Is Blizzard Done with WoW?

85 Troll Hunter
06/09/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Murianna
I'm just feeling like even someone such as myself can notice the lack of content. It's actually making it harder to enjoy the game when I keep running out of things to do.

Blizzard is not done with WoW, but clearly you are.

Nope. I've got friends on Moon Guard. I role play, I pvp. I still find things to do. But you can't deny that you wouldn't mind some extra content.

If you could sacrifice those 60 dailies and get another raid and instance ontop of Firelands, would you?
85 Night Elf Druid
I also am wondering if Blizzard is done with wow, but i personally like the 4.0-4.1 patches. I really am enjoying the new raids/instances and i love how they made healing more fun. But i just want to see a blizz post of how they are not done with wow and what this project titan is. How will that project affect future wow updates and if they will just scrap wow for the new MMO.

(Also, unless you are 13/13 hardmore, you have not run out of things to do.)
Edited by Windj on 6/9/2011 3:11 PM PDT
85 Troll Hunter
Raiding doesn't interest me in the slightest. So I should slog into something I really don't enjoy just for the sake that it's something to do? Does that make any sense what so ever? Would you pvp even if you hated it, just for something to do?

I'm just saying that it feels like there can be more content, there should be more content but there isn't.

I may raid eventually, if I actually care about it. Until I do, meh. Still doesn't mean I can't ask for more, does it?
85 Draenei Shaman
06/09/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Tokíjin
And if you don't like raiding?

PVP.

Don't like that?

Level alts.

Don't like that?

Why are you paying
85 Tauren Shaman
I'm really hoping firelands lives up to the hype. I really didn't find any interest whatsoever in t11.

The bad taste that cata heroics left in my mouth kinda spoiled it for me i guess. Of course I'm resto and that was also a huge part in my feelings towards cata, but as i said, i hope firelands just blows me away
38 Undead Warlock
As a new player, I find that WoW is incredible. The quest lines are really intriguing and a lot of them make you feel as though you were important to the overall plot. I don't think Blizzard is done with WoW. There is no way they could be. But also, if you felt that Cata was a waste of money as you said you're paying more for the same stuff found in BC, maybe you should have tried the free trial before you bought it.
85 Tauren Druid
The issue is the fact that Blizzard chickened out. At the beginning of Cataclysm, they were bringing back multiple raids-per-tier. After noticing 600k+ of the people quit, Activision Blizzard panicked; making Firelands a one-tier raid, and nerfing everything before it.

Wow isn't dying out, it isn't being forgotten, but it is certainly going in the wrong direction. Which isn't anything good.
85 Tauren Shaman
06/09/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Spend
The issue is the fact that Blizzard chickened out. At the beginning of Cataclysm, they were bringing back multiple raids-per-tier. After noticing 600k+ of the people quit, Activision Blizzard panicked; making Firelands a one-tier raid, and nerfing everything before it.

How does releasing less content help with losing subs?
85 Tauren Druid
06/09/2011 03:29 PMPosted by Decrepa
As a new player, I find that WoW is incredible. The quest lines are really intriguing and a lot of them make you feel as though you were important to the overall plot. I don't think Blizzard is done with WoW. There is no way they could be. But also, if you felt that Cata was a waste of money as you said you're paying more for the same stuff found in BC, maybe you should have tried the free trial before you bought it.

You're right. Questing is one of the things they have sort-of gotten right. The majority of the players speaking out in this forum are talking about raiding, PVP, or endgame stuff. Which, at the moment, is really screwed.
85 Human Priest
At this point its not about if they're done with WoW or not. Its about if they will continue on the current path. The game world is dead, killed by instance porting and flight. Server community is likewise dead thanks to cross realm instancing. There is so much they could do to fix this game in a relatively short timeframe, but I don't think the designers in question are capable of swallowing their pride, admitting that some of their decisions were mistakes, and recanting them. My gut feeling is that ego and inflexibility keep us on our current path.
Community Manager
We are not done as you can see by our ongoing development of patch 4.2 and we have more in store after that. Whether or not it hits the mark for you is completely up to you, but unless you see us say we're hanging it up, don't count us down for the count.
85 Undead Rogue
06/09/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Nethaera
We are not done as you can see by our ongoing development of patch 4.2 and we have more in store after that. Whether or not it hits the mark for you is completely up to you, but unless you see us say we're hanging it up, don't count us down for the count.

I gotta say I've been a big fan of Cataclysm so far (barring my spec being totally upside-down). The whole elements theme is really cool and as per usual the art and story is top-notch (special mention to new Orgrimmar and Lordaeron). Kudos to the guy who designed Deathwing, because he's by far the coolest-looking dragon I've ever seen.
Edited by Blackriver on 6/9/2011 3:46 PM PDT
06/09/2011 02:58 PMPosted by Tokíjin
We're paying the same price we have been since Vanilla, but this is the most barebones expansion to date.

I think people forget Blizzard rebuilt the ENTIRE WORLD...and added a few zones, dungeons and raids. BC and Wrath had a single continent of content with fewer zones than either Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms. I'd say this is the largest expansion to date.
85 Tauren Druid
06/09/2011 03:36 PMPosted by Fayul

How does releasing less content help with losing subs?

Don't ask me.
Blizzard made the quick assumption that the reason people were quitting WoW was because the game was too hard. So in response they proceeded to nerf the current raids, and only make one, accessible raid.
What they didn't realize is the reason most people (in my opinion, and from experiences), had quit WoW because content wasn't being released quick enough.
94 Blood Elf Mage
What bothers me is Blizzards lack of response to our concerns about their commitment to FRESH content. Cata was a revamp a ploy to entice new players and keep them, 1-60 content was overhauled to keep them. Well after 5 years i have everything to 85. Nothing there for me.

Cata came with heroic DM, YAY lvl 20 weapon skins, in the same instance with higher level mobs. 4.1 patch gave us..ZA/ZG yay thats fresh. 2-3 year old skins and twice as hard as other heroics. Harder=longer=extended play time.

Now 6 months after its release PuGs are going to get a real shot at tier gear and raids. They are dragging their feet to the point of not caring. What are we suppose to think other than they just dont care anymore.

They crunch numbers, they have their theories, they know how much they can get away with before they start to lose a significant amount of players. Not just the "OMGZ you did/didn't do X i quit" and we know most come back within a month or two.

Maybe they know they've reached the end of their un-threatened reign, face it the game isn't immortal.
100 Undead Priest
06/09/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Nethaera

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
Listen to the bass go BOOM
Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price

Mama said go play WoW!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/09/2011 03:20 PMPosted by Evolutes
Why are you paying

That's easy, my friends. I don't particular care for the way they changed the mechanics for Cata. I like questings, but in Cata, everything was over in 3 days. I feel that Blizz left out storylines. I don't want to read the books, comics to find out what happens. I want it to unfold as I'm playing. I feel Blizz has failed on that alone.
85 Undead Rogue
@Plixie: Um, I think it's more of the fact that they don't have unlimited resources. You can't redesign the whole world and many of the systems and all of that and add a bunch of endgame raids and still expect more after that, it just isn't feasible.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]