Homestuck

MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
01/31/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Gamzee
It will definitely keep you occupied.

Ha, I like your name. I managed to snag Feferi for my warrior.
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
I absolutely adore Homestuck, my friend got me into it, and now when it updates we chitter about it like squirrels! I've kinda 8een roleplaying this character every time I enter dungeons hehe. Just w8ting for an eyepatch to transmog, 2 "irons" freshly out of the fire, and a pair of loaded dice :::;)
Edited by Vriska on 3/30/2012 3:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
02/14/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Vriska
I absolutely adore Homestuck, my friend got me into it, and now when it updates we chitter about it like squirrels! I've kinda 8een roleplaying this character every time I enter dungeons hehe. Just w8ting for an eyepatch to transmog, 2 "irons" freshly out of the fire, and a pair of loaded dice :::;)

One of my friends do the same thing on mumble. When the sleepwalk animation came out she was like "omg Nepeta and Karkat! Was Karkat wearing his sufferer outfit?"

and I was like "Nah bro it was his God tier."

and we were like, "OOOOOOOHHHH *honk*"
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
Apparently the Blizz staff isn't entirely unfamiliar with Homestuck...

02/13/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Nyorloth
These pairings do not need to be of the flushed quadrant; your favorite examples of companionship, friendship, or “bromance” are also needed.
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
I loved that animation so much, but mostly cause I love Roxy!! And I liked what it implicated, that alternate universe Karkat died a heroic death protecting Nepeta =)

I totally saw that, I linked it to my friend asap
Edited by Vriska on 2/16/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Hunter
*Switches to appropriate character first*

I'm that there Wesley guy who does that whole moderating the forums thing when this game isn't ruthlessly devouring all my time.

Getting people into the story is very hit or miss. Different people like different things about it. Some people you can convince just by describing the general plot, others the characters, others the world-building, others the music, others the titanic mountain ranges constructed purely out of fan art.

Its kind of amazing how big it is, having been there from the start. I mean, by sheer page count, its the longest webcomic on the entire internet. The word count is the size of War and Peace ffs. But its not even been three years running yet.

I'm just waiting to see the NPCs, quest text, or random dialogue work its way into MoP somehow.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I only recently discovered HS has a section on flipnote hatena of all places.

Also the latest update. When I first started reading the comic I was like, "I don't get why this fandom gets so annoyed at the artist all the time." until I caught up progression-wise and I learned to understand Hussie's love of cliffhangers in the middle of other cliffhangers. I just read the latest update and got down on my knees and did the, "HUUUUSSSIIEEEEE!!!!" yell.

And yes I hear tell some of the writing staff on this game deeply enjoy homestuck, though it's harder when it comes to in-game references for things that are...I don't know how to describe it. Not as mainstream when it comes to parodies? I mean we can see a back to the future parody and go, "AWW yeah righteous!" but sometimes when people see parodies/references to/of smaller things they love (HS being one) they get upset because they aren't as used to it and may take it the wrong way. IDK though, it's a delicate balance.
Edited by Alona on 2/19/2012 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
I think some the troll romance terminology is something that can get slipped into various things, especially when it comes to out-of-story commentary.

Hussie also has plenty of catchy and notable turns of phrases that can be supplanted into other works as a light homage. Like the "The fact that you are dumb/I will be helpful/whatever is an immutable fact that I am stating for the record. It does not mean that animosity/friendship/whatever is taking place here." Or "All the [non-quantifiable noun]. All of them." Or any number of other phrases.

As far as whether Homestuck is an acceptable target of parodies, references, or homages because fans might get upset if it seems to get to "mainstream," screw em. It doesn't become any less good if more people also like it. If a person loses interest in something just because it's more popular, I'd only wonder if they ever had any actual interest in it in the first place.
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
Absolutely, and I want to see it get huge, mostly cause I want to talk to more people about it haha. I've gotten a few people to read it, one who read the entire thing up to jan 1st but now isn't into it, and my brother is now on act 3.
Every single update I'm like WHY!!?! Like yesterday with Jane and Jake (I feel really bad for her) and today with Jane unconscious on prospit.

Damn you Hussie, you beautiful, brilliant man.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I find it so weird that the Condesce has taken over Derse, especially since the Handmaid had little to nothing to do with the black queen in the previous session.

Also what was the deal with the brobot committing seppuku?
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
I know, I was so confused, but that's often how it is for me hehe. I wonder that if she is all the way in Derse, is there another of her blood caste like Feferi there to take care of the lusus to prevent the vast glub?
Also the black queen's ring has none of the orbs on it, so the white king's ring shouldn't have any either, and since she is a troll the ring would have been useless to her for prototyping anyways, so maybe this is how it was supposed to end up all along?

And the whole reason why Jake went out to find brobot was to get his uranium
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006127
to power his transmaterializer
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006127 (2 pages)

I just wonder why brobot ended himself and not let Jake do it through a series of future fights, maybe he knew time was essential or something lol.
Edited by Vriska on 2/24/2012 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
So I think getting people started at the beginning of Act 2 with a summary of Act 1 is better for getting new readers into it.

Agree/disagree?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Today's update was so beautiful. So many Meowcats. ;__;
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
*noises*

Best onomatopoeia ever?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Hey look, this thread's back! Anyway:

02/24/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Alona

Needs more meowcat
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
02/26/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Salesperson

What happened to your hood? =(

I figured I should put on some fancy duds for a while since I don't plan on leveling this char for a while. D:
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
Apparently Rufio started reading Homestuck too!
http://rufiozuko.tumblr.com/post/18307852509/homestuck

As you can imagine, his tumblr got a lot more followers since then.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Apparently Rufio started reading Homestuck too!
http://rufiozuko.tumblr.com/post/18307852509/homestuck

As you can imagine, his tumblr got a lot more followers since then.

Man, I bet he's going to be pumped when he gets to that part with Tavros.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
02/14/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Vriska

There is a... discrepancy here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]