Our dying realm...

85 Blood Elf Rogue
this is mostly just a post aimed at blizzard but, is there any word whether or not, if the realm continues the way it is (especially horde) will blizzard offer free transfers to a new realm in order to save it's accounts, or will they cling to it hoping that everyone will be willing to pay to transfer all their toons?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I believe Blizzard typically only gives free transfer to realms that are over populated, but I may be wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I honestly think our relm is at a crossroads.

On one hand you have the mass exodus from the relm/(horde mostly) at the begining of the expac and while we arn't a pvp relm we have always had a nice history of city raiding/world pvp but that seams to have died down to doing TB and a few people messing around in Gates of Org/SW.

On the other hand the alliance has several great raiding guilds including a 13/13 guild. And the horde has recovered from the fall out of X-raided/cataclyst leaving with a handfull of guilds doing heroic modes and with several guilds that have been around for ever. There is also a growing number of pvp guilds that seem to be doing well on both sides.

I belive that in order to keep our relm from going from an "average relm" to a completely dead relm(based on wowprogress.com) we have to stop focusing on the negitive about what has happened or living in glory days we need to focus on the positives. If we keep producing good guilds that clear content and that also do well in PVP(arenas/RBGS) it will attract players to our relm that will (hopefully) make our guilds better which brings more players etc.

Just my two Cents.
Edited by Irena on 6/9/2011 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
<3 Lladenamaya, I do miss horde tho =(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

06/09/2011 06:48 AMPosted by Irena
we have to stop focusing on the negitive about what has happened or living in glory days we need to focus on the positives. If we keep producing good guilds that clear content and that also do well in PVP(arenas/RBGS) it will attract players to our relm that will (hopefully) make our guilds better which brings more players etc.

^ this

im fairly new to this server, been alliance on others for years.. but i have never been on a server where so many people talk about how great it used to be and how bad it is now. Its not beneficial to anyone to talk about how horde guilds used to have black temple on farm and killed KJ, lulz.. Its not that bad and there are other servers 10x worse.. (Rivendare ally side, lol)

and at the OP blizz will never give free xfers off this server at most they will give free xfers to it.. possibly, but even that is unlikely imo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
if the realm continues the way it is (especially horde) will blizzard offer free transfers to a new realm

06/08/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Xoxoladygaga
I believe Blizzard typically only gives free transfer to realms that are over populated

Correct

06/09/2011 01:14 AMPosted by Ashtin
is this realm really that bad and on its way down?

I don't feel its on its way down, but in my opinion, its kinda stalled out. We need to have more participation (what happened to guild recruitment on the forums, oh... trade chat >.< )

2.2 Alliance to 1 Horde doesn't help either.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I used to be horde on this server and TBH the horde community isnt that bad at all (minus the well known trolls of course) but it just seems like if you want to get anywhere on PVE you roll alliance on this server. Kinda wish there'd be a larger horde community for PVE as well. :D
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Just wanted to add that there is a site called www.wowranked.com and it shows you data gathered from the armory for every server in regards to alliance players and guilds, as well as horde. For this server it's basically 14k alliance and 5k horde with 535 alliance guilds and 161 horde guilds.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i remember someone saying in trade "this server is dying", then someone replying, "this server has been dead since bc", and people do talk alot about how good it was, was it really that "good"?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You guys should check out Onyxia before you even consider yourselves a dying realm
Reply Quote
06/22/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Igotjokes
i remember someone saying in trade "this server is dying", then someone replying, "this server has been dead since bc", and people do talk alot about how good it was, was it really that "good"?

Yes It Was That Good. And To be Honest.. i dont know what happened to this server. I use to Play a lock in vanilla and BC and quit wow for a wile just because of finacial Reasons. When i came back i was Disappointed at how bad the server has. for Example : My guild "Legacy of The Drow" Use to Be at its peak in BC and now 75% of the guild left to either leave the server or reroll horde.

My perspective of this is Why Dont the Alliance and Horde Get along? All i see now adays is "##!@ The Horde!" or "##!@ the Alliance!" Like Honestly What has the Horde done to us at all? Before Garrosh Came and took over in cata. Thrall Tried to Keep world peace in Azeroth. Now All Hell As Broke Loose.
Reply Quote
79 Blood Elf Paladin
If you read up on lore the reason why there's a conflict is Alliance wanted to go one way, Horde said we're doing just fine over here, then Alliance said if you don't go our way we'll kill you, Horde said you're going to fighting for a while, the Alliance said die, Horde went to battle with a heavy sigh. And that's the "epic" conflict between the two factions.

As far as our realm goes, back when the game first started you really wouldn't be able to log on depending, so more realms to save that issue. Now, we have a crap ton of realms to choose from and about *counts fingers and toes* 17,000 people connected at any given time.

So if realms were to close we would see a massive influx. But what do I know =P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
:(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Have the last 2 days been slow?
Saw the census and think I saw we have like 3000 something alliance and 3000 something horde, 6000 something players. The numbers don't look so bad but I've noticed that the trade chat at 2pm 2 days ago was completely dead, rarely any posts, yesterday it was a bit better but itd be a while for a reply.

Did the trolls get banned o.0? Or is no one raiding? I just came back from a month break and my guild Is I think on the verge of dead, at least I think my guild leaders on a long break o.o did I just rejoin on a slow weekend or what lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i hope so, mines like that also, everyone is either quitting or working 24/7. Or even worst i see people who are not even in the mood to raid including myself, i spend mostly my days leveling and such.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
According to wowranked.com we have

14,982 Alliance
5522 Horde

Not so bad
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]