draenei Priest
Why did you guys waste time with the question from the person who clearly doesn't pay an ounce of attention to the game?

"Can you make taunts not miss?" is right up there with "Don't shield me, it hurts my rage!" (Welcome to 3.9, and welcome to 3.0.2, respectively).

It didn't warrant a response in something like this, which is intended for the community (and especially the tanking community) as a whole.
Edited by Tiakatt on 6/8/2011 10:57 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
06/08/2011 09:50 PMPosted by Ashrial
4) Garr -- 9 tanks

This number is wrong, because it assumes CC doesn't exist. A more realistic number would be 5.

7) Golemagg -- 3 tanks

Or 2, depending.

1) Razorgore - 5 tanks

If you count the person doing the MCs before the last egg as a tank, sure I guess.

2) Vael - 2-5 tanks, depending on how bad your DPS was

Your healers are usually dead by the time you get to #5 anyway.

7) Chromaggus - 1 tank

Depends on the breath combo. Sometimes goes higher.

8) Nefarian - 5 tanks

Ehhhhh, 5 is a little overkill.

High King - 5 tanks (1-2 DPS tanks)

Derpity? One of these is a mage, but yeah, 2 of them can be tanked by pretty much anything.
85 Undead Death Knight
I share the communities major disappointment over this Q&A.

At this point I think Blizzard should scrap the system altogether as you're just wasting peoples time by picking weak sauce questions, and ignoring major concerns from the tanking community.

Blizzard please remove your head from the sand.
90 Human Paladin
Why did you guys waste time with the question from the person who clearly doesn't pay an ounce of attention to the game?

"Can you make taunts not miss?" is right up there with "Don't shield me, it hurts my rage!" (Welcome to 3.9, and welcome to 3.0.2, respectively).

It didn't warrant a response in something like this, which is intended for the community (and especially the tanking community) as a whole.

There was no patch 3.9.
85 Human Warrior
Q: Can you make it so that taunt doesn't miss, just like you did for interrupt abilities? Doesn't feel as though it would be a complete upset to overall balance. – Madmartygan (LA)

Disappointing. Not disappointed because it was asked, but because so many others questions could have been answered in place of it.
90 Human Death Knight
Just to be honest i think 99% of us coulda answered these dumbass questions 400% better then the devs did...
90 Tauren Druid
[SARCASM]Thank you, Blues, for banning Reesi, one of the most knowledgeable theory-crafters we Bears have had since Fasc decided to move on to greener pastures.[/SARCASM]

You may silence one of your subscribers because you do not agree with her postings, but there are more of us out there that happen to agree with her opinion that this AtD: Tanking was rather mealy-mouthed and side-stepped a lot of issues, giving some of us the impression that the Game Developers really don't know what the @@!! they're talking about when it comes to certain classes of tanks.

This one's for you, Reesi!

Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles

Yield: 8 6-1/2-inch waffles
Serves: 8
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 2/3-2 cups low-fat milk
1 medium banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup mini chocolate chip

Directions:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
1 Place dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir until mixed well. Add remaining ingredients and combine until well blended and smooth.
2 Let batter sit 5 minutes before using.
3 Preheat waffle iron.
4 Use 1/2 cup batter per waffle and cook until done (approx. 2 minutes).
5 Serve immediately.

A good way to make the community turn on your company is to piss off your subscribers, and so far with the AtD: Tanking thread the developers have managed to do that by ignoring or incompletely answering a lot of questions and proving to my satisfaction that they know absolutely @@!!-all about Druid and Death Knight tanks.

Yes, I have a degree in Hyperbole.

Also, one last question before I get banned for posting a waffle recipe:
How the %!@* does Righteous Defense MISS if it's a %!@*ing TAUNT? That's something that must have been broken since 3.9 made Taunts not miss. Kind of a big %!@*ing deal, no? It goes a long way to reinforcing some folks opinions about the developers either a) sleeping on the job, 2) being incompetent, or d) not really giving a %!@* and just wanting a paycheque. Just asking. I mean hoping that an ability for a Protection Paladin that could potentially save a DPS functions properly instead of missing is kind of a big deal, no?
Edited by Dreddnought on 6/8/2011 11:53 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
06/08/2011 10:45 PMPosted by Destrant
How did something that isn't even "Highly Rated" get selected as an answer...?

They pick the questions that they can spend 2 minutes answering so they can go back to sitting on their fat asses again and not give a @@@@ about us or our concerns.

AND JUST TO LET YOU NOW!

This game was 20x more enjoyable when it actually took skill to play. Vanilla and TBC were prolly the only time this game was actually fun. with WotLK you made the game to where any dumbass could come in play for 5 miuntes and look like a @%#*ing pro at this game. We liked it when it was harder (no perverted jokes please) to actually play this game. The game is rated T for a reason. You dont rate a gmae T then dumb it down so little 7-9 year olds can play and figure out what to do.

Also, one last question before I get banned for posting a waffle recipe:
How the %!@* does Righteous Defense MISS if it's a %!@*ing TAUNT? That's something that must have been broken since 3.9 made Taunts not miss. Kind of a big %!@*ing deal, no? It goes a long way to reinforcing some folks opinions about the developers either a) sleeping on the job, 2) being incompetent, or d) not really giving a %!@* and just wanting a paycheque. Just asking. I mean hoping that an ability for a Protection Paladin that could potentially save a DPS functions properly instead of missing is kind of a big deal, no?

Spoken like a true gamer, thank you sir.
Edited by Dustborn on 6/8/2011 11:59 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
To all our DK & Bear brethren,

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling...

I feel like hanging up my shield, 'tis becoming far too much of a chore to tank.
85 Human Warrior
The Q&A:

Blizzard's excuse for not actually being involved with the playerbase at all by answering things everyone that can read already knows and taking softball questions to bs around with without actually saying anything.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]