Ask The Devs #9 - Tanking (Answers)

100 Human Paladin
06/08/2011 10:27 AMPosted by Arielle
Just goes to show you it's not really the tanking community that got to pick which questions were answered.

I am so filled with rage right now I don't even know how to express myself (lolpun).

Don't use all your rage up or you won't be able to charge the next pack of mobs :(
06/08/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Lesaberisa

I am so filled with rage right now I don't even know how to express myself (lolpun).

Don't use all your rage up or you won't be able to charge the next pack of mobs :(

LOL
85 Troll Death Knight
Thanks for this 'amazing' set of responses, full of insight. The Ask the Devs answers should be:

"Ask the Devs the juiciest, easiest questions, and get an answer!"

Nothing about questions like:

Can I have an AoE taunt? Please? I'm not asking for Righteous Defense here. "taunting blastwave of shadow energy to the back of the head" with a 2-3 minute cooldown would suffice. Though, Unholy Defense would be cool too.

Could we talk about the debuff management of DK's, and how it is really just.... not good? We lose mitigation and tps to put out debuffs up with IT and PS for 8-10 seconds because of the rune cost.

Are you serious that you like the DK tank mastery? You are not ok with block capping, but you are ok with a scaling diminishing value of a mastery?

/sigh... I should have known after the Professions answers that nothing short of Lobbed Softballs would get answered.

95 Blood Elf Death Knight
This was a pretty good Q&A session for the clowns who don't know how to read patchnotes.

This is seriously pathetic. I honestly had high hopes for this one, and I don't know why. Blood's scaling is awful, and I'm honestly thinking about going back to my paladin. I wouldn't mind if they gave us a minor buff to expertise or hit so I can MAKE SURE I hit DS, but these people who say there is like .00000000001% you will miss 3-5 times in a row are nuts, because I've missed 5 times in a row on raid bosses much too often.

Also, I find it laughable that even when everyone was chatting about how you guys were going to answer a "WHEN WILL MY NONTANK CLASS BECOME A TANK CLASS?" question as a JOKE, you still managed to answer that instead of anything important.

This is like the worst Q&A for anything I've ever read and it took you 2 weeks, which was most likely spent trying to figure out how to dodge the actual pertinent questions.

Pathetic.
85 Goblin Death Knight
06/08/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Lesaberisa

Druids have enough rage to charge?

Patch 4.2: Feral Charge's rage cost has been doubled.
85 Night Elf Warrior
I've never known Blizzard to under deliver so much like they have with these Q & A's. They either need to get serious about answering players questions or just stop posting these threads before they rile up the community even more.
90 Tauren Druid
Q: Have you considered normalizing initial Rage for feral druid tanks?

This was a good question attached to a long post filled with several bad questions. You guys failed to answer it. It makes no sense that a druid can get 10 rage when switching to Bear Form when they can't used a single attack ability with 10 rage. Without Enrage or excess rage from the previous pull, druids are completely incapable of generating threat.
Edited by Dendrek on 6/8/2011 10:40 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
06/08/2011 10:37 AMPosted by Nemésis
Also, I find it laughable that even when everyone was chatting about how you guys were going to answer a "WHEN WILL MY NONTANK CLASS BECOME A TANK CLASS?" question as a JOKE, you still managed to answer that instead of anything important.

Over on the tank forums we were pretty much expecting the "nontank class wants to tank" and "legendary" questions. Wasting a question on the leg armor was awful and another on taunts missing was too.
90 Night Elf Druid
06/08/2011 10:27 AMPosted by Arielle
Just goes to show you it's not really the tanking community that got to pick which questions were answered.

Spam maul? I agree. This is so fail, my fail muscle got sprained.
100 Night Elf Druid
Could you at least answer the rage generation disparity question?

This.
85 Human Paladin
Well, good to know that the time spent on this Q/A was well spent. /epicsarcasm
85 Human Death Knight
It's not fine, it's far above the other specs in terms of survivability.

Merely look at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/mionelol/simple for an idea of what a DK can do. They can not only solo encounters that were mechanically supposed to be impossible for anyone to handle on their own, but they can easily handle themselves 1v2 in an arena game, at any rating below 2200. With the amount of magic-damage mitigation and self-healing that they do, it's a wonder that Blood Death Knight tanks don't replace the others in groups. Either way, it needs to be toned down, hard.

http://blog.mionelol.net/ for videos if the armory isn't enough.

Blood does not have above-par survivability. As they said, an incredibly skilled Blood comes just up to a normal Paladin/ Warrior in terms of survivability. Anyways, I was talking about how our mechanics fight each other. In order to use Bone Shield, we must sacrifice a Death Strike. In order to gain the 20% AS and 10% reduced damage debuff, we must sacrifice a Death Strike. And that's just the surface. Please refer to The Blood Thread (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2549106475) for an extensive discussion about what's wrong with Blood.

I would also like to bring up the fact that a 75% reduced magic damage taken for five seconds (maximum of 50% of our health) is not as astronomical as you make it out to be, and our self-healing is due to having 7k less armor than every other tank. As said in the Q&A here, we take a lot more damage, and we heal to compensate. Take it out on Blizzard, not me.
Edited by Zophös on 6/8/2011 10:50 AM PDT
85 Undead Warrior
For a tanking legendary and the fact that different class tanks use different weapons why not make it like Shadowstrike. That way its one weapon but transforms to one usable by all classes.
06/08/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Kaivax
Gone are the days when we would just release a class into the wild and refuse to touch it again until the next expansion.

Hello. Hunters would like a word or two with you.
100 Tauren Warrior
06/08/2011 09:58 AMPosted by Ahasuerus
We waited two weeks to get answers to gripes about Taunt missing and STA/Dodge leg enchants? Really?

I know - there was a huge outcry for some DK information, as well as warriors wondering why they were the only one without a self heal (ala' LOTP, WOG, DS).

This was disappointing.

*Old man voice*

!@#@storm's a comin... I can feel it in me bones...

I lol'd
Edited by Bulliwyf on 6/8/2011 10:55 AM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
I want to abolish world hunger and obesity. However I understand its not practical for me to expect such will be solved by my will alone. If we cant gain strong threat from the start, WE THE TANKS will be blaimed...

thats the nature of all of the tanking/dps qq that exists in wow today and a good portion of the reason tanks wont que for randoms anymore. this is a problem.

Telling dps to hold back dps leads to one result " the tank is bad" .

So true.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]