Worgen children

13 Worgen Mage
I know it's probably a bit mary sue-ish, but my worgen is in love with another worgen and they want to have children (we're calling them pups atm) and I was wondering a few things.

My main concerns are about when it's time for the babies/pups to be born. Firstly, most player worgen were cursed with being worgen through a bite from a worgen, so does this mean the children will be human? Or is the curse something that alters the DNA so irrevocably that all children born to a worgen are also worgen?

If they are worgen, how is the process of them learning to control it taught and when do they first turn worgen?

If they are human, how do we as parents cope with our children being fully human?

Lastly how would the children of worgen parents be viewed by society?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
The Curse is passed through DNA, many of the worgen who did battle against the Forsaken came from Hillsbrad, Southshore, etc.

Each of these worgen drank the blood of Crowley to become what they were.

The bite, saliva. Claw marks... myriad wounds that could be opened from being a worgen.

Few things you have to know: You -have got- to stay in worgen form for the entirety of the pregnancy or risk losing the child.

They will be born as worgen, and it's going to suck for you :\. They won't be able to control it until, probably... 6+? Maybe even older, and whenever they throw a tantrum you will have a ball of fangs, fur and claws screaming and shouting.

I think they'd be viewed as normal... until a game of tag when the kid suddenly starts running on all fours and tackling other kids to the ground. Essentially... look at how the worgen are viewed, transfer that to children, add in how children feel about differences... make those differences something that frightens other children... there ya go.
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Hunter
The way you control your little worgen: LOCK THEM IN A FRICKIN PEN AND ORDER A PRIVATE TEACHER. The way I see it, your fine untill you want to switch to human form. Its ok, untill you risk losing the child. It's like the last book in Samarui Girl, When the mother tells her story. Heaven's mother was the stewtress of Konishi Kogo, and she had an illegiment child. But Heaven's mother WANTED the baby, she considered haveing her baby smuggled onto a plane.

Don't go in public with your child if you want to keep it. People don't WANT worgen babies. People will TAKE worgen babies. To kill them.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
Pax
Why would the Alliance kill a potential member of their army just because he/she is a worgen baby?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Just remember. At no times are you allowed to switch back to human. The change could essentially crush your child.
Reply Quote
i think worgen babies woud be cute. and if anyone threatenings the little pups around me, not even a giant orc would stop me from protecting the pups.... or any child.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/13/2011 07:29 AMPosted by Theodfeng
i think worgen babies woud be cute. and if anyone threatenings the little pups around me, not even a giant orc would stop me from protecting the pups.... or any child.

This. THIS IS TRUE.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
There was a thread about this at the start of Cata.

Worgen women are not able to bear children otherwise they would shapeshift because of the extreme pain and kill the child.

Worgen men are only able to mate with Human women but the child born will be a normal Human boy/girl with no characteristics of the curse.

I have to disagree with this -- unless a Blue posted in that thread, it seems uhm... seriously wrong. Firstly, how do you have a "race" that's only got one generation? No, no, no.

First of all, a Worgen woman would be forced to shapeshift into Worgen form so if the woman is already in Worgen form -- which, as discussed above, they would need to be -- then there's no shapeshift and no killing the baby. So, let's nix that whole theory right now.

As for your second point, in the world of Azeroth, curses pass on. Look at the curses we've seen -- most notably the Blood Curse the Orcs were under. Not only was it super contagious but all of the children got it as well. Thus, we have SO MANY green Orcs. And there will continue to be green Orcs for forever.

Aside from that, the Worgen curse is spread via bodily fluids -- saliva, blood. Chances are some other fluids, if you know what I mean, since most diseases don't just stick to one or two fluids and call it a day. Particularly anything involved in DNA is going to be in *every* fluid of a person's body, and I think we can all agree that Worgen have had their DNA altered by the Curse. So, if a Worgen man were to mate with a human female she'd probably become a Worgen herself and so would the resulting baby.

Anyways OP, probably non-Worgen children would tease and bully the poor little kid. But I think that you'd be able to have the kid in human form if you administered some of that fancy night elf potion early on. I mean, be prepared for bullying and for your own kid to bully back and, y'know, be a furry terror. They'd have to learn everything normal kids have to learn as well as how to control their lupine side and how to not kill things. It'd be difficult, but I think it would be worth it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I was musing over whether a worgen pup would be house broken or potty trained, when it occurred to me; That part of their physiology, that is wolf, would probably cause worgen children to mature much more rapidly than human children. Maybe grow from birth to full maturity in eight or nine years. Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
06/13/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Crayauchtin
As for your second point, in the world of Azeroth, curses pass on. Look at the curses we've seen -- most notably the Blood Curse the Orcs were under. Not only was it super contagious but all of the children got it as well. Thus, we have SO MANY green Orcs. And there will continue to be green Orcs for forever.

Fairly certain. If a curse didn't affect the offspring, than pretty much every Orc child should have the brown skin color that the Orcs originally had, and not green. As we have green Orc children, it's probably safe to assume that children from Worgen would also carry the curse.

Whether they would be able to control said curse I don't think one can say just yet.

If I had to make a guess, I might assume that Worgen children are basically feral (and relatively harmless, like all puppies), but would require some Druidic intervention in order to get their Human side out.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
The only thing we know about the worgen curse is that it seems to be passed on by the blood and saliva. The cure doesn't seem to be negating this either, so it seems that a child being born to even a worgen parent and a non-worgen parent would be born as a worgen. Whether or not it can transform, whether it needs the Cure or not, we don't know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]