Assassination mastery

Will the Assassination mastery (potent poisons-Increases damage done by your poisons by 00%) also increase your envenom attack? I have always wondered this.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
You will want to check out the rogue forum to get an answer to this question.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
No. Envenom, while it uses your DP stacks to increase damage and it does Nature damage, it's not a Poison. The Envenom debuff is treated as a Poison effect, however.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The hunter is incorrect. As stated right in the tooltip, Envenom's damage is poison damage. Mastery *does* affect Envenom damage. When the mastery system first launched, there was initially a bug that prevented mastery from properly increasing Envenom damage, but that was fixed pretty early on.

From Elitist Jerks, for nonbelievers:

Mastery is your most valuable secondary stat after spell hit cap and acts on well over 50% of your damage composition (IP, DP, Envenom, and Venomous Wounds) by increasing the bonus you get from Potent Poisons. Baseline Potent Poisons increases your poison damage by 28% and 3.5% for every point of mastery you have (179.28 rating). Similar to expertise, mastery is also not truncated and each point of mastery rating will increase your poison damage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Rx
Yes, I can attest to that. I increased my overall dmg recently because of a mastery trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I almost can't believe I've been answering questions like this for more than two years now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I almost can't believe I've been answering questions like this for more than two years now.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If yourr top damaging ability isn't Deadly Poison, it was either a fight with a bunch of adds (which you would want to be Combat for anyway), or you have horrible stat coverage.
Edited by Emevoli on 5/11/2013 5:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]