Ask The Devs #9 - Tanking (Answers)

85 Human Paladin
06/08/2011 01:19 PMPosted by Fearfactøry
Seriously who the hell upvoted the "Can you make taunts not miss" question?

IMO Blizzard simply decided which questions they wanted to answer .... no way that question could end up amount the top questions via a voting system ... IMPOSSIBLE.

100 Night Elf Druid
I think the devs might be tanks irl. The number of relevant meaningful questions they dodged is really quite amazing.
90 Night Elf Druid
06/08/2011 01:29 PMPosted by Stealthfire
I think the devs might be tanks irl. The number of relevant meaningful questions they dodged is really quite amazing.

omg!

Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights! We finally know where all your dodge is going in 4.2!
85 Orc Shaman
Q: Will we see a tanking Legendary sometime soon? Pedoso (NA)

A: The tanking community both loves and hates when this question comes up, but it received a lot of votes, so we’ll answer it. The answer is not soon, but probably eventually. The problem with tanking legendaries, of course, is that the shield-users and non-shield-users tank with different weapons. That’s not a deal breaker, but it is a consideration. We could allow the legendary to be transformed from a one-hander to two-hander or we could just design an item for a more narrow audience (such as a shield). The 4.2 legendary has fairly wide appeal, and the 4.3 legendary will have much more narrow appeal. We don’t want to fall into the trap of making legendaries too formulaic.

So have you jumped the gun a bit there, implying that 4.3 will be the Deathwing Patch/Final Tier?
Edited by Futanarii on 6/8/2011 1:31 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
I want a legendary shield.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Man I'm so glad we waited two weeks for mediocre questions and even worse answers.

Seriously who the hell upvoted the "Can you make taunts not miss" question?

(sigh) I'm glad we heard that bears are getting a mitigation buff soonish. I'm disappointed that we weren't really given much after waiting two weeks. Many many questions were asked about mechanics of tanking, yet we get answeres to taunts and legendary tanking items. A legendary tanking item would have to be something in a slot that all tanks could wear such as a cape, ring, or necklace.
85 Undead Priest
Players: Here is a question for you, Devs!
Devs: You are wrong about everything!
100 Human Death Knight
So many questions on the US side about blood tanks and what do we get for answers?

Answers to questions people could look up in flipping patch notes!!!!!!!

"Do taunts miss? derp i don't read patch notes!"
"Will there be a new leg armor since we won't benefit from agi? Derp can't read MMO-Champion."

TWO WASTED QUESTIONS.

The one time I had a high rated question i hoped. I HOPED it would at least be partially answered.

Way to drop the ball there blizz.
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
06/08/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Samhael
I'm glad we heard that bears are getting a mitigation buff soonish

The problem is that we don't freaking need one. Especially not one that also increases our passive Magic Damage mitigation.

All they've done is insinuate that they can't balance the Masteries worth a damn, and will have to keep increasing our passive mitigation every time new content is released.
85 Tauren Death Knight
So um really the big question basically all blood dk's have been asking "When are we going to have a more intuitive and less prone to failure tanking fix to the blood system?" Was totally ignored.

All I can say is i'm flaberghasted! "Why do taunts miss" an issue addressed almost a year ago got addressed above that? This has to be the most blatant obvious occurrence of cherry picking questions I have ever seen. I'm not sure you have noticed or not but we are not stupid it's very obvious that the issues that people wanted addressed were sidestepped or ignored.

I was at one point a very involved part of the bungie community for a while, When they addressed issues openly even when they knew people would despise the answer. Things like weapon retooling and balancing were addressed when many community members asked for it. This is just a whole new form of disappointing.

As many have said before me in this very long list of posts. Many of theses questions could have been answered in a lunch break easily, for people who spend there day managing and building content for this game it should be especially easy to do. Instead we got very political non-answers for a few of them or lengthy clarifications on things we already knew were being addressed or not "because we think it's fine."

There were 2 real answers to issues that were wanted in there so at least it wasn't a total loss.
Edited by Deadwhiteout on 6/8/2011 1:45 PM PDT
88 Troll Druid
wow... I dont even tank and your answers pissed me off. Why even give the illusion that you care about legitimate issues by doing these threads. I really expected more... well not really.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/08/2011 09:57 AMPosted by Spplat
Well that was disappointing

agreeed :(
85 Night Elf Warrior
06/08/2011 01:30 PMPosted by Verrin

omg!

Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights! We finally know where all your dodge is going in 4.2!

I lol'd.
85 Human Paladin
06/08/2011 01:30 PMPosted by Verrin

omg!

oh zing and that explains it!
we didn’t think it was necessary to nerf that mid-expansion

This made me laugh... Considering the unnecessary nerfs that have taken place and are still taking place, I'm surprised at anything being safe from the Jedi Fat Kid that currently wields the nerf bat.

we’ve seen little evidence of a widespread concurrence that druids are “the weakest tank."

You took away our Fear Breaker. We are the ONLY tank that can't break fear during an encounter. For any healer or dispeller, that makes us higher maintenance, and in-effect this is AT LEAST 1 reason that contributes to us being the least favored.

Gone are the days when we would just release a class into the wild and refuse to touch it again until the next expansion.

I wish they had left us alone... Druids were more fun when Cataclysm first came out.
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
You took away our Fear Breaker. We are the ONLY tank that can't break fear during an encounter.

Paladins can't either.

If having a fear break was a relevant tool, it would get fixed. It's not, so I doubt it will be re-added.

Ours was ridiculously impractical to begin with anyway.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]