Being Undercut by same guy on AH

85 Undead Warlock
Is there anything you can do about someone who just consistantly keeps undercutting me. Its the same guy every time.

I try to undercut him right back and we basically got a war going on. I tried !*#%%ing at him but he said, " if I want I'll make it so you never get a sale again."

Omg, this guy must have no life. Anything I put on ah, he go's out and puts same thing up for cheaper. And he must be on like 24/7. Is there anything I can do, besides trying to sell in trade chat?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
get over with it, sell for some cheap price that he can't beat and if he undercuts just buy off of him
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Hmmmm, could it possibly be Benbanks? Ik he camps the ah and /2 at least 12hrs a day. I wouldn't be shocked if the guy ur talking about is a gold seller.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
06/12/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Terribolik
Yeah Freethejuice is a douche, i agree.

^

06/12/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Ævílhêälz
Hmmmm, could it possibly be Benbanks? Ik he camps the ah and /2 at least 12hrs a day. I wouldn't be shocked if the guy ur talking about is a gold seller.

Pretty sure i've been constantly crushing benbanks' gem market on the AH since i xferred horde
Edited by Dankestbuds on 6/12/2011 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
06/12/2011 12:25 PMPosted by Salviadivin
Is there anything I can do, besides trying to sell in trade chat?

There's a few tricks you can use, let's say that this person is named "Freethejuice":

-Add freethejuice to your friends list, so you can know when they log on or off, and where they are.

-When you notice that freethejuice goes offline, OR if he's somewhere without an AH such as BWD or a battleground, that is your chance to undercut them.

-Focus Target freethejuice if you notice him near the AH, and put a skull over his head. Helps you keep track to know if they are checking/posting auctions, or if they are just afk.

-Only undercut by 1 copper. Even if you continue to be in an undercutting war, there's no sense in undercutting by any more.

-Use a decent AH addon. I recommend Auctionator.

Visit www.theunderminejournal.com and look up your competitor. It shows what auctions they have posted, times they are most active, etc.

Here is theunderminejournal for benbanks:
http://theunderminejournal.com/seller.php?realm=H-Agamaggan&seller=Benb%C3%A1nks

If you try and post your auctions during times that your competitor rarely is active on the AH, you will have more time with them being lowest priced.

Reply Quote
35 Troll Mage
Some people even think Benbanks and Freethejuice are the same person. I happen to agree.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
lmao, guess Im not the only one fighting this war. I mean I dont even sell alot, I just want to make a few hundred gold a day or so.

But gets annoying when someone probably has more gold than they will ever need and doesnt leave the AH all day.

Thx for the tips.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
LOL at thinking I am benbanks. I am still hoping one day he will get hit by a train. Btw dont listen to dank, he is a china farmer and gold seller.
Reply Quote
It's nothing to worry about. The few guys that do undercut ALL the time usually only put 1 or 2 of that cut up on AH anyway and at only 1% undercut, which sell fast and then guess what!?! Yours are next! So your gems will still sell! mine do and i only check the AH once or twice a day.

Now the guys you should worry about are the retards that put 30 cuts of 1 gem up for 24hrs. Those all wont sell, so aim to always be under their posts.

The guys who undercut by 50%!(or any large amount) That's just dumb and ruins the value of the gems.

HINT: red gems like bold, brilliant, delicate ALWAYS SELL! so never complain about undercutting on those. Purple & orange moderately sell, and blue/yellow/green sometimes sell, so post quantity accordingly.

As for Glyphs... they rarely sell at all and all the undercutting is just stupid in that market /rawr

EDIT:: also don't bother wasting time or money battling someone else who has more time and money...
Edited by Marble on 6/16/2011 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/16/2011 12:18 AMPosted by Benbánks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_QR7omg7Vs&

Real money = song fake money = benwanks.. err bensux er bengoldfarmer.. err douche bag! yeah that last one lol
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
guyz guyz guyz

this just in

guyz guyz guyz

this guy likes necro-ing pointless threads

guyz guyz guyz

that is all
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What is this I don't even
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Just have fun with it. Every now and then I crash the Glyph market just to mess with the people who are looking for desperate people to buy them at 400g+. Ill put everything on for 25g or less then sit back and watch the same people undercut me, ROFL, its great. Then I look at it like this if they undercut me they took a huge loss from what they origianlly wanted and my product is still cheap and likely to sell and the comsumer got their purchase at a fair price not an inflated one. Let him undercut you, who cares ....as soon as his item sells yours should be next
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
11/01/2011 07:17 AMPosted by Mistyvale
Just have fun with it. Every now and then I crash the Glyph market just to mess with the people who are looking for desperate people to buy them at 400g+. Ill put everything on for 25g or less then sit back and watch the same people undercut me, ROFL, its great. Then I look at it like this if they undercut me they took a huge loss from what they origianlly wanted and my product is still cheap and likely to sell and the comsumer got their purchase at a fair price not an inflated one. Let him undercut you, who cares ....as soon as his item sells yours should be next

again, this thread is 5 months old. it was also posted by some no-name who xferred off the server.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/12/2011 10:14 PMPosted by Dankestbuds
Use a decent AH addon. I recommend Auctionator.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Auctionator is MONEY in the bank!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]