Lvl85 pacifist - 0 quests/kills/gear

90 Tauren Druid
zZq
Just wanted to share my pacifist alt's story as encouragement for anyone else attempting one - it can be done!

[url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/irenic/advanced[/url]
Creatures Killed: 0
Quests Completed: 0
Item Level: 0
Total Damage Done: 92
/Played 1-85: 8 days 23 hours 8 minutes 51 seconds

I leveled through exploration, mining, herbalism and archeology. Archeology felt a bit slower but it was a great thing to switch to when I needed a little cheerfulness. It was fun chatting with the other people who were digging and finding out what their goals were. I tried to blend in and look like I was leveling normally as much as possible. I made a point to move to a level appropriate zone for achivement granting ding's. Aside from a few suspicious guildies questioning low level archey achievements only one in guild ever actually caught on to what I was doing.

I accidently clicked 3 times for total damage done count of 92. I made a habit to target myself as soon as I logged in which helped out alot since there does not seem to be a way to turn off autto attack target. I noticed most pacifists have much higher damage done then this - but for me rooting etc.. just seemed too risky. Any tagged mob is a potential dead mob - and an end of a goal.

I got lucky and did not ever recieve the dreaded invitation to the argent tournament that auto awards a quest. I am hoping it was a postal strike - not social rejection for bad fashion taste. Irenic has not changed gear since logging in wearing a level 1 starter set. Item level equipped & in inventory was always at 0. I even went so far as to stop solving a race's archeology projects once something wearable was up next. I imagine my death count of 260 is above average but lack of gear really wasn't that difficult to work with.

I never really got bored - I just multi tasked. Lots of movies, checking email and surfing the internet for pictures of disapproving bunnies and lol cats. Its not the sort of thing to waste your time on if you are not enjoying it - your likely to get careless and misclick a kill.

The experience was pretty much all of the things his name means:
irenic adj.: peaceable
Synonyms: amiable, amicable, calm, complacent, conciliatory, gentle, mild, neighborly, nonviolent, pacific, pacifical, pacificatory, pacifist, pacifistic, peace-loving, peaceful, placid, quiet, restful, still, tranquil

Good luck to anyone else attempting alternative leveling - it can be done!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Well done!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Total Damage Done: 92

Pacifist, indeed. That's ninety-two points of murder, you barbarian. Disgusting!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Question, does leveling in dungeons as the healer count as not killing things?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
What did you do when something aggroed you? Just run away and hope nothing else aggros?
Reply Quote
68 Goblin Hunter
pff.. pacifism... throw some bombs and if that doesn't work ... toss a few bigger ones.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
zZq
06/11/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Dalamara
Question, does leveling in dungeons as the healer count as not killing things?

The kills would count against you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
zZq
06/11/2011 09:14 AMPosted by Unxia
What did you do when something aggroed you? Just run away and hope nothing else aggros?

"run away little girl" and play mob frogger hoping to not get anything else.
Reply Quote
I think this is an awesome achievement, but I have to ask, how did you get the money for your professions to begin with? That was an obstacle I ran into while attempting it the first time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thats funny because I looked at your achievements and you earned 30k from questing. you have questing achievements. This is bullcrap. Stop pulling people's leg and to level faster than my main is not feasible. This is not true. You can't level doing that ESPECIALLY if this an alt. You are telling me that YOU passed my monk in leveling to 90 when I play everyday and gain 2-4 levels a day? Yeah you are not fooling anyone. Nice concept thought.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/15/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Quests
Thats funny because I looked at your achievements and you earned 30k from questing.

...account wide achievements?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
10/15/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Yumako
Thats funny because I looked at your achievements and you earned 30k from questing.

...account wide achievements?
Reply Quote
Great job, that takes some determination. However, will you do anything with him now or in the future?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
did you get to Level 5 via exploration?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/15/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Quests
Thats funny because I looked at your achievements and you earned 30k from questing. you have questing achievements. This is bullcrap. Stop pulling people's leg and to level faster than my main is not feasible. This is not true. You can't level doing that ESPECIALLY if this an alt. You are telling me that YOU passed my monk in leveling to 90 when I play everyday and gain 2-4 levels a day? Yeah you are not fooling anyone. Nice concept thought.

You're a moron. You're also clearly jealous at this dude's amazing achievement. My Monk had over 5k Achievement points at level 1. Use your brain. As others said, it is clearly account wide achievements to blame.

Also, you seriously only get 2-4 levels a day on your monk? I have 7 hours of playtime on my Monk and I am level 41, you're clearly doing something wrong, just throwing that out there.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
great job, man id have to seriously be bored to do this lol but i wondered. if you got hit by a mob would you even survive o.o? with lack of gear i mean
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Just realized this thread is over a year old.
Edited by Hissler on 11/3/2012 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]