What is a "Molten Lord" ?

(Locked)

85 Worgen Mage
Hello Wowers, in the latest patch notes for 4.2 the field updated (Quoted below) indicates to begin the legendary quest line you must first defeat a Molten Lord, i know you must defeat The last bosses of the current tier, but what does a Molten lord mean? is that Ragnaros? Nef? or any firelands boss?

New Legendary Item: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
  • Steadfast raiders have an opportunity to embark on a series of quests to create an all-new legendary caster staff. In order to begin the process of assembling the staff, players must first kill a Molten Lord in the Firelands. Once a Molten Lord is killed, players can accept the quest A Legendary Engagement from Ziradormi or Coridormi in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

• Thankyou - Mikey :)

90 Undead Mage
    I'm taking it to mean there are certain mobs within the Firelands called Molten Lords.

Alternatively, it could just mean that you need to kill at least one boss within the Firelands before beginning.
    41 Gnome Priest
    He is in charge of all the Moltens.
    Community Manager
    Molten Lords are mobs in the Firelands. Killing one will unlock the quest for you, after which you need to visit Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar or the Wizard's Sanctum in Stormwind to pick up the quest.

You do not have to have defeated any bosses from the previous tier. That was a requirement we ultimately decided to get rid of.

Hello Wowers, in the latest patch notes for 4.2 the field updated (Quoted below) indicates to begin the legendary quest line you must first defeat a Molten Lord, i know you must defeat The last bosses of the current tier, but what does a Molten lord mean? is that Ragnaros? Nef? or any firelands boss?

New Legendary Item: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
  • Steadfast raiders have an opportunity to embark on a series of quests to create an all-new legendary caster staff. In order to begin the process of assembling the staff, players must first kill a Molten Lord in the Firelands. Once a Molten Lord is killed, players can accept the quest A Legendary Engagement from Ziradormi or Coridormi in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

• Thankyou - Mikey :)
    Edited by Zarhym on 6/10/2011 6:44 PM PDT
    90 Draenei Shaman
    You do not have to have defeated any bosses from the previous tier. That was a requirement we ultimately decided to get rid of.

Sweet!
    90 Worgen Mage
    You'll find them pretty close to the entrance, amongst a smorgasbord of other trash in the Molten Fields area in Firelands.
    90 Draenei Paladin
    06/10/2011 06:44 PMPosted by Zarhym

Awww.

Now we will most likely not have any incentive whatsoever to visit the old raids, other than come back in 378 gear to get the achievements =/

I was hoping the requirement would be there, and I'm truly sad to see it go. May you be so cool as to indulge us into why was the requirement removed?
    85 Tauren Death Knight
    Makes sense.

You didn't have to go back a teir for any legendary in Wrath, so that you would have needed this internal check first seemed kind of "lolwut?"

Not that it would have been overlyhard for anyone dead set on getting a legendary (save for maybe a few people) would have had much issue doing the nerfed regular bosses with a competent and/or dedicated raid group.
    55 Gnome Death Knight
    06/10/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Nemuraan
    Now we will most likely not have any incentive whatsoever to visit the old raids, other than come back in 378 gear to get the achievements =/

Sure you will, since clearing ALL of Firelands will net you about half your weekly VP.
    90 Draenei Paladin
    06/10/2011 07:08 PMPosted by Lisp

Sure you will, since clearing ALL of Firelands will net you about half your weekly VP.

That I will fill with faceroll zandalari heroics, not heroic old tier raids.
    Cool. Could we possibly get a confirmation on where the embers for the third quest are obtained? The one to make the timeless eye, needs 3 sands of time and 25.... Some form of ember that has changed name away from the crafting type.
    90 Pandaren Mage

Boring =/.
    90 Human Warlock
    The living embers changed? news to me. Blue, as a caster drooling and preparing for the legendary could we please get clearification on each major step of the quest chain?

25 living embers(did these change?)+3 sands=eye

Branch of nordrassil(beats me where it is)=first wieldable version

25 seething cinders=stage 2

Heart o rag=legendary

While the last two parts are straightfoward enough the living embers/branch are quite the mystery. Are living embers(if still part of it) available through VP or firelands drop only? Where do we go to start the event for the branch of nordrassil? Will <3 you forever blizz if you could answer!
    06/10/2011 07:40 PMPosted by Jimboberjim
    The living embers changed? news to me. Blue, as a caster drooling and preparing for the legendary could we please get clearification on each major step of the quest chain?

I've been keeping tabs on all the quests as the datamining sites update, as things go through without an announcement from them. The current has a quest object called Eternal Ember instead of Living Ember that is linked to the armour crafting. Likewise, the heart of rag quest has a 250 mob kill requirement added recently. A couple of sites have different info between each other so I'm not sure on the other change that's possible, but the embers are changed on all that I've been keeping track on.
    90 Human Mage
    So,are these Molten Lords plentiful in the firelands? Or do you have to be wicked lucky to find one to kill?
    90 Undead Mage

And rightfully so, I think. Not that it was a tremendously arduous task to ask of us, but for anyone who's coming to the raiding scene late, going back and clearing those fights which they haven't done might be difficult. Finding a group of interested people, for example. Not all raiders have loads of time to spend raiding every week, and the time they do have they'll want to spend in the Firelands, not clearing the six bosses of BWD, the four of BoT (plus the trash), and the two in TotFW. Even knowing the fights, that takes a lot of time. Going in there without prior T11 experience, even though the encounters are nerfed, would still take a lot of time. We're only going one tier up, here - this isn't ICC raiders going back to Naxx.
    90 Human Warlock
    I've been keeping tabs on all the quests as the datamining sites update, as things go through without an announcement from them. The current has a quest object called Eternal Ember instead of Living Ember that is linked to the armour crafting.

Hey Kuni, which sites how you been getting this information from? Been keeping tabs as well though only used MMO-champ,wowhead, and these forums for info, just curious. Eternal embers though eh, yay a different potential item that might drop from something somewhere....at some point in time.

Another reason for Blue clearification which would be greatly appreciated, much <3!
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]