Homestuck

63 Tauren Hunter
02/27/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Vriska
I absolutely adore Homestuck, my friend got me into it, and now when it updates we chitter about it like squirrels! I've kinda 8een roleplaying this character every time I enter dungeons hehe. Just w8ting for an eyepatch to transmog, 2 "irons" freshly out of the fire, and a pair of loaded dice :::;)

There is a... discrepancy here.

I'll say. Why aren't you a troll?
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
02/27/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Vriska
I absolutely adore Homestuck, my friend got me into it, and now when it updates we chitter about it like squirrels! I've kinda 8een roleplaying this character every time I enter dungeons hehe. Just w8ting for an eyepatch to transmog, 2 "irons" freshly out of the fire, and a pair of loaded dice :::;)

There is a... discrepancy here.

Altern8 Vriska!!!!!!!! I just knew you would ultim8tely 8e showing that 8eautiful face of yours :::;)
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
I'll say. Why aren't you a troll?

This is my only troll bloodelf, because the personality Vriska exudes totally reminds me of bloodelves; sexy with an edge of !@#$%iness, and willing to do whatever to get ahead, and that's why I love her and bloodelves ^^

I have Maryam, Kanaya's last name, who is a serene troll hunter (made her before the line going clown hunting came up, it was perfect) with various pets like VodkaMutini, Davesprite, Spidermom, Serenity, and a Cholerbear. I will get a Pyralsprite soon!
I also have Condesce, a warlock, I'm still struggling over what race she should be though.. she gives off a goblin vibe to me, but I don't like playing as a goblin =x

my ironman challenger character was named uranianUmbra and was a dranei, because of the characters always calling her an alien lol.

And I hope Roxy survives or 8efriends mini Condesce, I love her ::::(
Edited by Vriska on 2/29/2012 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
So my friend seems to think the trolls are like, combinations of their other troll selves? I don't even know, so many trolls!!
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
Honestly I have no clue what to think about them, so I just label them mini Condesce, mini Mindfang lol. I guess it makes more sense to me that they would (be/be closer to) the ancestors rather than the trolls in the beta session, maybe because at this time in the story the alpha kids, who are I guess the ancestors of the beta kids, are children as well?

and I'm happy there is another UU, one who is evil and twisted, because it seems to debunk the theory that uranianUmbra is dark and evil but manipulates people into thinking she's a sweetheart. Because I love her, so much ^u^
(I love about 90% of the characters btw.)
Edited by Vriska on 3/2/2012 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
I'm just thinking of Nerdfang and Punkesce as wholly new characters. I don't see the point in them turning out to be new iterations of prior characters.

(I can't claim credit for 'Nerfang', but I was totally the first to apply the label 'Punkesce.')
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
So while we wait for more troll action. Favorite song? I'm partial to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrsJfT0K7PE
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
okay, it took me a while to look through songs, but here's my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjU5YXcoqM&feature=relatedWhat's your #1 favourite troll and why?
Edited by Vriska on 3/30/2012 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
I really like Descend, primarily because of how well it fits together a lot of the major musical themes in the comic up to that point.

Also, I want to remind you guys that there are other characters in Homestuck other than trolls <.<
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Roxy is one of my favorite characters. Mainly because I type like her in IMs and in WoW. (Sad. I'm not even drunk.)

My favorite troll would have to be Gamzee. I HATED him at first, but then he just grew on me like a tumor.
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
I knoww there are other characters than the trolls =p
I love Terezi because she's strange and funny, and like myself, is interested in justice and is very colour oriented, she is also my patron troll ^^
Although nearly a tie between her, Vriska, and Kanaya.

Dirk and Roxy are my favourite alpha kids, I would say Roxy straight up but Dirk keeps coming in and swiping her spot with his awesomeness. Rose is my favourite beta character hands down, and I don't even know why =p

If it's a Homestuck song, I'm going with Unite Synchronization, because it's amazing
(It's #14 on Volume 8 if you wanted to know )
Edited by Vriska on 3/6/2012 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
I've noticed a lot of people saying that Roxy types like them. I think the simple fact is: typos followed by belated corrections in IMs are very common, while the way virtually everyone else writes is rather unrealistic - especially for 13-year-old kids! You'd be hard-pressed to find many adults that can rapidly present Dave's extensive metaphors, Rose's eloquent and appropriately-colored prose, or Karkat's colorful expletives.

I think my favorite character is Dave. I like his brand of snark and unflappable coolness, and found his growth through the story more interesting than that of the other characters. I also very much relate to his issues with death and his own mortality.

I kind of like Terezi, except with how wishy washy she is about killing other trolls. She apparently used to do it a lot, but then stopped when Vriska started targeting her friends. Fine, but the fact that she used to kill trolls a lot is heavily glossed over in the story, when I think it would be more interesting as a bigger part of her character. Hell one of her first pesterlogs was saying that she if she ever meets John, she'd cut his throat just to smell him bleed to death! When she's first properly introduced in Act 5, she holds a make-believe trial with her plush toys. She smacks it around a little and plants the evidence to convict it herself. She then offers it a hope spot with a coin flip to let it go free, and then brutally rips that away and hangs it. Now imagine her doing that with actual trolls. That's what I wanted of Terezi. Make her grow from that and regret her prior actions would have been great, but outright ignoring it as though she's blameless turned me off to the character. This was only highlighted by Terezi's condemnation of Vriska, who actually did acknowledge and came to regret her murderous ways.

G1MM3 HOM1C1D4L T3R3Z1!
http://imgur.com/a/QPO7b
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
I *love* terezi's introduction scene with lemonsnout; that's the first segment I show people when I try to get them to read the comic haha.

I think my favorite character is Dave. I like his brand of snark and unflappable coolness...

You and my friend both lol, she absolutely adores him, and her female cat is named Dave Strider, says so on her nametag.

That never bothered me about Terezi, and you know he formed the characters somewhat based on their signs, I'll be the first to admit, Libra's can be flaky lol. Libra's are also a light sign =)
I do love that scene because it shows the darker side of her and she's just unflinchingly wicked to this scalemate, but I'm happy she was just mischievous and didn't murder everyone, because those scenes bother me.

03/06/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Welcome
Vriska, who actually did acknowledge and came to regret her murderous ways.

It is for this exact reason that I fell in love with Vriska. I *hated* her up until close to this point in the story, but that rapidly changed. She died right as I was warmed up to her, and that made me cry
Edited by Vriska on 3/7/2012 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I like Dirk but more in the Bro sense. He was pretty awesome when he was older bro, even if he did get cut down.
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh my god.
[S] Jane: Enter. is quite likely my favourite update ever, second perhaps only to [S] Cascade or [S] Prince of Heart: Rise up.

My mouth was open a good couple of minutes before I realized it, so I promptly closed it and proceeded to watch it again...over...and over...
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
I'd say you're just exemplifying the newest things simply because they're the newest things, but I'm not too certain that I'm not holding onto the older ones just to be stubborn.

I still like the Jack: Ascend / Descend / Jade: Enter saga the best. (The Rise of Jack Noir! Though I cut out WV?: Rise Up, since that one just wasn't as epic.) So so much stuff happening, great music, and excellent visual storytelling.

And then there's Wake, which has plenty of trollmurder, and who doesn't enjoy some good trollmurder?

Jane: Enter and Prince of Heart are comparatively kind of tame. And it's hard to compare Cascade mostly because it's so damn long.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Cascade was a feature movie to all other updates' Saturday morning cartoon blocks. It stands on its own, I think.

And I really like the animations involving Bro, because of the way he fights.

I'm also really starting to like the Condesce.
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Rogue
In a sense you're correct, but as Andrew keeps raising the bar I get new favourites. I judge what's my favourite by the first reaction I have to a video, whether or not I'm breathing rapidly or if I instantly fell in love with a character, if my first urge is to watch the video 7 more times.. you get the picture lol.
I don't like troll murder, that whole part made me really sad lol
I'm not comparing lengths, I'm comparing which was more intense to me
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Hrmm, looks like the new ancestors are finally making their debut.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I feel like the only person around who doesn't really like homestuck that much, and feels the majority of the fanbase is completely insane.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]